• Forsys

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I am trying to connect with a third party system via Web Services. Got a local certificate that given by an authority that is not on the salesforce's trusted list. 

I did create a keystore and uploaded it into Salesforce. But when im trying to send requests to server  'PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target exception' error pops up.

I know there are other topics with that error on it but i want to know if this is related to my non-CA certificate or am i doing something wrong and can continue development with that that non-CA certificate.

Thank you all in advance.

• December 01, 2020
Getting heap size error while deserializing json response in apex

(List<ContractServiceResponseWrapper.Item>)System.JSON.deserialize(JSON.serialize(myMaps), List<ContractServiceResponseWrapper.Item>.class)

Hi,

When our app makes a callout to an external webservice over SSL, we get the following Exception:

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

This doesn't happen with regular http callout. our certificate is NOT expired on the target server and everything seems to be normal. no alert or anything from the browser.

any idea?

Thanks,

P.S We need to resolve this for security review.

Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:17 PM
Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:19 PM