• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

After researching Web Integration Links, it appears that this may be a very useful feature as it would allow user's to review their Dictations/Jobs from within SalesForce, submit them, then return back to SalesForce all in the same browser.  But we will need to get past the login page. 

Scenario:
1)  External URL:  http://www.expresivcrm.com
2)  Login Page contains Username and Password which may both be different than the user's SaleForce Credentials.

It looks like Web Integration Links may be setup with Query String Parameters, but it does not seem appropriate, for security purposes, to pass user's credentials as Query String Parameters. 

1)  Is it possible to login to another web site's login page without passing credentials in the url?
2)  If not, would this violate the security provisions in the partner agreement?
3)  Do you have a "best practices" for implementing a Partner's web site login?

Please advise...

Thanks
Roy

• May 25, 2004

Hello,

It appears that the Web UI has a way of determining the Last Used and/or Last Accessed Date for records by the way it delivers the order of contacts & accounts in order of Last Accessed.

I have not found a Last Used or Last Accessed field in the API.  Do either of these fields exists?  Is there another way to get the Last Used or Last Accessed field of a record?  Any ETA on implementing in the API?

Devlopment in MS Visual Studio 2003 .Net utilizing sForce 3.0 Enterprise API.

Thanks
Roy

• May 24, 2004

Hello,

When calling the getDeleted Method passing in OpportunityStage as the sObjectType parameter, I receive the following exception: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type OpportunityStage is not replicable.

Please confirm that it is not possible to retrieve the deleted OpportunityStage Record ID's.

If this is not possible now, will it be possible in the future?  If so, any ETA?

Development in MS Visual Studio 2003 .Net utilizing sForce 3.0 Enterprise.

Thanks
Roy

• May 18, 2004

Hello,

Are there any restrictions to the Assigned To field for a Task?  I am wondering if any user may assign a task to any other user regardless of the profile and/or role of each user?

I can test from Sys-Admin to Regular User & vice versa, however I cannot test from regular user to regular user.

Development in Visual Studio .Net 2003 & Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 25, 2004

Hello,

I have a scenario where a user entered a Contact that is not associated with an Account

When I execute the query method from the API to process:
"select Id, FirstName, LastName, Title, AccountID, CreatedDate, LastModifiedDate from contact"

Contacts not associated with Accounts are NOT retrieved.  Contacts associated with Accounts are retrieved.  This functionality use to work in 2.0 API.

Developed in Visual Studio.Net 2003 (VB) Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 16, 2004

Hello,

I am attempting to catch "Bad Logins" before 3 times so the user's credentials are not disabled.

Currently, I am basing the logic off of Exceptions thrown by the API which include a message of:
"INVALID_LOGIN"
       OR
"username or password not valid"

Is this sufficient or are there other messages that need to be trapped as well?

Development in Visual Studio 2003 (VB) & Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 13, 2004

Hello,

Is it possible to retrieve the associated Type, Probability, Forecast Category & Modified By fields for Opportunity Stage PickList Values.

I am currently able to retrieve the available PickListEntries for the StageName field, but would like to get the associated Type, Probability & Forecast Category fields as well.

Developing in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2002 (VB) using Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 03, 2004

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2002 & SF 2.5 Enterprise API.

Is it possible to view the SOAP Request & Response messages for the Login, Query, Create & Update methods?

If so, how?

Thanks
Roy

• January 30, 2004

Hello,

I saw in the message board that Email Notification for Task Creation is NOT available in the API as of 10/1/2003?

I was wondering if this is still true?  If so, is there an anticipated date for this enhancment?

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2002 & SF 2.5 Enterprise API

Thanks
Roy

• January 30, 2004

Hello,

I have seen the CreatedDate & LastModifiedDate on the records from SF, but is there an Activity Date?

I noticed that the Web UI displays the most recently viewed contacts & accounts regardless of any actual activity such as data changes...is it possible to duplicate this functionality via the API?

If so, how?

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2002 & SF 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• January 30, 2004

Hello,

I have a scenario where a user entered a Contact that is not associated with an Account

When I execute the query method from the API to process:
"select Id, FirstName, LastName, Title, AccountID, CreatedDate, LastModifiedDate from contact"

Contacts not associated with Accounts are NOT retrieved.  Contacts associated with Accounts are retrieved.  This functionality use to work in 2.0 API.

Developed in Visual Studio.Net 2003 (VB) Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 16, 2004

Hello,

Is it possible to retrieve the associated Type, Probability, Forecast Category & Modified By fields for Opportunity Stage PickList Values.

I am currently able to retrieve the available PickListEntries for the StageName field, but would like to get the associated Type, Probability & Forecast Category fields as well.

Developing in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2002 (VB) using Enterprise 2.5 API.

Thanks
Roy

• February 03, 2004

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2002 & SF 2.5 Enterprise API.

Is it possible to view the SOAP Request & Response messages for the Login, Query, Create & Update methods?

If so, how?

Thanks
Roy

• January 30, 2004