• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Guys,

We have a profile for our users that have them the ability to create new contacts in salesforce. We also have them the ability to outlook sync meetings from Salesforce TO Outlook. But sometimes, they mess with sf outlook sync tool settingsin outlook  and accidently create  contacts into salesforce This creates data inegrity issues for us. Is there anyway we can stop this from happening from an admitrative perspective?  We want them to still be able to create contacts through salesforce contact tab but not be able to create contacts from outlook at all---not even give them the option to do so. If not is there a flag that that we can check in salesforec that says a contact was created from outlook sync that we can delet on daily basis

Thanks,

Brian
  • October 11, 2007
Hello,

I have been working several hours trying to get this executed and can not get it to work.  I have downloaded the candidate object from the app exchange into Salesforce.  I created a lookup for contact so that when the new candiate button is clicked from the contact section, it brings over the contact name. However, I created a 2nd field for accounts with a lookup datatype.  When I create a new candiate from the contacts, it should automatically tie the contact AND the account associated with that contact(similar to how opportunties work). After a new candiate is created, I should see both company and contact on the candiate page in which I can reference back and forth to contact and account tabs. II tried creating an        s-control to override the new button for candiates but can not get to work. Need some help. Thank you

<script>
var accountName = "{!Account.Name}"
var contactName = "{!Contact.FirstName&" "&Contact.LastName}"
var contactId = "{!Contact.Id}"
window.top.location.href="/a0M/e?00N60000001Nv1L="+accountName+"&CF00N60000001NTUU="+contactName+ "&CF00N60000001NTUU_lkid="+contactId+"&nooverride=1"
</script>
  • October 08, 2007
I am using the Candidate object.  So when I create a new Candidate from the Contacts, can we bring over the contact.email and contact.address fields automatically? Can this be done through a lookup data type?

• June 28, 2007
Ok. So i ahve figured how to track last modeified date of a particular object but is there anyway I can track the last modified date of when the primary contact in the contact role section has been changed?  I would like to create a report that show all primary contact roles that have been updated and the new value. Is this possible ?
  • June 26, 2007
Is there a way to track last modified date of a particular field rather than object? Fotr example, if Accout.name was changed could we track when this field was last updated?
  • June 25, 2007
Hey guys,
Here's what we're trying to do:

Query and send 9 tables from SF backend using the dataloader. This will need to be a nightly job for 9 different tables :user, account, contact, opportunity, opportunitylineitem,opportunitycontactrole, pricebook2, pricebookentry, product2.

If we have a link or url where these 9 tables can be uploaded, how do i do this? I know there is a command line interface but we are not familiar with using a cmd line interface. Our backend is an Oracle 9i and 11i app for our ERP ebusiness suite of modules. There 9 tables will ultimatelty be loaded into production. Please help! we're stuck!

Thanks again,

B
  • July 20, 2006
Has there been someprobloems with the toolkit? We can't seem to pull any data from it. We keep getting an index error. We have used re-used the same queries. Please help this urgent
  • January 10, 2006
Has there been any problems since the new release. I have been unable to run some queries succesffuly.
  • January 09, 2006
Is there a reason why there isn't a 2nd address field in sf? Currently we are using the address field which also contains the suite or apt number for that street. Is there a reason y this was not developed? We are experience some difficulty spearating the address fields
  • December 28, 2005
How can you upload a empty value(blank) picklist using the data loader. I tried using the empty cell and using the word "none" but doesn't work.
  • November 10, 2005
Hello,
If we are using the products tab can we query the same data from the product.id table rather than the product2.id table? I ask since it is easier to query the product.id without using nested joins.

Thanks guys
  • September 22, 2005
I have a couple of questions

1. How can I view and mod the dataloader code. I am a vb developer and I heard the data loader was written in java. Is there a vb edition?

2. If i can modify the code, is there anywway we could run a schedule task to exports certain tables to an ftp url nightly? Also, the files that are being uploaded need to be modified as well. For example, the phycial_zip_code in the account table will need to have a (') inserted in front of each zip code. Another example would be elliminate all carragie returns in the address field cells with a space ( " ") . How can this be done? Any sugeestions or helpful code?

Thanks Guys
  • September 19, 2005
I have a couple of questions

1. How can I view and mod the dataloader code. I am a vb developer and I heard the data loader was written in java. Is there a vb edition?

2. If i can modify the code, is there anywway we could run a schedule task to exports certain tables to an ftp url nightly? Also, the files that are being uploaded need to be modified as well. For example, the phycial_zip_code in the account table will need to have a (') inserted in front of each zip code. Another example would be elliminate all carragie returns in the address field cells with a space ( " ") . How can this be done? Any sugeestions or helpful code?
  • September 19, 2005
Hey guys.
I went to the link
http://www.crmsuccess.com/browse/feature_detail.jsp?id=00630000002jhTeAAI&flid=02n3000000004bYAAQ

This is a great interactive explanation on how to setup google maps in salesforce.com
However, once this is implemented, how do this specific fucntion??

