• 30 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Trish Perkins at FaithAction International House here, running the Nonprofit (Enterprise) Edition of SF.

I'd like to use the Excel Connector with my sandbox just to play with bulk data upload in the latest version of organizations (accounts) and contacts and converting leads to contacts. 

I put "test" before salesforce in the url. 

I logged in with my username and password. Nope. I added my security token. Nope. I tried backing out to start over and now I'm getting a whole rash of error messages. Could somebody just walk me through getting IN? 

Trish Perkins

pperkins@faihouse.org

336-379-0037

Hello,

I need to figure out how to adjust my wsdl2apex generated class, or my apex code, so that I can interact with a web service that returns an array of anyType objects.

The wsdl2apex converter didn't like the occurrence of anyType, as a type in the WSDL file. So just to get the WSDL imported, I changed xnyType to "XAnyType", which allowed me to proceed with the import and generate the class.

No when I try to access that webservice, I get an error message that says the following

Code:
20081007014451.061:Class.EDY2007.GetCompanyDetails_Controller.getAccountDetail: 
line 57, column 13: **getAccountDetail(): GetCompanyInfo() Failed:
System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout
response. Apex type not found for element
http://<URL deleted>/.../Company/GetCompanyInfo=anyType

Here is the relevant parts of the WSDL for the web services response:
Code:
<s:complexType name="ArrayOfAnyType">
        <s:sequence>
          <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="anyType" nillable="true"/>
        </s:sequence>
      </s:complexType>

<s:element name="GetCompanyInfoResponse">
  <s:complexType> <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="GetCompanyInfoResult"
type="tns:ArrayOfAnyType"/>
</s:sequence>
</s:complexType>
</s:element>

<wsdl:message name="GetCompanyInfoSoapOut">
<wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:GetCompanyInfoResponse"/>
</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:portType name="GetCompanyInfoSoap">
<wsdl:operation name="GetCompanyInfo">
<wsdl:input message="tns:GetCompanyInfoSoapIn"/>
<wsdl:output message="tns:GetCompanyInfoSoapOut"/>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>

I imagine I can create a new class in my Apex Classes so i can handle anyType records...
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Erik

I am a bit of a newbie with asynchronous calls, and I am having a problem with my code.

Background:
I have a for loop within a for loop.
For each account that is returned in the first loop, I query its opportunities, and want to set a field on those child opps.

Problem:
The problem is that the code seems to only do the update on opps for the last account in the set of accounts. It seems as though each async call is aborting the one before it.

Can someone suggest a fix (don't use asynch calls for this purpose?, or am I doing it wrong?).

pseudocode is below:

for each ID in accountArray[]
{
    apex.query("select all opps where acct ID = 'ID' ",

new AsyncResponder( function saveChildOpptyQueryResult(result : Object):void

{

for each oppty in result
             {

set field in oppty updOpp

apex.update([updOpp], new AsyncResponder(updResult,genericFault ));

}  //end oppty for loop
         }  // end saveChildOpptyQueryResult()

,genericFault() //this is the fault handling function of the asynch call
} //end account for loop

Hello,

I can't figure out if this issue is with the salesforce API in Flex, or with Flex. Looking for any help.
I am a bit of a newbie with asynchronous calls, so in the end it could come down to me doing something completely wrong. Here goes:

For each account that is returned in the first loop, I query its opportunities, and want to set a field on those child opps.

for all accounts

Hello,

I can't figure out if this issue is with the salesforce API in Flex, or with Flex. Looking for any help.
I am a bit of a newbie with asynchronous calls, so in the end it could come down to me doing something completely wrong. Here goes:

for all accounts

Here is a tip for newbies like me, to get the sforce sample to run:

Once I had JBuilder setup, and I tried to compile the Java sample, I kept getting errors like:

- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.xml.rpc does not exist at line X

- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/discovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton

- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/soap/SOAPException

...and 2 to 3 others.

To fix this I had to add a couple libraries to JBuilder:

Tools->Configure Libraries

Add a new folder under User Home, called Axis

Add the following library paths to that folder:

• [<apache home>/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/jaxrpc.jar]
  • [<apache home>/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/axis.jar]
  • [<apache home>/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar]
  • [<apache home>/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar]
  • [<apache home>/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/saaj.jar]

This should enable your project to run without errors

Is there a better way to do this?

Also, make sure you read the sforce Release Notes that are installed in the sforce folder under Start->Programs->salesforce.com..., next to the sforce sample. There is ket setup info there.

Erik

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience/example code with setting a sites page to function as a listener/handler for an http POST?  

Thanks! 

Trish Perkins at FaithAction International House here, running the Nonprofit (Enterprise) Edition of SF.

I'd like to use the Excel Connector with my sandbox just to play with bulk data upload in the latest version of organizations (accounts) and contacts and converting leads to contacts. 

