• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can invite attendees to an event via the API?  According to the documentation, the EventAttendee object is read-only.

Thanks.
  • November 02, 2007
I've been struggling for days trying to find a SIMPLE example on how to build an outbound message listener using VB.Net.  Is there an example out there that is essentially a copy and paste?
  • October 05, 2007
Many of my offline users recently upgraded to version 2 of the Offline Edition and complain that the Billing City is no longer displayed in the All Accounts view.  After some investigation, I discovered that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\salesforce.com\Offline2\program\Offline2\config\accountqueries.xml" appears to have a bug in it.  The Billing City is in fact listed as a field for the view, but it does not have all the parameters set like the other fields that are displayed.

In the original file, the section for the All Accounts view looks like this:

<table scope="all" alias="account" entity="account" type="master">
   <column alias="account.id" name="id"/>
   <column alias="account.name" name="name" displayindex="0" linktarget="account.id" columnlabel="Account Name"/>
   <column alias="account.site" name="site" displayindex="1" columnlabel="Account Site"/>
   <column alias="account.billingcity" name="billingcity"/>
   <column alias="account.billingstate" name="billingstate" displayindex="2" columnlabel="Billing State/Province"/>
   <column alias="account.phone" name="phone" displayindex="3" columnlabel="Phone"/>
   <column alias="account.type" name="type" displayindex="4" columnlabel="Type"/>
   <column alias="account.ownerid" name="ownerid"/>
   <column alias="account.createddate" name="createddate"/>
  </table>

Notice that the line for billingcity does not have a displayindex or column label.  As a test, I modified the line for the billingcity as follows and now it displays in the Offline Edition:

<table scope="all" alias="account" entity="account" type="master">
   <column alias="account.id" name="id"/>
   <column alias="account.name" name="name" displayindex="0" linktarget="account.id" columnlabel="Account Name"/>
   <column alias="account.site" name="site" displayindex="1" columnlabel="Account Site"/>
   <column alias="account.billingcity" name="billingcity" displayindex="2" columnlabel="Billing City"/>
   <column alias="account.billingstate" name="billingstate" displayindex="3" columnlabel="Billing State/Province"/>
   <column alias="account.phone" name="phone" displayindex="4" columnlabel="Phone"/>
   <column alias="account.type" name="type" displayindex="5" columnlabel="Type"/>
   <column alias="account.ownerid" name="ownerid"/>
   <column alias="account.createddate" name="createddate"/>
  </table>

Has anyone else dealt with this issue in the past?  Is this a solution I can distribute to my users?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
  • September 07, 2006
I created a custom object with a lookup reference to the Account object, and then I built a series of reports against the new object. Later I thought I wanted the Account to be a master of the custom object, so I changed the relationship. Now when I attempted to run the reports created against the custom object, I get the dreaded "Report Obsolete" error. Is there an easy way to restore these reports, or must I manually re-create them?

Thanks.
  • February 14, 2006

I have a VB 6 application (not .NET) which writes data sfdc using the sforce Office Toolkit DLL.  The program hangs when I attempt to insert or update a record where the first character in a field is an ampersand (&.  I was able to duplicate the issue in the Excel connector, so I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the toolkit DLL.  It does not happen if the ampersand is any other position besides the first one.

Is there an escape character I can use, or a routine I can call, to properly encode this character so it doesn't hang up my program?

Here is an example of code that causes the program to hang:

-------------------------------------------------------

Note: VB 6 app has a reference to the sforceofficetoolkit v2.0, and a form with 3 command buttons (cmdOK, cmdSearch, cmdUpdate) and 8 textboxes (txtUserName, txtPassword, txtQueryName, txtName, txtBillingStreet, txtBillingCity, txtBillingState, txtBillingPostalCode).

The following is the code for the form:

Option Explicit

Dim oSFDC As New SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SForceSession

Dim qs As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.QueryResultSet

Dim oItem As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SObject

Dim sSQL As String

Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
    If oSFDC.Login(Me.txtUserName.Text, Me.txtPassword.Text, False) Then

MsgBox "Login successful"

Else

MsgBox "Login failed"

End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()

oSFDC.Login Me.txtUserName.Text, Me.txtPassword.Text, False

sSQL = "Select Id, Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, BillingPostalCode from Account where name = '" & Me.txtQueryName.Text & "'"

Set qs = oSFDC.Query(sSQL, False)

If qs.Size = 0 Then

MsgBox "No data found for search criteria."

End If

For Each oItem In qs

Me.txtName.Text = oItem("Name").Value

Me.txtBillingStreet.Text = oItem("BillingStreet").Value

Me.txtBillingCity.Text = oItem("BillingCity").Value

Me.txtBillingState.Text = oItem("BillingState").Value

Me.txtBillingPostalCode.Text = oItem("BillingPostalCode").Value

Exit For

Next oItem End Sub

Private Sub cmdUpdate_Click()

If Not oItem Is Nothing Then

oItem("Name").Value = Me.txtName.Text

oItem("BillingStreet").Value = Me.txtBillingStreet.Text

oItem("BillingCity").Value = Me.txtBillingCity.Text

oItem("BillingState").Value = Me.txtBillingState.Text

oItem("BillingPostalCode").Value = Me.txtBillingPostalCode.Text

' *** The program hanges when the .Update routine is executed against the item ***

oItem.Update

End If

End Sub

• April 21, 2005

Looking at the methods available in the Toolkit, I see there is a login method which requires a username and password.  Is there a way to login using a SessionID?

