• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to build an SControl out of JavaScript, using the COM Toolkit to implement it.

I'm struggling ... probably not too surprisingly ... learning SControl's functions, expanding my novice level knowledge of JavaScript, searching for how to interface JavaScript to the Toolkit DLL, and working without documentation of the COM toolkit.

Thus ... if anyone has one or more portions of this working, I'd be forever grateful for a helping hand.

My goal, for what it is worth, seems simple: from an opportunity, run script which performs inter-field data integrity checks, informs the user of any problems, and updates a status flag in the opportunity.

Thanks,

Scot

• August 16, 2004

I wuold like to know if you can use sForce Controls to Look Up data in an outside Salesforce table and then use that data to update a Salesforce.com field in the actually open record/objet field/attribute.

For Example : if I use a FedEx tracking number that it is stored in a custom field called FEDEX TRACKING of the OPPORTUNITY object, and I found the LOCATION where the package is located at that time. Can I store the result back in a CUSTOM field that I called LAST LOCATION ???

What wuold be the best strategy / technique to do it ?

I will apreciate anybodys comments / help with this question.

Marcelo