Questions
    Replies

///////Visualforce////////

<apex:page standardController="Student__c" extensions="Student">
<apex:pageblock title="New Account">
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Register">
<apex:form >
<b>Username:</b> <br/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="username" value="{!Student__c.Name}" /> <br/>
<b>Password:</b> <br/>
<apex:inputSecret required="true" id="password" value="{!Student__c.Mobile__c}"/> <br/>
<b>Email:</b> <br/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="emailid" value="{!Student__c.Email__c}" /> <br/>
<b>Phone Number:</b> <br/>
<apex:inputText required="true" id="phno" value="{!Student__c.Height__c}" /> <br/> <br/>

<apex:commandButton value="Register" action="{!register}"/> <t/> <t/>
<apex:commandButton value="Existing User" action="{!pbck}"/> <br/> <br/>
</apex:form>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageblock>

</apex:page>

/////Controller////////

public with sharing class Student {
private final Student std;

public String Name{ get; set; }
public Double Height__c{ get; set; }
public String Email__c{ get; set; }
public String Mobile__c { get; set; }

list<student__c> stdlist=[select id, Name, Height__c, Email__c, Mobile__c from student__c where id=:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];

public Student(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
this.std= (Student)Controller.getRecord();
}

public PageReference pbck() {

return page.mylogin;
}

public PageReference register() {
insert stdlist;
return page.mylogin;
}

}

Im facing following errors:

1: Error: Student Compile Error: Invalid identifier: Height__c at line 5 column 13

2: Error: Student Compile Error: Incompatible types since an instance of SObject is never an instance of Student at line 12 column 19

for 1st error, i tried all the premitive data types, still that error is there.

I'm working with the Force.com Integration Workbook.  Everything is fine until I get to Tutorial #3! 

The workbook talks about setting up Remote Access; however Remote Access is no longer available and you're redirected back to App | Connected Apps.  At this point the workbook doesn't match the latest version of Salesforce (Summer 13).

Additionally, in Tutorial 3, Step 2, I cannot get the OAuth to work!  I get the error:

HTTP Status 401: Authentication Failed: OAuth login invalid or expired access token

I've set this up twice and I'm following the steps "exactly" as they are laid out in the workbook.  Was wondering if anyone else has come across this and if I'm simply missing something.  I'm pretty new to the coding side of SFDC; so I'm working through these workbooks to try and get a better understanding!

Thank you!

Hi,

I am trying to render a visual force page as PDF that displays Photos related to certain product.When the photos are being displayed in the PDFif there are more than 12 photos the page breaks and some space is appearing and the remaining photos are displayed in the next page.What i need now is to display Header and footer for the second page and then display the remaining photos..I am using a repeater in my page in order to display the photos.

Any suggestions are higly appreciated.

Regards,

Abhi

This post is to hopefully help anyone else who has this problem.
We had a bug that a warning message of "The content of elements should consist of well-formed character data or markup. at line 33" appeared occasionally in a apex:pageMessages output of Visualforce page.
The first breakthrough was the realization that the message only appeared immediately after the page had been edited. But there was nothing obviously wrong on line 33 of the page or any of the components it included. So the only way to narrow this down was to comment out parts of the page.
The problem turned out to be an invalid comment in a component where:
    <-- Overpayment/underpayment mode -->
should have been:
    <!-- Overpayment/underpayment mode -->
Both the component and page saved correctly, but this mistake caused the warning the first time the page was used.

This post is to hopefully help anyone else who has this problem.

We had a bug that a warning message of "The content of elements should consist of well-formed character data or markup. at line 33" appeared occasionally in a apex:pageMessages output of Visualforce page.

The first breakthrough was the realization that the message only appeared immediately after the page had been edited. But there was nothing obviously wrong on line 33 of the page or any of the components it included. So the only way to narrow this down was to comment out parts of the page.

The problem turned out to be an invalid comment in a component where:
    <-- Overpayment/underpayment mode -->
should have been:
    <!-- Overpayment/underpayment mode -->

Both the component and page saved correctly, but this mistake caused the warning the first time the page was used.