• Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Could you please help me to identify what are the differences between EDA and Education Cloud?

I read plenty of articles and some of the Salesforce documentation, but it is not 100% clear to me why do we need Education Cloud, since EDA is a free and open-source solution that provides the architecture.

Also what I have until now is:

EDA:

The foundation of "Education Cloud" and the Connected Campus
Designed to configure Salesforce out of the box for Higher Education.
EDA is not an App, it is an architecture, meaning it creates a foundation for Custom Apps.

Education Cloud:

- Salesforce Education Cloud is a Higher Education specific version of Salesforce that uses Education Data Architecture (EDA).
    It includes standard functionality for Student Management & Course Management as well as Gift Entry Management (GEM) & Donation Management.

Hi,

I am following the book "Developement with the Force.com platform" by JasonOuelette.

When creating the Custom Objects, I did not check the box to be visible in a tab, and so I could not add this object to the Custom App I was creating. Now I have a created fields and relationships in the custom object. How do I add this Object to the Custom App?

thanks

Svidya

• September 27, 2010