• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Using java 1.4.2_03 and the 5.0 Partner API.
I'm trying to execute a query on event subjects using SOQL. The query string is

"select Subject, ActivityDate, ActivityDateTime, Id from event where Subject = 'Technology, Media /& Telecommunications'"

I've tried several permutations of this query and they either fail, time out, or don't return any results.

Does anyone know how to make this query work? (Unfortunately, SOSL is not an option for me.)
This is a problem from a while ago that I wanted to clarify and hopefully get some help with. I have a client with 60,000 contact records in their Salesforce account. I'm running a query to grab the contacts 800 at a time due to the 10,000 character limit on queries. It works great until right around the two hour mark.

At first I was getting invalid session id errors, which I fixed by logging in again. The problem then becomes that the query locator goes bad not to long afterwards.

Is there a way to refresh a query locator before it goes bad, or is there some other workaround for this?
I'm using the parner API and the 1.4.2_03 jdk. The following query:

select Id, Name from Account where Name = 'Chiquita Brands Int\'l, Inc.'

gives me the following error:

MALFORMED_QUERY: malformed query: unexpected token: l
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:308)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)

Have I not escaped this apostrophe properly?

I have more stack trace if that is needed.

Thanks, Nikki
Using java 1.4.2_03 and the 5.0 Partner API.
I'm trying to execute a query on event subjects using SOQL. The query string is

"select Subject, ActivityDate, ActivityDateTime, Id from event where Subject = 'Technology, Media /& Telecommunications'"

I've tried several permutations of this query and they either fail, time out, or don't return any results.

Does anyone know how to make this query work? (Unfortunately, SOSL is not an option for me.)
This is a problem from a while ago that I wanted to clarify and hopefully get some help with. I have a client with 60,000 contact records in their Salesforce account. I'm running a query to grab the contacts 800 at a time due to the 10,000 character limit on queries. It works great until right around the two hour mark.

At first I was getting invalid session id errors, which I fixed by logging in again. The problem then becomes that the query locator goes bad not to long afterwards.

Is there a way to refresh a query locator before it goes bad, or is there some other workaround for this?
I'm using the parner API and the 1.4.2_03 jdk. The following query:

select Id, Name from Account where Name = 'Chiquita Brands Int\'l, Inc.'

gives me the following error:

MALFORMED_QUERY: malformed query: unexpected token: l
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:308)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)

Have I not escaped this apostrophe properly?

I have more stack trace if that is needed.

Thanks, Nikki
After some setup the following line throws an AxisFault that is really a java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset exception:

DescribeSObjectResult dr = binding.describeSObject("Account");

The same code works fine with other entities, Contact and Case to be exact. Is there something extra that needs to be done to describe the account entity? Oh, using Salesforce 3.0 API with java1.4.2_03