I put "test" before salesforce in the url. 

I logged in with my username and password. Nope. I added my security token. Nope. I tried backing out to start over and now I'm getting a whole rash of error messages. Could somebody just walk me through getting IN? 

Trish Perkins

pperkins@faihouse.org

336-379-0037

I have a custom look up field on my lead form that the Excel Connector wizard doesn't list. Does anyone know how I can update this field?
  • August 12, 2009

Hello, I receive an error message when I am looking of a SF ID...

Error Generated by Request:

EU_MasterData_c; Hardware_c........

Error at Row, Column:374

duplicated field selected: Industry

Exception Code: 5077

Never had any problems until last week....

Please help!

Hello,

Installed the Excel Connector.  Worked for the first day.  Next day, I open Excel and recieve this message:

Compile Error in hidden module: AutoExec

I clicked OK and the message cleared out.  But when I try to launch the Connector:

Compile error in hidden module:  CSession.

Thanks

Hi Forum members,

I am trying to send emails via Messaging.MassEmailMessage in Apex trigger.

I am not able to save the trigger

Code i used for that is
/////////////////////////////////////
trigger mytrigger on Account (after update)
{
    if (Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isUpdate)
    {

String[] toAddresses = new String[]{'xyz@abc.com', 'ijk@abc.com'};
           Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();
            mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();
            mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
            mail.setPlainTextBody(' test mails ');
            mail.setSenderDisplayName('ABCD corp') ;
            Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.MassEmailMessage[] {mail});

}
}
/////////////////////////////////////

now i am not able to save this cause,i think i am missing something in this cause mail object of Messaging.MassEmailMessage  is not recognizing "setToAddresses"  method and other methods

Please advice the right way to use this for massmailing
My requirement is to post emailbody to various contacts

Thanks
Nikhil

Message Edited by Nikhil on 10-22-2008 12:36 AM
  • October 22, 2008
Hi I'm using the Flex toolkit for a flex application. I have everything working when i run the project locally but once i put it on a web server and try to access it from the server url, the connection to http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0 fails. Can anyone please help me solve this please?

Thank you very much.
  • August 13, 2007
Hello,

Has anyone out there integrated salesforce.com, and their "bug tracking and QA app" on the appexchange, into a mainstream QA tool, like Mercury Quality Center?

Thanks!
Erik
I am a bit of a newbie with asynchronous calls, and I am having a problem with my code.

Background:

Problem:
The problem is that the code seems to only do the update on opps for the last account in the set of accounts. It seems as though each async call is aborting the one before it.

Can someone suggest a fix (don't use asynch calls for this purpose?, or am I doing it wrong?).

pseudocode is below:

for each ID in accountArray[]
{
    apex.query("select all opps where acct ID = 'ID' ",

new AsyncResponder( function saveChildOpptyQueryResult(result : Object):void

{

for each oppty in result
             {

set field in oppty updOpp

apex.update([updOpp], new AsyncResponder(updResult,genericFault ));

}  //end oppty for loop
         }  // end saveChildOpptyQueryResult()

,genericFault() //this is the fault handling function of the asynch call
} //end account for loop

Hello,

for all accounts

Hello,

for all accounts

Is this possible to create a wil that opens a file in a specific location(example a JPG?) and how would be the syntax for that ?

Also I am trying to open it using the hyperlink function using the file://c:/file.ext but it doesnt work.

As always I appreciate all the help on this issue.

Regards
TRF
Hi,
I need to implement version control in attached 'Documents'. Do we have any APIs that allow me implement following functionality?

- Check-in a document
- Check0out a document
- Version a document

Any help here would be grealy appreciated,
:)
Hi,
I am building a bunch of custom objects in my application, however I am unable to use the fields in those custom objects for following:

- Searching
- Setting up Workflow rules
- Reporting

Can anybody help me here?

Thanks in advance

:)

Does anyone have some ColdFusion MX sample code for integration with SF APIs?

Specifically for  API Version 2.5: Initial login, setting session headers and subsequent data updates.

I've seen several postings related to this topic but no conclusion was ever presented.

Much appreciated!

I'm porting to the new partner API, using Java and Axis 1.1.  Things were going fine then I started hitting the exception listed below.  I went back and ran a simple global describe script that was working earlier in the day and got the same exception.  Is is possible that something has changed with the server side certificates?  I would not expect a certificate to work and then stop working a few minutes later...

Actually, this traceback is from API version 2.0, but the 2.5 traceback is nearly the same.  Both versions are now doing the same thing.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:131)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
        at salesforce.SalesforceConnectorBindingStub.login(SalesforceConnectorBindingStub.java:413)

Message Edited by SergeantAgni on 01-07-2004 04:45 PM