When a meeting is scheduled, a link is provided in the events page that will give the user the link for the google maps driving direction for that company or contact's address of which the sales rep has a meeting with. This process needs to be automated when an event meeting is scheduled for a client. This way our sales reps don't have to go to mapquest and copy and paste driving directions.

Thanks Guys
  • August 03, 2005
How do i update fields that have blank values? I tried doing a black cell but doesn't update the data .
  • July 25, 2005
Hey guys,
I went to the sforce blog and downloaded the sample code for the sforce google maps functionality. However, how can i implement this so that when i login salesforce i can see the maps view. What i really want to do is that when our sales rep have schedule meetings, there is a link provided for them so it gives them directions from that contact's address so they don't have to manually go into mapquest every single time.
  • July 14, 2005
I installed correctly and see the sforce floating bar. When i perform an soql query like select, id, name from account it pulls all records. When i want to do an insert, dlete or update it gives me this error:
what am i doing wrong??

"No Table name found near $B#$13
This could not guess table in query, update, delete or insert row command requires a valid Salesforce.com table name in the selected cell"
  • July 01, 2005
Hey guys,
how do i update data in salesforce via the tookit? Right now, I am only pulling information. Also, I would like to incorporate an "if then condition" as far as when to update data. example would be, field is blank then update with "x"

thanks and regards,
  • June 28, 2005
Im having some problems getting nested queries. Is there anyway I can do this via the office toolkit? how can i get this done in 1 statment using the office_toolkit api. For example, how can i get contact.firstname, and contact.lastname and account.name on one sheet by creating a relationship to accounts and contact table. how can i do a joing so that account.contactid = contact.id

is there anyway soql can support this?

thanks guys

bk
  • June 23, 2005
Is it possible to connect to salesforce through sql serve and manage are data on a real time basis as we were to use toolkits from sforce? If so, how and what would we need?
  • May 11, 2005
Hello,

I have been working several hours trying to get this executed and can not get it to work.  I have downloaded the candidate object from the app exchange into Salesforce.  I created a lookup for contact so that when the new candiate button is clicked from the contact section, it brings over the contact name. However, I created a 2nd field for accounts with a lookup datatype.  When I create a new candiate from the contacts, it should automatically tie the contact AND the account associated with that contact(similar to how opportunties work). After a new candiate is created, I should see both company and contact on the candiate page in which I can reference back and forth to contact and account tabs. II tried creating an        s-control to override the new button for candiates but can not get to work. Need some help. Thank you

<script>
var accountName = "{!Account.Name}"
var contactName = "{!Contact.FirstName&" "&Contact.LastName}"
var contactId = "{!Contact.Id}"
window.top.location.href="/a0M/e?00N60000001Nv1L="+accountName+"&CF00N60000001NTUU="+contactName+ "&CF00N60000001NTUU_lkid="+contactId+"&nooverride=1"
</script>
  • October 08, 2007
I am using the Candidate object.  So when I create a new Candidate from the Contacts, can we bring over the contact.email and contact.address fields automatically? Can this be done through a lookup data type?

• June 28, 2007
Is there a way to track last modified date of a particular field rather than object? Fotr example, if Accout.name was changed could we track when this field was last updated?
  • June 25, 2007
Has there been someprobloems with the toolkit? We can't seem to pull any data from it. We keep getting an index error. We have used re-used the same queries. Please help this urgent
  • January 10, 2006
Hello,
If we are using the products tab can we query the same data from the product.id table rather than the product2.id table? I ask since it is easier to query the product.id without using nested joins.

Thanks guys
  • September 22, 2005
Hey guys,
I went to the sforce blog and downloaded the sample code for the sforce google maps functionality. However, how can i implement this so that when i login salesforce i can see the maps view. What i really want to do is that when our sales rep have schedule meetings, there is a link provided for them so it gives them directions from that contact's address so they don't have to manually go into mapquest every single time.
  • July 14, 2005
Im having some problems getting nested queries. Is there anyway I can do this via the office toolkit? how can i get this done in 1 statment using the office_toolkit api. For example, how can i get contact.firstname, and contact.lastname and account.name on one sheet by creating a relationship to accounts and contact table. how can i do a joing so that account.contactid = contact.id

is there anyway soql can support this?

thanks guys

bk
  • June 23, 2005
Is it possible to connect to salesforce through sql serve and manage are data on a real time basis as we were to use toolkits from sforce? If so, how and what would we need?
  • May 11, 2005

hey ron,

it worked! thank you so much. I have another question

im am trying to create a macro to upload a spreadsheet to an ftp site with a login nad password. I basically recorded a macro of saving to an ftp site that prompted me with a login and password. I also want the macro to not ask me what my login and password is everytime i run the macro. I jsut want it to upload as soon as i Run it. It did do the job while i was creating the macro but when i ran the macro after i created it, it didn't upload the file and gave me an error. Here is my code and my error. Any thoughts??

