• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've asked this before but didn't get much of a reply.

We have a number of Solutions in our knowledgebase and would like to offer the published ones to our users via a web interface.  The web GUI would provide the ability of our customers to search the knowledgebase based on user-entered keywords.

Is this possible with the SalesForce API?  Has anyone done something like this before?  The alternative is to create our own database with Solution information, provide a searchable web-front end to that, develop a way to copy solutions from our db into SalesForce via the API, copy the Solution ID from SalesForce back into our database, copy the Published fields from within SalesForce back out to our database.  Obviously, I'm looking for an easier method than this.

THANKS!!

I'm coming along well with the case management part of our customer portal.  Now I'm interested in providing our solutions to our customers as a searchable knowledgebase.  Are there some standards or guidelines that you can provide as the best way to get this set up?  I found the 'self-service portal' section of the standard Salesforce.com help pages.  However, this doesn't seem too robust.  The basic functionality I'd like is to allow for searches of the knowledgebase.  Can this be done within the sforce API?

THANKS!!

1. I was displaying Case data via the API and wanted to show the Solutions associated with a particular case.  I couldn't see anything about the Solution in the Case object or vice-versa.  I notice from the standard GUI that this appears to be a many-to-many relationship.  Thus, we need access to the MTM table to show these.  Any ideas/comments?

2. I remember before seeing something about putting your knowledgebase (your solutions) online in a searchable format for your customers.  What would you recommend as the best way of doing this?  Is there a way to do this via the API?  Is there a traditional (i.e. non-API) method for doing this?

THANKS!! 

There's an old thread that mentions one should modify the wsdl as below to allow the insert or update to do auto assign of objects.  I see some parts of my wsdl that are similar to this but nothing that matches it exactly.

Is there an easier way to do this?  All I want to do is apply an Auto Assign rule when creating a case.  I'm happy to have it generic so that every case created will be subjected to this rule.

THANKS!!

<message name="insert">
    <part name="type" type="s:string" />
    <part name="record" type="s0:map" />
    <part name="autoAssign" type="s:boolean" />
    <part name="assignmentRuleId" type="s:string" />
  </message>
  <message name="update">
  </message>

In the standard GUI case setup page there's a reference to Account Name which looks like a de-normalized item in the case table.  From the WSDL, it looks like there's no way to access the Account ID from the case.  Is there a way to do this?

If not, I'd like to submit this as an enhancement request.  I want to give the user the option to see only their own cases or all cases associated with their account.  To do the latter, I have to do a query something like the following:

1. Select account ID from the contact ID
  2. Get all of the contact IDs for this account
  3. Select cases where contact ID is in (list of contact IDs for the account)

I'm doing this and it's working.  But it seems pretty inefficient.  It would be much easier to do.

1. Select cases where account ID = myAccountID

THANKS!!  And sorry to dump all of these questions on you in one sitting. 

I'm doing queries and retrieving results just fine.  However, the results are usually not sorted the way I'd prefer.  I guess I could create a vector of the results and do the sort in there.  But this would be a bit of a pain.  Is there a way that one can order the results of a query in SoQL?

I reported this issue a week or so ago about carriage returns not being returned with descriptions, etc.  Can I please get an estimate of when this will be fixed?  I'm sorry to be pushy but we consider this a show stopper.  I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing our site out to real customers until this is resolved.

THANKS!!

I'm trying to close a case via the API (sforce 2.5, Java on Tomcat).  Everything seems to work well but the 'Closed' event that is seen when a case is closed from the standard GUI isn't present.  I looked at trying to add my own Case History event but I couldn't see where I would add the 'Closed' text.

The relevant code I'm using is below.  I tried the last line but it would result in an error.

theCase.setId(myID);

theCase.setStatus("Closed");

//theCase.setIsClosed(Boolean.FALSE);

Any ideas?  THANKS!!

In the regular SalesForce GUI one can use carriage returns to create case descriptions such as:

"Problem: the problem

"Resolution: will fix"

However, when I run an sForce query against the _case.description field the result is stripped of carriage returns.  I tried to write a small utility that would convert these to HTML but alas, they're not there at all, even when I looked at the results byte by byte.  The above example is simply returned as:

"Problem: the problemResolution: will fix"

Any ideas?  THANKS!!

Just to be clear on a few things I heard at the conference. 

1) Is version 2.5 the latest version of Sforce that will be released shortly?  Is there an update as to when this will actually be released?

2) Is this the version that has the SoQL query language that can be used instead of (or in addition to) the 2.0 methods?

3) Will there be Java examples available as there are for version 2.0?  These were extremely helpful to me and I would greatly appreciate these.

Sorry, much of this is new to me and we're trying to get a customer portal up and running pretty quickly.  Thus, I may be hitting you up with a few questions in the next few of weeks.

