• 10 Points
  • Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to require that users with our "Sales User" profile fill out a specific set of fields when the move an opportunity in to our "Closed Won" stage.  Other users/profiles will not have this requirement. 

I have other similar versions of this rule for a single field for all users and it works, but for this exercise, I need to account for 9 required fields and only with a specific profile.  My formula is not returning errors, but when I tested this with a Sales User, SF did not require them to fill out the fields.  I did change their profile moments before asking them to test.  Do Profiles take a few minutes to reflect a change.  (Yes - I did have them sign out, changed the profile, then had them sign back in.)

My current validation rule formula is:

AND(
CASE( StageName ,
"Closed Won", 1 ,
0 ) = 1 ,
ISBLANK( Vendor_Rep__c ),
ISBLANK( Vendor_Rep_Help__c ),
ISBLANK( Business_Challenges__c ),
ISBLANK( Business_Win_Process__c ),
ISBLANK( Key_Takeaway__c ),
ISBLANK( Solution_Search__c ),
ISBLANK( Competition__c ),
ISBLANK( Overcoming_Competition__c ),
ISBLANK( Implementation_Details__c ),
$Profile.Name = "Sales User"
)

Thanks for the help!
I need to require that users with our "Sales User" profile fill out a specific set of fields when the move an opportunity in to our "Closed Won" stage.  Other users/profiles will not have this requirement. 

I have other similar versions of this rule for a single field for all users and it works, but for this exercise, I need to account for 9 required fields and only with a specific profile.  My formula is not returning errors, but when I tested this with a Sales User, SF did not require them to fill out the fields.  I did change their profile moments before asking them to test.  Do Profiles take a few minutes to reflect a change.  (Yes - I did have them sign out, changed the profile, then had them sign back in.)

My current validation rule formula is:

AND(
CASE( StageName ,
"Closed Won", 1 ,
0 ) = 1 ,
ISBLANK( Vendor_Rep__c ),
ISBLANK( Vendor_Rep_Help__c ),
ISBLANK( Business_Challenges__c ),
ISBLANK( Business_Win_Process__c ),
ISBLANK( Key_Takeaway__c ),
ISBLANK( Solution_Search__c ),
ISBLANK( Competition__c ),