• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is there way to iterate through the fields of Object returned through the QueryResult and get the name/value of the fields.

Currently the only way I could see is to get to the fields is the get set methods  for that particular field. Which implies that I need to know what fields are there in the returned object, which is file if I am writing the query in the code and I know what fields will be returned. But if I am makinga tool to allow a user to specifiy the query and the tool generates an XML out of the returned objects then a generic method to loop through the fields will be very helpful. I think the previous API since every thing was loaded in a hash map, therefore it was much easier to do what I am trying to do.

Thanks

fruser

• December 15, 2003

Hi,

I tried the quick start for java and  I used an enterprise account, I was able to login and get accounts (menu item 1 and 2) But when I tried to update an account (which was created by the same user[system admin] with whose credentials I logged in through web services) I get a error saying API not enabled for Partner or Organisation.

I modifed the code a little and was able to even query tasks and other entities. So is it by default that I am able to query all objects but if I need to update objects we need some other level of subscription or license.

Also as a system Admin I dont see any links in "setup" section to download WSDL for our organization. I see these links when I login to the sforce accont that I have. So how do I get to this WSDL for our organization, is it again a question of upgrading our current license or isit just a matter of getting it activated.

Thanks

fruser

Hi,

I am runing Axis demos (java). I  did update first and then did query by Filter.

My filter is lastModifiedDate is "less than" end date which is current time and "greater than" start date which is current time - 30 second.

I noticed (I tried many times)  that even the lastModifiedDate is between the current time and current time - 30 second. query will not get the updated object. but if my start date is current time - 30 second - 60 second. I can get the object if I do query by Filter within 30 second after I did update.

current time - 30 second - 60 second <lastModifiedDate < current time

So why need 60 second .

I call get_server_timestamp to get server time and it is same as my local time (GMT)

I am thinking this many days and don't know why.

• August 18, 2003