BTW, I really enjoyed the conference.  You guys did an excellent job explaining the technical details.

Hi,

I want to do a select that uses apostrophes for example:

"select id from lead where Email = ' "+thisemail+" ' "

And am getting malformed query errors how can I avoid this?

Thanks,

Graham

Hi,

I have downlaoded "sforce_API_developer_guide"...   however, this api is not enough for me to develop application since there has missing fields I need.

For example, I want to access "Account" detail, then I need to know what information can I get, like "Account ID", "Account Name", etc........

If I want to get the ID, then I need "getID".  If I need Account Name, then I need "getName", etc....

However, that API didn't provide the enough information for me to get detail. Please let me know where can I find the api include all the things I need.

Thanks,

Daniel.

1. I was displaying Case data via the API and wanted to show the Solutions associated with a particular case.  I couldn't see anything about the Solution in the Case object or vice-versa.  I notice from the standard GUI that this appears to be a many-to-many relationship.  Thus, we need access to the MTM table to show these.  Any ideas/comments?

2. I remember before seeing something about putting your knowledgebase (your solutions) online in a searchable format for your customers.  What would you recommend as the best way of doing this?  Is there a way to do this via the API?  Is there a traditional (i.e. non-API) method for doing this?

THANKS!! 

There's an old thread that mentions one should modify the wsdl as below to allow the insert or update to do auto assign of objects.  I see some parts of my wsdl that are similar to this but nothing that matches it exactly.

Is there an easier way to do this?  All I want to do is apply an Auto Assign rule when creating a case.  I'm happy to have it generic so that every case created will be subjected to this rule.

THANKS!!

<message name="insert">
  </message>
  <message name="update">
  </message>

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the session alive through the API by making some API calls within every two hour timeout period?  It seems that trying to keep the session alive using global describe calls or query calls  fails after a certain time, even though the session does last longer than the original 2 hour period.  

What is the maximum amount of time a session can be kept alive? 

What API calls should be used to keep the session alive?

Thanks,

Shun

• December 21, 2003

I reported this issue a week or so ago about carriage returns not being returned with descriptions, etc.  Can I please get an estimate of when this will be fixed?  I'm sorry to be pushy but we consider this a show stopper.  I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing our site out to real customers until this is resolved.

THANKS!!

I'm trying to close a case via the API (sforce 2.5, Java on Tomcat).  Everything seems to work well but the 'Closed' event that is seen when a case is closed from the standard GUI isn't present.  I looked at trying to add my own Case History event but I couldn't see where I would add the 'Closed' text.

The relevant code I'm using is below.  I tried the last line but it would result in an error.

theCase.setId(myID);

theCase.setStatus("Closed");

//theCase.setIsClosed(Boolean.FALSE);

Any ideas?  THANKS!!

I am looking through the axis docs, and i don't see why this happens.   This is also the case with all of the samples, so just curious if there is a way to fix it.

Is there anyway to active the assignment rules for the leads?

I have no problem to insert leads by using the tool kits, but all the leads have been stay into the login account instead of being distributed. Is there any way I can do via the API?

• December 09, 2003

Hi all,

Like the subj says, I'm a newbie to salesforce, SOAP, and AXIS, but oh well. . .

I need to build a recordset of Case objects, but would like to limit the set to just those records closed on a particular day - is this possible?  Using the quickstart.jar classes, I modified quickstart.java to do something like:

strQry1 = "SELECT contactId, lastModifiedDate, CallResolution FROM Case";
   strQry1 += " WHERE lastModifiedDate >= '" + strBegDate + "' ";
   strQry1 += " AND lastModifiedDate <= '" + strEndDate + "' ";

but I bombed out with a malformed query ApiException . . .

Is this possible?   Is there a document describing rules and syntax for limiting query results?

Thanx!

KC

In the regular SalesForce GUI one can use carriage returns to create case descriptions such as:

"Problem: the problem

"Resolution: will fix"

However, when I run an sForce query against the _case.description field the result is stripped of carriage returns.  I tried to write a small utility that would convert these to HTML but alas, they're not there at all, even when I looked at the results byte by byte.  The above example is simply returned as:

"Problem: the problemResolution: will fix"

Any ideas?  THANKS!!

Just to be clear on a few things I heard at the conference. 

1) Is version 2.5 the latest version of Sforce that will be released shortly?  Is there an update as to when this will actually be released?

2) Is this the version that has the SoQL query language that can be used instead of (or in addition to) the 2.0 methods?

3) Will there be Java examples available as there are for version 2.0?  These were extremely helpful to me and I would greatly appreciate these.

Sorry, much of this is new to me and we're trying to get a customer portal up and running pretty quickly.  Thus, I may be hitting you up with a few questions in the next few of weeks.

BTW, I really enjoyed the conference.  You guys did an excellent job explaining the technical details.