• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Someone recommended me to create a custom object called "Project" for the moment any new client signs with us, representing a new project to be added to our PMS. We are going to integrate this custom object fields data with Smartsheet using the Salesforce Connector.

After a new package type ("Project Type" custom field created) within the "Project" object is selected in a multi-selection picklist, I basically wanted to transfer the data automatically to another custom field ("Reports Ordered") within the same "Project" object, and also for the "Account" object.

Considering each service package we offer has different reports to be delivered, we wanted to be able to automatically add the correct ones to the "Reports Ordered" custom field within the "Project" and "Account" objects without the need of adding each one of them manually. Maybe by checking boxes or selecting them from another multi-selection picklist. I.e. If a client gets a premium package, the reports included are A, B, C, and D. If the client gets a professional package, the reports included are C, D, E, and F., etc.

Is it a trigger that I need to set up? Flow? How about connecting both "Project" and "Account" objects? I also wanted to type the account name in the "Project" object's "Account Name" custom field and be able to link to the account already created, the same way we do with an opportunity.

I know it's a long post, my apologies. I do have to make one more question though... :)

How can I create 2 more custom fields in the "Project" object ("Report Status" and "Report Assignee" that can be associated with each report individually? It would become a big list of custom fields if I create one for each report associated with each status and assignee. 

Please let me know if it's clear what I am trying to accomplish here. If not, I can try to rephrase it. 

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!