• August 30, 2004

I am trying to deploy one class which has implemented Schedulable interface.

But when I try to deploy it using ANT I am getting the following error :

"Schedulable class has jobs pending or in progress".

I am waiting for this to get resolved since more than 48 hrs and it doesn't seem to resolve.

What can be done in such case? How to deploy it to production? I tried to deploy by making packages but could not since the components in the package already exist in production and gives an error when I unzip the package. Please suggest what can be done in this situation.

• March 26, 2010
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can invite attendees to an event via the API?  According to the documentation, the EventAttendee object is read-only.

Thanks.
  • November 02, 2007
I've been struggling for days trying to find a SIMPLE example on how to build an outbound message listener using VB.Net.  Is there an example out there that is essentially a copy and paste?
  • October 05, 2007
I created a custom object with a lookup reference to the Account object, and then I built a series of reports against the new object. Later I thought I wanted the Account to be a master of the custom object, so I changed the relationship. Now when I attempted to run the reports created against the custom object, I get the dreaded "Report Obsolete" error. Is there an easy way to restore these reports, or must I manually re-create them?

Thanks.
  • February 14, 2006

Hi All,

When a user updates their opportunity close date, it does not affect the schedule dates associated with a product when the product was created. So, if the user doesn't update the schedule dates, reports could show billing to start before the opportunity is projected to close or revenue now showing up in the wrong quarter/year.  A single opportunity can have multiple products and it is time consuming to update the individual schedule of every product associated with an opportunity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push out schedule dates based upon a change in close date.

Thanks.

Aiden

I have a VB 6 application (not .NET) which writes data sfdc using the sforce Office Toolkit DLL.  The program hangs when I attempt to insert or update a record where the first character in a field is an ampersand (&.  I was able to duplicate the issue in the Excel connector, so I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the toolkit DLL.  It does not happen if the ampersand is any other position besides the first one.

Is there an escape character I can use, or a routine I can call, to properly encode this character so it doesn't hang up my program?

Here is an example of code that causes the program to hang:

-------------------------------------------------------

Note: VB 6 app has a reference to the sforceofficetoolkit v2.0, and a form with 3 command buttons (cmdOK, cmdSearch, cmdUpdate) and 8 textboxes (txtUserName, txtPassword, txtQueryName, txtName, txtBillingStreet, txtBillingCity, txtBillingState, txtBillingPostalCode).

The following is the code for the form:

Option Explicit

Dim oSFDC As New SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SForceSession

Dim qs As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.QueryResultSet

Dim oItem As SForceOfficeToolkitLib.SObject

Dim sSQL As String

Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
    If oSFDC.Login(Me.txtUserName.Text, Me.txtPassword.Text, False) Then

MsgBox "Login successful"

Else

MsgBox "Login failed"

End If
End Sub

Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()

oSFDC.Login Me.txtUserName.Text, Me.txtPassword.Text, False

sSQL = "Select Id, Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, BillingPostalCode from Account where name = '" & Me.txtQueryName.Text & "'"

Set qs = oSFDC.Query(sSQL, False)

If qs.Size = 0 Then

MsgBox "No data found for search criteria."

End If

For Each oItem In qs

Me.txtName.Text = oItem("Name").Value

Me.txtBillingStreet.Text = oItem("BillingStreet").Value

Me.txtBillingCity.Text = oItem("BillingCity").Value

Me.txtBillingState.Text = oItem("BillingState").Value

Me.txtBillingPostalCode.Text = oItem("BillingPostalCode").Value

Exit For

Next oItem End Sub

Private Sub cmdUpdate_Click()

If Not oItem Is Nothing Then

oItem("Name").Value = Me.txtName.Text

oItem("BillingStreet").Value = Me.txtBillingStreet.Text

oItem("BillingCity").Value = Me.txtBillingCity.Text

oItem("BillingState").Value = Me.txtBillingState.Text

oItem("BillingPostalCode").Value = Me.txtBillingPostalCode.Text

' *** The program hanges when the .Update routine is executed against the item ***

oItem.Update

End If

End Sub

• April 21, 2005

Looking at the methods available in the Toolkit, I see there is a login method which requires a username and password.  Is there a way to login using a SessionID?

• August 30, 2004

We are trying to integrate our software with salesforce.

1) We want to popup a window  that displays salesforce account search dialog. The popup dialog should not ask for login. We want to pass the session id to the popup window.

2) After an account is found there should be "Apply" button on the account detail page. That apply button should submit a form to the opener window.

Is it possible to do these customization in salesforce?

Please consider the fact that our development is purely on Html and Javascript on the client side. So we cannot use sfcontrol ActiveX or Applet.

Thanks,

dd

Message Edited by ddatbig2 on 08-12-2004 04:39 PM

Hello all,

I ran a query on salesforce to acquire all accounts of a specific industry and attempted to save the results to a SQL Server DB table with a primary key constraint on "id". 

I get errors everytime I try to load these results. I took the primary key off and data loaded fine. However, when I ran some queries on the saved data it showed that id's where in the table twice.

Are there instances where an "id" maybe reused?

• September 24, 2003