• 5 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to get my enterprise.wsdl to compile with the wsimport tool from the latest JAX-WS release. Basically what I am trying to do is to eventually move our application away from the now pretty tired Axis 1 environment to JAX-WS which will in due course come bundled with Java 1.6.

Typical errors are like:

[wsimport] [ERROR] A class/interface with the same name "com.sforce.soap.enterprise.DescribeLayout" is already in use. Use a class customization to resolve this conflict.
 [wsimport]   line 2611 of file:/home/mm/oscar/build_current/dev/jaxws/sforce/enterprise.wsdl

[wsimport] [ERROR] (Relevant to above error) another "DescribeLayout" is generated from here.
 [wsimport]   line 2456 of file:/home/mm/oscar/build_current/dev/jaxws/sforce/enterprise.wsdl

It seems wsimport which I believe internally uses the xjc compiler from JAXB doesn't like identical element and type names.

Have others encountered the same / similar problem? Are there simple solutions (I know I can create custom bindings for those elements but that is pretty painful)?

Thanks
  • December 06, 2006

We have the situation that accessing SalesForce using webservices returns 18 char object IDs while using some of the other tools, eg. "Weekly Export Service", return 15 char IDs. What is the correct way in Java code to check if a 15 char ID refers to the same object as the 18 char ID? Is it simply a string prefix match or do we need to use some more complicated logic?

• June 01, 2004

I am having trouble setting a Currency (8,2) field to 0. Doing a

setMyCurrencyField__c(new Double(0));

sSeems to have no effect, ie. the field is left at its previous value after an update.

• April 27, 2004
I am trying to get my enterprise.wsdl to compile with the wsimport tool from the latest JAX-WS release. Basically what I am trying to do is to eventually move our application away from the now pretty tired Axis 1 environment to JAX-WS which will in due course come bundled with Java 1.6.

Typical errors are like:

[wsimport] [ERROR] A class/interface with the same name "com.sforce.soap.enterprise.DescribeLayout" is already in use. Use a class customization to resolve this conflict.
 [wsimport]   line 2611 of file:/home/mm/oscar/build_current/dev/jaxws/sforce/enterprise.wsdl

[wsimport] [ERROR] (Relevant to above error) another "DescribeLayout" is generated from here.
 [wsimport]   line 2456 of file:/home/mm/oscar/build_current/dev/jaxws/sforce/enterprise.wsdl

It seems wsimport which I believe internally uses the xjc compiler from JAXB doesn't like identical element and type names.

Have others encountered the same / similar problem? Are there simple solutions (I know I can create custom bindings for those elements but that is pretty painful)?

Thanks
  • December 06, 2006

We have the situation that accessing SalesForce using webservices returns 18 char object IDs while using some of the other tools, eg. "Weekly Export Service", return 15 char IDs. What is the correct way in Java code to check if a 15 char ID refers to the same object as the 18 char ID? Is it simply a string prefix match or do we need to use some more complicated logic?

• June 01, 2004

I am having trouble setting a Currency (8,2) field to 0. Doing a

setMyCurrencyField__c(new Double(0));

sSeems to have no effect, ie. the field is left at its previous value after an update.

• April 27, 2004