• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,
I need to find all case objects for a particular contact, but the only constraint that I can see which will give me this is the ContactID.  But when I try to run a query using this field, I get a binding.query exception.
My query statement looks like this:

Contact sup_Cont = (Contact) mgr_recs[0];
  tmpParentID = sup_Cont.getId();
  strAcctIDsql =  "SELECT ID FROM _case WHERE contactId = '" + tmpParentID.getValue() + "' ";

As an alternative, I guess I couldquery ALL  Case-objects, and then do a string-compare on the ContactID to see if it belongs to a contact, but that just seems stupid.

Anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanx!

Hi all,

I'm trying to get all cases via the contact ID, and I keep getting kicked out.

I thought tht I just had to collect the cases via the following query:

strAcctIDsql =  "SELECT ID FROM _case WHERE contactId = '" + tmpParentID.getValue() + "' ";

Where "tmpParentID" is the Contact record ID;  But this bails via an SQL exception - anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanx in adv.;

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 05-19-2004 03:06 PM

Hi-

This is hopefully an easy one:  I'm trying to select the account "tickersymbol" field but I keep getting "Bad Field Name" exceptions in my java query code at runtime.   I've verified that it's spelled right, and all that kind of stuff . . . Is there something I'm missing?

Kevin

Hi All,

This isn't germain to a particular development language, so I'm posting the question here.

My company would like to be able to search on an account's "Agent Number", which is currently a "custom field".   Unfortunately, when they enter the agent number value in the search box, they consistently get "no records found".  Can anyone advise me on either of these possibilities:

1. Is there a way to tell the salesforce.com search engine to ALSO search for the "Agent Number" custom field when entering this in the search field?

2.  When I run my daily batch update, can I populate the "ticker Symbol" field (currently unused on my site) with the agent number; and if I do, will it be searched by the search engine?

I know I can tell my people to pullup the "advanced search" options, but this is not obvious to them, and therefore becomes (for lack of a better term) "politically problematic."

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

OK-  Howcome / WhatFor do I get a socket exception (randomly, apparently)?

My program will randomly stop with a stack trace such as:

faultString: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)
        at org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFactory.java:224)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:157)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:114)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.update(SoapBindingStub.java:1180)
        at Insert.runInsertDemo(Insert.java:342)
        at Insert.runDemo(Insert.java:80)
        at Insert.main(Insert.java:75)

It appears to be  happening  at any time; either at 80, or even over 1000 records, apparently always on an "insert" operation.

Anyone have any thoughts/ from similar experiences?

Thanks.

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-15-2003 05:10 PM

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-15-2003 05:15 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a query for an account object that has a particular social sec. # (a custom field), but I keep on getting a message saying "Bad field name 'site' in select list of query call".   Is there something I'm missing? I verified I'm using API version 2.0 and verified the WSDL has "SSN_c" as the field name .  Here's my code:

Object[] filter = new Object[1]; //Final filter array
    Calendar jc = Calendar.getInstance();
    jc.set(1950,10,6);
    filter[0] = makeSimpleFilter("SSN__c", sSqlRetData, "equals");

org.w3c.dom.Element a_value = (org.w3c.dom.Element)   binding.query("filter", "account", 10,
               new java.lang.String[] {"SSN__c"}, filter, null, jc, true);

Thanks in advance for any help.

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-11-2003 01:57 PM

Is there a sample written in Java for making batch inserts?

I need to make lots of batch creates of both Account and Contact records, and anything that I can do to make it faster is going to help me immensely.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi again all,

Again, I apologize if these seem like trite questions.

I'm trying to write a stand-alone java app (no web servers or such) that reads a couple of items from the salesforce.com site and writes the daily-items out to a plain text file. 

Another associate of mine added the custom fields, and they appear on both the download-WSDL xml file, AND the salesforce web pages.

I am hand-coding the "quickstart.jar" object class definition java files to include the custom fields, but I'm wondering now if this is a good practice, as it appears that I cannot access custom fields even though the related class files (in my case, Contact and _case) throw exceptions whenever I try to access custom objects in my SELECT statements.