Run-time error '1004:'
Method 'Saveas' of object '_Workbook' Failed

Sub FTPupload()

Application.WindowState = xlMinimized
ChDir "C:\b_formats"
[COLOR=Yellow] ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="ftp://myftp.com/account.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub
[/COLOR]

• December 06, 2004

hey guys,

im am currently automating the office toolkit soql query disaply results and im almost done except for one minor problem.

if you scroll to the bottom i modfied this part of the code

startRow = 12
    startCol = A
    endRow = 12
    endCol = A

PROBLEM: When dataset populates the spreadsheet, it doesn't include accountnumber from this soql

It only starts at accountstatus__c . What values do i place in startrow,startcol,end rowm end col to get the fields everytime in same order? I can do this manually by selecting row 12. Howver, the whole point is to automate .

code:

Thank you

select AccountNumber, AccountStatus__c, Annual_Revenue__c, BillingCity, BillingCountry, BillingPostalCode, BillingState, BillingStreet, CreatedById, CreatedDate, CurrentPrimaryChallenge__c, Description, DLC_territory__c, External_Auditor__c, Fax, Id, Industry, Industry_2__c, Industry_3__c, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, Name, OwnerId, Ownership, ParentId, Phone, Physical_City__c, Physical_Country__c, Physical_State__c, Physical_Street__c, Physical_Zip_Postal_Code__c, SystemModstamp, TickerSymbol, Type, Website from account

Private Sub DisplayQueryResultSet(ByVal qrs As QueryResultSet, ByVal PromptForDestination As Boolean, ByRef fieldNames() As String)

Dim r As Range
    Dim startRow As Integer
    Dim startCol As Integer
    Dim endRow As Integer
    Dim endCol As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim sobj As sobject
    Dim fld As Field
    Dim soql As String

On Error Resume Next
    If PromptForDestination Then
     '   Set r = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Select the destination cell for your data.", Type:=8)
    'Else
        Set r = Application.ActiveCell
    End If

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        Debug.Print Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
        Exit Sub
    End If

If r.Row < 12 Then
        MsgBox "Please select a cell below row 11.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Bad Destination Selection"
        Exit Sub
    End If

startRow = 12
    startCol = A
    endRow = 12
    endCol = A

soql = Range("soql").Value

r.Worksheet.Names("query").RefersToRange.ClearContents
    FormatData r.Worksheet.Names("query").RefersToRange

fieldNames = GetSOQLFieldList(soql)

endCol = startCol + UBound(fieldNames)

For i = LBound(fieldNames) To UBound(fieldNames)
        r.Worksheet.Cells(endRow, startCol + i) = fieldNames(i)
    Next

endRow = endRow + 1

For Each sobj In qrs
        For i = LBound(fieldNames) To UBound(fieldNames)
            Set fld = sobj.Item(fieldNames(i))
            r.Worksheet.Cells(endRow, startCol + i) = fld.Value
        Next
        endRow = endRow + 1
    Next
    endRow = endRow - 1

AddDataRange r.Worksheet, startRow, endRow, startCol, endCol

FormatHeader r.Worksheet.Range(r.Worksheet.Cells(startRow, startCol), r.Worksheet.Cells(startRow, endCol))
    r.Worksheet.Cells(startRow + 1, startCol).Select

End Sub

Message Edited by BK on 12-03-2004 10:39 AM

• December 03, 2004

Hey guys,

how do you rename a field name header with soql? what is the syntax? i can't seem to find it in the api doc.

example in sql would be

select mailingstreet as [street] from contact;

thanks guys

• November 17, 2004
hey guys, this
particular macro does a find and replace but how do i do it so it runs the macro until it reaches the last record of the column? Right now it only does sepcified records in the column but the dataset changes everysay so i need to run it until it reaches eod of last record.
Range("E8:E16").Select
Selection.Replace What:= null, Replacement:="none" LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
  • November 15, 2004

Hello,

After running the sosql query for 9 tables, contact, account, product2, etc.. I will need to save the files as a tab delimited. How can I save this without losing any information? Is there a toolkit I can dowload for this. It seems like the only way I can save without losing any data is by saving as a .xls. 

Thank you

• November 03, 2004

Hi, im trying to update records directly through the office toolkit. I am able to query records with SOQL but everytime I click "Update" i get the error foghorn_test.xls could not be found. If I need to remap the update button who do i do this?? thanks guys

BK

• October 09, 2004