• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Dave,

I am building a web page which fetches leads from salesforce, 

I want to allow user to sort records alphabatically i.e. lastname like '%a' and lastname like '%b' .......
it works fine,

Problem arises when i want fetch records dont belongs to a-z i.e. "Others"
A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|Other|All

Can u suggest me the way for that, or i have to write long query for the this purpose. i.e.

...lastname not like '%a' and lastname not like '%b'  and lastname not like '%c' ......lastname not like '%z'

I am using partners 3.0 for development

regards,
Gagan

Hi

Can i pass "Created Date" like LeadCreatedDate of the entitied in WIL, i didnt find any field for that.

Gagan

Hi dev ,

I  am working with document and folders using 3.0. I need FolderId from documents to recognize from which folder this documnet actualy is.

Problem is FolderId is retuurning me Ownerid instead .

Following is the query

"Select ID, Name, CreatedDate, Type, FolderId,  Authorid, Description from document "

and this is what it returned for folder id

00500000004oqLYAAY
00500000004oqLYAAY
00500000004oqLYAAY
00500000004oqLYAAY
00500000004oqLYAAY
00500000004oqLYAAY

am i doing something wrong, Please comment

Gagan

Hi Dave,

With VB.NET i am using API 3.0 Partners,

While I use "API Pertner server URL 3.0" in WIL to get url for my login call in my application it gives me error sometimes.... its when , while i try to compare the values (usualy of the salesforce id type) in the datatable. It says it has found two values for the comparision.

Same code works fine when i take url as "API Partners Server url 2.5" in WIL.

Is there somthing that i dont know...

Please suggest

regards,
Gagan

Hi Dave,

I am building a web page which fetches leads from salesforce, 

I want to allow user to sort records alphabatically i.e. lastname like '%a' and lastname like '%b' .......
it works fine,

Problem arises when i want fetch records dont belongs to a-z i.e. "Others"
A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|Other|All

Can u suggest me the way for that, or i have to write long query for the this purpose. i.e.

...lastname not like '%a' and lastname not like '%b'  and lastname not like '%c' ......lastname not like '%z'

I am using partners 3.0 for development

regards,
Gagan

Hi

Can i pass "Created Date" like LeadCreatedDate of the entitied in WIL, i didnt find any field for that.

Gagan

Hi Dave,

With VB.NET i am using API 3.0 Partners,

While I use "API Pertner server URL 3.0" in WIL to get url for my login call in my application it gives me error sometimes.... its when , while i try to compare the values (usualy of the salesforce id type) in the datatable. It says it has found two values for the comparision.

Same code works fine when i take url as "API Partners Server url 2.5" in WIL.

Is there somthing that i dont know...

Please suggest

regards,
Gagan

Hi

i am using partner wsdl 3.0 and i am getting one problem while making case with assignment rule. so please tell me how to insert default assignment by using partner wsdl.

thank you

Quick question. I'm looking to add the Data Model Viewer to an app to aid in Mapping Fields. By this I mean we take info from a Salesforce.com field (e.g. User's Email address) and put it into one of our fields, with a different name.

SO, it would be helpful when making these mappings to be able to browse the data tree and select fields. I know on the sforce sourceforge site it says the source will be available soon for the SOQL explorer, any ideas on when? Any suggestions on an easy way to implement this?

Thanks,

Graham
  • April 05, 2004

Is compression supported on API 2.5?  If so are there any examples specific to v2.5.

Cheers;

GlennW

• January 02, 2004

Please note there is an omission in the API 2.5 documentation concerning SOQL and LIKE.

The documentation is missing description of the LIKE keyword, which as in the case with SQL, allows wild card searching of text fields.

For example:

select id, firstname, lastname  from lead where lastname like 'Smith%'

Will match all last names starting with Smith.

select id, firstname, lastname  from lead where lastname like 'Smith_'

Will match all last names starting with Smith up to 1 additional character.  (IE Smiths will match, but Smithson will not.)

The documentation will be updated soon to reflect this feature.

• December 04, 2003