• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If I execute this query:

SELECT a.Id, a.WhoId, a.WhatId, a.Subject, b.Website, b.Id FROM Task a, a.What b

I get the following error:

INVALID_FIELD:

a.ReminderDateTime, a.IsReminderSet, b.Website, b.Id FROM Task a, a.What

^

ERROR at Row:1:Column:342

No such column 'Website' on entity 'Name'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

The problem seems to be that SOQL can't figure out what to do because the a.What relationship points to a number on entities. Is there some trick I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,

Eddie

• August 20, 2008

I have not been able to find the Child Relationship Names that are required to perform SOQL queries with parent-to-child relationships. I have read the doc but see nothing about how to get the Child Relationship Name from the API for ether the standard or custom objects.

Thanks,

Eddie

• January 24, 2007
I was seeing this field as receintly as 1/12, and now it's missing. Did something change on my end or yours?

Thanks,
Eddie
  • January 22, 2007

I'm trying to use upsert with relationships to set Contact.ReportsToId to the external id of an existing contact using the partner WSDL.

The xml for my relationship field looks like this:

<Contact>

<type>Contact</type>

<ExternalId__c>1234</ExternalId__c> 

</Contact>

The API returns the following error:

No such column 'Contact' on entity 'contact'

This same code works correctly to set the relationship for Contact.AccountId.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eddie

• January 19, 2007

The way the doc reads I assume you can't but wanted to make sure.

It would be nice to be able to do so, for the cases where you don't need the upsert functionality (or the external Id baggage) for the child operation but do want to related it a parent based on an external id

Thanks,

Eddie

• January 19, 2007
I'm trying to figure out how to do an upsert to an object setting it's parent using a foreign key to it's parent's external ID using the partner WSDL.  The example in the 8.0 docs only shows this being done using the enterprise WSDL, is this possible?
  • January 08, 2007
When using Internet Explorer, I am seeing 3 UI problems in sControls that link to /dCSS/Theme2/default/common.css. I don't see any of these issues on these controls when using the FireFox browser or if I link to the Theme1 sheets.

1) Controls of class 'requiredInput' do not initially render to the right location, they render to the top of the control. Stranger still they move to the proper location if the page is resized.

2) I don't get the nice rounded corner of the lower right hand corner of my tables. It shows up as a disconnected line.

3) I see an underscore or similar char preceding the icon used with the datapicker (image of calss = 'datePickerIcon')

Any Ideas?
Thanks.
  • March 06, 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Login History data records get purged at all? We have clients that with the number of users and the number of processes that login can have about 70,000 entries a week in their Login History. This can easily escalate to 300,000 records in a month. Even though they download that data to excel and filter out automated process logins, the download and filtering out is a huge process due to so many records. Is there a way to purge these or do they get deleted automatically.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

• September 29, 2005

I�d like to allow users work with datetime fields using times based on the time zone set for their SFDC account, just as they appear in when logged via the web interface. Using .NET, the datetime values I receive back from the API have been converted to my machine�s local time zone. I realize that this is a .NET issue, and that I can convert these back into UTC as needed, but I need a way to then convert the UTC datetime to reflect the user�s time zone. Also, I need a way to take a dateime in from a user in their account�s local time (again not my machines) and convert it to UTC for sending in to the API.

Is there a way that I can obtain the time zone offset (DST aware) for a given user?  The User.Timezone field gives me a string â¬?region/keyâ¬? based time zone instead of an offset, so I can only make use of that with some sort of external lookup.

Is there a way to convert a datetime from a user�s local time into UTC using the same offset DST rules that would be used through the web based UI?

• June 30, 2005

Im looking to attach a file to an account record.

The Attachment object talks about first converting the file to base64 binary.

Please point me in the right direction toward some examples of sending files to salesforce.com

Thankyou

-GL

• June 22, 2004

Hello,

I am trying to create a new contact with the insert method

When I run this code:

object[] ret;

mapEntry[] record = new mapEntry[6];

//Create new mapentries and set the values for each field

record[0] = new mapEntry();

record[0].key = "firstName";

record[0].value = fname;

record[1] = new mapEntry();

record[1].key = "lastName";

record[1].value = lname;

record[2] = new mapEntry();

record[2].key = "Phone";

record[2].value = phone;

record[3] = new mapEntry();

record[3].key = "Fax";

record[3].value = fax;

record[4] = new mapEntry();

record[4].key = "Email";

record[4].value = email;

record[5] = new mapEntry();

record[5].key = "accountID";

record[5].value = accounttid;

ret = (object[]) sforce.insert("contact", record);

I get this error message:

Fault Code: 0

Fault string: bad field names on insert/update call: Email, Fax, Phone

I ran a describe on "Contact" and found that most of the fields were not accepted by insert.

Where can i find a list of valid fields to use in code.

Thankyou,

GL

• June 22, 2004
I'm trying to figure out how to do an upsert to an object setting it's parent using a foreign key to it's parent's external ID using the partner WSDL.  The example in the 8.0 docs only shows this being done using the enterprise WSDL, is this possible?
  • January 08, 2007
When using Internet Explorer, I am seeing 3 UI problems in sControls that link to /dCSS/Theme2/default/common.css. I don't see any of these issues on these controls when using the FireFox browser or if I link to the Theme1 sheets.

1) Controls of class 'requiredInput' do not initially render to the right location, they render to the top of the control. Stranger still they move to the proper location if the page is resized.

2) I don't get the nice rounded corner of the lower right hand corner of my tables. It shows up as a disconnected line.

3) I see an underscore or similar char preceding the icon used with the datapicker (image of calss = 'datePickerIcon')

Any Ideas?
Thanks.
  • March 06, 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Login History data records get purged at all? We have clients that with the number of users and the number of processes that login can have about 70,000 entries a week in their Login History. This can easily escalate to 300,000 records in a month. Even though they download that data to excel and filter out automated process logins, the download and filtering out is a huge process due to so many records. Is there a way to purge these or do they get deleted automatically.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

• September 29, 2005

Hi,

Any one know of a way to keep Exchange and SF.com in sync automatically. (not using a manualy triggered Intellisync).

Problem:

Field Salesforce with GPRS enabled outlook devices (Blackberry's, XDA and other).

Want to make sure they are notified when someone else books them for an appointment and when they book an appointment. For various reasons just using Exchange or just using SF.com will not work.

Does anyone know of 3rd party synchronisation tool?

Thanks

Gareth.