I know it's a lot to ask without showing code, but is there some crucial step I'm missing? because I'm sure the SOAP-related stuff is correct in my code (I know about the __c variables and the get / set member-access functions and such).

I know this is sketchy, but thanks for any help.

KC

Hi all,

Like the subj says, I'm a newbie to salesforce, SOAP, and AXIS, but oh well. . .

I need to build a recordset of Case objects, but would like to limit the set to just those records closed on a particular day - is this possible?  Using the quickstart.jar classes, I modified quickstart.java to do something like:

strQry1 = "SELECT contactId, lastModifiedDate, CallResolution FROM Case";
   strQry1 += " WHERE lastModifiedDate >= '" + strBegDate + "' ";
   strQry1 += " AND lastModifiedDate <= '" + strEndDate + "' ";

but I bombed out with a malformed query ApiException . . .

Is this possible?   Is there a document describing rules and syntax for limiting query results?

Thanx!

KC

I am trying to setup to access SFDC webservices via PHP on a win32 based webserver.
I have successfully done this on a server running MAC OSX but when I use the login page from the SFDC php sample I get this error.

Error: curl_exec error 28 SSL connection timeout

Does anybody have a clue what I need to do to get SOAP/SFDCs SOAP calls working on PHP on win32?
  • October 08, 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get all cases via the contact ID, and I keep getting kicked out.

I thought tht I just had to collect the cases via the following query:

Where "tmpParentID" is the Contact record ID;  But this bails via an SQL exception - anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanx in adv.;

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 05-19-2004 03:06 PM

Is every field available via the API.  If not, which fields are not available?

Can  you reset a contact's self-service password via the API?

• January 19, 2004

Hi-

This is hopefully an easy one:  I'm trying to select the account "tickersymbol" field but I keep getting "Bad Field Name" exceptions in my java query code at runtime.   I've verified that it's spelled right, and all that kind of stuff . . . Is there something I'm missing?

Kevin

How should I handle this error in the 2.5 api?

query: select Id, FirstName, LastName, Salutation, ReportsToId, Title from Contact where AccountId='00130000000sWB8AAM'
Salesforce.com 2.5 error 0x1:
com.caucho.vfs.ClientDisconnectException: client timeout

OK-  Howcome / WhatFor do I get a socket exception (randomly, apparently)?

My program will randomly stop with a stack trace such as:

faultString: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)
        at org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFactory.java:224)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:157)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:114)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.update(SoapBindingStub.java:1180)
        at Insert.runInsertDemo(Insert.java:342)
        at Insert.runDemo(Insert.java:80)
        at Insert.main(Insert.java:75)

It appears to be  happening  at any time; either at 80, or even over 1000 records, apparently always on an "insert" operation.

Anyone have any thoughts/ from similar experiences?

Thanks.

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-15-2003 05:10 PM

Message Edited by kevincar on 12-15-2003 05:15 PM

I am looking through the axis docs, and i don't see why this happens.   This is also the case with all of the samples, so just curious if there is a way to fix it.

Is there a sample written in Java for making batch inserts?

I need to make lots of batch creates of both Account and Contact records, and anything that I can do to make it faster is going to help me immensely.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi again all,

Again, I apologize if these seem like trite questions.

I'm trying to write a stand-alone java app (no web servers or such) that reads a couple of items from the salesforce.com site and writes the daily-items out to a plain text file. 

Another associate of mine added the custom fields, and they appear on both the download-WSDL xml file, AND the salesforce web pages.

I am hand-coding the "quickstart.jar" object class definition java files to include the custom fields, but I'm wondering now if this is a good practice, as it appears that I cannot access custom fields even though the related class files (in my case, Contact and _case) throw exceptions whenever I try to access custom objects in my SELECT statements.

I know it's a lot to ask without showing code, but is there some crucial step I'm missing? because I'm sure the SOAP-related stuff is correct in my code (I know about the __c variables and the get / set member-access functions and such).

I know this is sketchy, but thanks for any help.

KC