• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to have a couple of custom scontrols written using the AJAX toolkit capabilities. Baisicly what I need is one custom link in an Opportunity that will copy the line items from the opportunity and add them as Assets on the Account. Then I need to have a link on the Account that will create a new Opportunity and copy all the existing Assets from the Account and add them as line items to the new Opportunity. There are a few additional details to the business case but at a high level this is what I am trying to acheive. If there is anyone interested in tackling a small job like that please contact me at jmeurer@tririga.com
I have a big pivot table that I developed using the Office edition Excel integration. I want to distribute the table as an sControl via a web tab so that users all access the same file instead of individual versions on each machine. I have the web tab working to display the table and allow users to interact with it, but I can't update the Salesforce data. From within the web tab the external data toolbar is available, but I don't seem to be able to log in to the office edition api so the refresh data action fails. Any one have ideas on how I might work this out?

Does anyone know of a best practice for locking down an opportunity after it is closed won? We want to prevent our sales people from changing the amount or name of the opportunity. Security suggests that I change the record owner but that will mess up our reports. I also thought about using record types and creating a read only page layout but it does not appear that I can make all of the fields read only.

My best idea right now is to create an sforce control that would change the record type and write the opportunity name and amount to a text field on the opportunity. Then display a page layout with that text field as read only and no other fields. Sounds like a lot steps. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric