• 40 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are new to salesforce and I'm trying to help our sales team get set up with Connect for Outlook. If we try to mark emails for sync, we get an error that says "The item you are trying to mark are not in a folder marked for syncronization." When I go to Tools>Salesforce options I've marked everything for sync, however there doesn't seem to be the same options available on the email tab. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks. 

Hi All,

I've posted this question before but thought I would try again.

Does anyone know of a way to write your validation rules on the parent level object so that changes to the child record do not trigger parent level validation?

I have validation rules on the Contracts object, but changes to a custom child object are triggering the Contracts validation rules and preventing users from creating new child records.  These are relatively new validation rules around new fields so I don't want them to prevent users from adding a child record to an older record. 

Basically, I'd like my validation rules to be triggered only when the parent object has been created or edited; not when child record is being created or edited.

Thanks.

Aiden

Hi,

Anyone know why the Mass Convertor (Lead to Contact) application from sfdc labs has been removed from the Appexchange and if it will be returned?

Also, when I try to use the convertor to convert Leads to Contacts I get an error because my campaign status values do not match the value in the convertor's Status picklist - "Accepted".  Does anyone know how I can update that picklist so the values match the member status values that I have for my campaigns?

Thanks in advance.

Aiden
Hi,
Is it possible to use Apex code to update Opportunity line item (and line item schedules) dates after an opportunity close date has been modified?  For example, when a close date has been moved out 30 days, I want the associated line item and line item schedule dates to be moved out 30 days.  Such a trigger would eliminate the common scenario that I now face: opps closing in 2008 but product revenue starting in 2007.

Would anyone have any code samples that would help me with this?  While I've played with VBA, Java based coding is completely new to me so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks.

Aiden
Hi All,

In our Contracts object, we have a Master Agreement recordtype and other recordtypes for the associated service schedules.  The service schedules link back to the Master by way of a Lookup field.  I'm trying to create an s-control (url) that will let my users create a service schedule from the Master record.  The s-control will create a new record but it won't pass the Master's contract id to the associated lookup field in the service schedules.  Would anybody be able to suggest how to correct the following?  Based on my reading of the html source, CF00N60000001IQhp is the lookup field id.

setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Contract&retURL=%2F{!Contract.Id}&save_new_url=%2F800%2Fe%3FretURL%3D%252F{!Contract.Id}%26accid%3D{!Contract.AccountId}&CF00N60000001IQhp_lkid={!Contract.Id}&CF00N60000001IQhp_lkold={!Contract.ContractNumber}

Thanks.

Aiden
Hi All,

Is it possible to reference a multi-select picklist in a formula?

Thanks.

Aiden
Hi All,

I've created an s-control that launches a form from the opportunity object that my users have to complete.  The form saves data back to the opportunity record.  However, there is a requirement that we are able to email the information in the form to a several people who are not salesforce.com users.  I would like to be able to initiate this email process from the form.  My question is: How can I expand my s-control to launch the sfdc email functionality, select a specific HTML email template and prepopulate the "Additional To" addressee field?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Aiden
Hi,

I've been having problems with my Outlook lately and have had to uninstall my Outlook Edition add-on.  Since then, my Excel Connector has not worked - I keep getting a "Can't Find Project or Library" error.  Is there a way to keep those library files around after I've uninstalled Outlook Edition so that the Excel Connector can still reference them?

Thanks

Aiden
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a javascript editor for a newbie?  I've dabbled in VB/VBA before but never javascript so I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Aiden

Hi all--

I have what seems to be a simple problem that I can't figure out.

I'm basically trying to include in our lead score formula a way to add on additional points for every CTA that a lead completes.

As it is now, our formula only takes into account the most recent call to action. For example, if a lead fills out a free trial - they would get 5 points. If they next filled out a demo, then the score would show 3 points. However, I want it to say 8 points.

The field that we use is called "CTA most recent" and it changes everytime a lead fills out a different form. Is there a way to say in the formula, "If 'CTA most recent' is changed to ___" add 3 points?

All help much appreciated!

Hoi

Hello,

Yesterday I installed "Connect for Office" on my computer. I managed to export some of our Salesforce reports to Excel, so everything was working fine.
Today I wanted to try it again and I noticed that the salesforce.com tab was no longer there on the Excel toolbar! In Word however, it is still there!

I already tried re-installing Connect for Office, without any success.. The salesforce.com tab just seems to have disappeared in excel..

