• 35 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I just installed Visual Studio .NET 2003, the sforce toolkit, and the samples for VB.NET

Good news: Login_2003 worked like a champ on the first attempt! 

Not-so-good news:  I am a bit confused on the behavior of the Search_2003 sample.  It works fine if I enter an account name that exactly matches (e.g., "sForce").  However, if I enter a search value like "Un", it returns 0 items.  Is this the expected behavior?  I thought it would return a list of items that matched the search (e.g., "University of Arizona", "United Oil & Gas, UK", etc.).

Can somebody explain what is going on?

Thanks,

Ebez

• September 18, 2003
When accessing a field in a formula (e.g. {!Product__c}) where the field is of data type Lookup and the object is a custom object, the formula returns some kind of internal record reference (e.g 90333000000E0jt) instead of the record name value as expected.
  • February 27, 2006
Hello,

We are attempting to build a custom object without a GUI. This object would be for reporting purposes only, and we would feed the object with data via the API. It appears that:

a) every custom object MUST have 1 page layout with 1 required field
b) there is no way no turn off the hyperlinks within a report that link to the object instance

Anyone know of a way to solve this problem? Again, the dewsired effect is to have a custom object with full reporting, but no GUI (tabs, forms, fields, etc) to that object.

Thanks!
I have read in several of the technical documents that it is possible to modify and/or extend the data model within Salesforce.com, however I have not been able to find the technical details of how one does this. I would like to understand what is involved in the following:

1) Removing existing properties of data objects (is this possible?)

2) Adding new properties to data objects

3) Modifying the relationships between data objects (if possible)

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Is it possible to create a web link that passes values from salesforce (opportunity tab) into excel. I require a link on a salesforce page that simply puts the values into a formatted excel spreadsheet.

Is this possible? If not are there any other solutions. Currently we have a link that takes the user to a report with the data. The user then click on the "Export to Excel" button, as normal. This method is a bit simplistic so we are lokking for a more sophisticated method.

Message Edited by chrismclaren on 02-15-2006 06:10 AM

I just want to confirm that I can not create a Custom Object and then define a lookup relationship to that same Custom Object (to create a hierarchical relationship, for example). An example might be a Custom Object called "Folder" which has a lookup relationship called "Parent Folder" of type "Folder".
  • February 13, 2006
Is it possible to transfer modification (customer fields, layouts) of built-objects (such as Product, Account) through AppExchange?
What is the way for it?

Thank in advance.
Hello,

I'm trying to upload package, which contains customer object with record types to AppExchange. But I see only message, that customer objects with record types are not supported.

Is it any way to do it?

Thanks.
Hi all,

I went thru the winter 6 demo for custom field lookup, according to the demo the Relationship should show all existing objects but
when pick new custom field and datatype "lookup" the Relationship is either a "User" or "None", am I missing something?
  • January 26, 2006

A request I just heard about would have required custom display of several custom fields. These fields might depend on each other. One example would be paired dropdown lists, where the value of the first list determines the set of values available in the second list. This would want to display as two labels with the selected picklist values, but would want to be editable as two dropdown lists.

This could almost be done with a WIL pointing to a SControl, but this can't be done inline, and the SControl would have to update the SForce object on its own and not when Save is clicked (which is desirable).

What would be nice would be to specify in the page layout, that I want a particular SControl to be displayed at a particular place on the page, with a particular label and at a particular size. It would be necessary for the SControl to be able to contribute to the set of edited values to be saved on Save. I suppose that the SControl would have to set hidden fields which would be read on Save.

John Saunders

I just installed Visual Studio .NET 2003, the sforce toolkit, and the samples for VB.NET

Good news: Login_2003 worked like a champ on the first attempt! 

Not-so-good news:  I am a bit confused on the behavior of the Search_2003 sample.  It works fine if I enter an account name that exactly matches (e.g., "sForce").  However, if I enter a search value like "Un", it returns 0 items.  Is this the expected behavior?  I thought it would return a list of items that matched the search (e.g., "University of Arizona", "United Oil & Gas, UK", etc.).

Can somebody explain what is going on?

Thanks,

Ebez

• September 18, 2003