• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I defined a custom datetime field for Cases.

Using .NET and sforce 3.0, I updated the field with a correct GMT value (I checked it at runtime with the debugger). However, when I view the date in the regular Salesforce CRM, the datetime is the "opposite" of my time zone. In other words, I am GMT +3:00, and the time shown is 03.00 AM instead of 06.00 (the correct value). This is curious, as since I am at GMT+3, I would have expected a mistake (if any) in my taking timezones into account would have caused 09.00 AM to have been displayed.

I'd appreciate help on this.

My environment is VS.NET 2003, c#.

• June 07, 2004

(Newbie alert...)

I want to define a new custom object called "Bug". Conceptually, there would be a one-to-many relationship between Bug and Cases, as a single Bug could be at the root of many different Accounts reporting the same problem.

Presumably, I would need to add a custom field of BugId to the Case object. However, I obviously want to enforce referential Integrity. Does Salesforce or sforece provide a method of enforcing referential integrity automatically? 

My experience with manually enforcing referntial integrity via apllicative code has been dismal...

Any ideas?

TIA

Lavie

• February 26, 2004

I defined a custom datetime field for Cases.

Using .NET and sforce 3.0, I updated the field with a correct GMT value (I checked it at runtime with the debugger). However, when I view the date in the regular Salesforce CRM, the datetime is the "opposite" of my time zone. In other words, I am GMT +3:00, and the time shown is 03.00 AM instead of 06.00 (the correct value). This is curious, as since I am at GMT+3, I would have expected a mistake (if any) in my taking timezones into account would have caused 09.00 AM to have been displayed.

I'd appreciate help on this.

My environment is VS.NET 2003, c#.

• June 07, 2004