• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm modifying the Insert API sample application to insert an opportunity into SalesForce. I'm getting along just fine, but no matter what I try I cannot change the "closeDate" property. Which VB.Net data type must I use to get this to work properly? I've tried DateTime, and even writing a string in dateTime.iso8601 format, but I still get the "value not of required time dateTime.iso8601" error message. Is there sample code in VB on how to manipulate these types of fields?
  • December 09, 2003
What do I use to open up the HX* files that were installed with the developer toolkit for VS .Net 2003? Is that information the same as the CHM file at http://www.salesforce.com/us/docs/sforce_API_reference_manual.chm ? Is there another place I can go for more VB information? Is there a way to get a printed version of the fields available through the sForce Browser?

Is there any sample code on how to use the sforce.WindowsControlLibrary? There's a LoginControl that could be useful, but none of the sample apps seem to use it.
  • October 23, 2003
I'm modifying the Insert API sample application to insert an opportunity into SalesForce. I'm getting along just fine, but no matter what I try I cannot change the "closeDate" property. Which VB.Net data type must I use to get this to work properly? I've tried DateTime, and even writing a string in dateTime.iso8601 format, but I still get the "value not of required time dateTime.iso8601" error message. Is there sample code in VB on how to manipulate these types of fields?
  • December 09, 2003

Please note there is an omission in the API 2.5 documentation concerning SOQL and LIKE.

The documentation is missing description of the LIKE keyword, which as in the case with SQL, allows wild card searching of text fields.

For example:

select id, firstname, lastname  from lead where lastname like 'Smith%'

Will match all last names starting with Smith.

select id, firstname, lastname  from lead where lastname like 'Smith_'

Will match all last names starting with Smith up to 1 additional character.  (IE Smiths will match, but Smithson will not.)

The documentation will be updated soon to reflect this feature.

• December 04, 2003