• 0 Points
  • Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I am looking for some suggestions (and possible examples) for a custom path component.

My primary requirements are that the component retain the step wording (not changing to the checkmark after passing a step), be able to edit the colors for each step of the path, and the key fields may have more than 5 fields for a step.

It does not have to be a "path component" since it will be custom, but my client likes the look of the path. However, this path is for projects that often require them to skip a step or complete a future step before a current step. So I would like to be able to customize the colors and leave the words. If they have completed all necessary fields, I want to show the step in green, if there are fields left to be completed, show it in yellow, and if nothing is completed it can be white/gray, etc. I also want to leave the words so they can easily see the step names.

I have looked at both aura component and LWC. I prefer LWC development but it looked like aura components might be easier to adjust the colors on?  The other requirement is that I need to be able to have more than five fields, which in a custom component shouldn't be an issue since I can show/hide the form data myself.

Anyone have any suggestions based on creating custom paths? Or a suggestion on which way to proceed, aura or LWC, and why.

Thanks in advance, 
Rebekah