• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a few clients who are receiving an error code 12031 from the API when trying to retrieve Opportunities. I know the issue isn't really related to the salesforce API, but is referring to a connection reset issue (I tested their opportunities on my machine using their login, and it worked fine, so I know it's nothing data related).

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem, and if so, discovered any workaround for it? I'm fairly sure it's a network/firewall configuration issue, but I don't know enough about those things to give any meaningful advice. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg Eland
I am trying to setup a few custom fields (formula date fields, to be exact), which are to correspond to the dates that an opportunity passes into certain Stages for the first time.

Basically, I'd like to have date field #1 populate with today's date when the Opportunity Stage is set to #1, then set date field #2 when Stage goes to #2, etc. I'm using the ISPICKLIST function to determine when the stage matches, and that part works fine. For example:

My formula for the first date field is:
IF(ISPICKVAL( {!StageName}, "Proposal/Price Quote"), Now(), {!CreatedDate} )

My formula for the second:
IF(ISPICKVAL( {!StageName}, "Waiting for Paperwork"), Now(), {!CreatedDate} )

As you can see, the problem will be that when the opportunity moves from Proposal to Paperwork, then my Proposal Date will be wiped out & replaced with something else (Opportunity Create Date, in this case)

I think all I need is some way to have it leave the existing data in that formula field alone if it returns false, instead of forcing a new value with the ELSE part... Is there a way to do this? Can I just leave the ELSE part out, or something that has the same effect?

Help appreciated!
Greg
I am trying to setup a few custom fields (formula date fields, to be exact), which are to correspond to the dates that an opportunity passes into certain Stages for the first time.

Basically, I'd like to have date field #1 populate with today's date when the Opportunity Stage is set to #1, then set date field #2 when Stage goes to #2, etc. I'm using the ISPICKLIST function to determine when the stage matches, and that part works fine. For example:

My formula for the first date field is:
IF(ISPICKVAL( {!StageName}, "Proposal/Price Quote"), Now(), {!CreatedDate} )

My formula for the second:
IF(ISPICKVAL( {!StageName}, "Waiting for Paperwork"), Now(), {!CreatedDate} )

As you can see, the problem will be that when the opportunity moves from Proposal to Paperwork, then my Proposal Date will be wiped out & replaced with something else (Opportunity Create Date, in this case)

I think all I need is some way to have it leave the existing data in that formula field alone if it returns false, instead of forcing a new value with the ELSE part... Is there a way to do this? Can I just leave the ELSE part out, or something that has the same effect?

Help appreciated!
Greg

The documentation mentions that you need to have a user-agent HTTP header for Partner solutions and also a "client name" argument for each call to salesforce.com.  How do I get one and also are there any samples of valid SOAP requests that incorporate these values?

Are these values necessary for just basic testing?

• August 01, 2003