Any idea what might be the reason for this? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am formula challenged and  am struggling with a formula that will calculate as follows:

IF the contract term in months is equal to or less than 12 then all of the product detail fields are added together.

BUT IF the contract term in months is greater than 12 then each of the product detail fields have to be / by 12 (to get the monthly amount) and then multiplied by the # of months. And then the set up fees added back in.

Here is what I have so far.  

IF( Term_of_Proposal_months__c  <= 12, Field1__c + Field2__c + Field3__c+Field4__c   , IF( Term_of_Proposal_months__c >12 , (Field1__c +  Field2__c +  Field3__c ) /12  *Term_of_Proposal_months__c+Field4_c ,))

Please help I am desperate

Thanks in advance

I have a serious issue concerning Outlook 2010. I have installed the Outlook 2010 general release believing that Sales Force would surely ensure that its interface release was ready with the general release of MS Office 2010. Oh well so much for that thought. Now I am confronted with attempting to synchronously manually manage data in the two systems. IMPOSSIBLE! There must be a solution??

So all of a sudden I can't use the Outlook toolbar - I get the "Failed to Login to SalesForce..." error. I've reset my token and appended it to my password but still it doesn't work. Any help appeciated!

Outlook 2007

Windows 7

We are new to salesforce and I'm trying to help our sales team get set up with Connect for Outlook. If we try to mark emails for sync, we get an error that says "The item you are trying to mark are not in a folder marked for syncronization." When I go to Tools>Salesforce options I've marked everything for sync, however there doesn't seem to be the same options available on the email tab. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks. 

Hi,

Anyone know of a reverse feature so I can export a single contact record to Outlook? A user wants an outlook business card for some users.

Thanks

Doug

Hi, I don't know why this is happening, but it keeps happening to me: the reports cannot be refreshed after some time.

Can I import multiple reports into one tab in excel? Can I build pivottable in the same tab the report is imported? Is this the reason I cannot refresh reports?
  • December 02, 2008
We sell services that have both a recurring charge and a one time charge.

I would like to be able to add a custom field to the pricebook entry table ( I think that is the right table)

Today, we use seperate price books and then our salesforce creates two opportunities, but this is a pain for the customer and the rep.

Any ideas?

//john
I apologize if this is a known response. Want to get the ID instead of the name or ideally both one column for each.

Connector returns on users queries the Profile ID as text name instead of SFDC ID. How do you use connector to get the ID. The ID is by far more useful. Same for other areas like this where a reference object is given.

Thank you
I have about 200,000 activities in Leads that I need to delete as we have reached storage capacity.

I am afraid of deleting the entire lead, not just the activity in the lead!

Can you please help, I have installed and run Excel Connector but not sure how to find and delete all the activities without deleting the actual leads.

Thanks
Louise
I would like to add a custom field from the Products object to the Opportunity Product object.  For example, for each product we specify a custom field call Product Family.  I would like to include that field in the product records listed in an Opportunity such that when I add/update an Opportunity Product item the correct Product Family value is displayed for the selected Product. 

So far, I've added a Product Family field to the Opportunity Product and I've setup a workflow rule to update the field on new/update of records.  To fill-in the value, I've tried to use ISPICK() and CASE() but I've reached a dead end.  Any help would be *much appreciated*.

Jeff
Can someone please assist me with a formula to block anyone except for the Sys. Admin to close out an Oppt. to a Win.
So far from everything I've read (been searching around for quite awhile now) you can't make a field dependency for text fields. The controlling field would still be a picklist ("Products") but the dependent field would be a text field called "Other". My company has 6 standard products we sell, but once in awhile something will be ordered that is different but a rare occasion (so it doesn't make sense to add it to the perminent list) - typically it's supplemental to the product we sell, like say a box of cable ties or something. Basically if they choose "other" from the product picklist, it will enable the "Other" text field to be filled in - else it disables the field.

Can this still be done or am I just S.O.L.? I'm kind of surprised that all fields are not allowed to be selected for the dependent field, really.
Hi,
Is it possible to use Apex code to update Opportunity line item (and line item schedules) dates after an opportunity close date has been modified?  For example, when a close date has been moved out 30 days, I want the associated line item and line item schedule dates to be moved out 30 days.  Such a trigger would eliminate the common scenario that I now face: opps closing in 2008 but product revenue starting in 2007.

Would anyone have any code samples that would help me with this?  While I've played with VBA, Java based coding is completely new to me so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks.

Aiden
I have an account with 8000+ contacts.  When the account is updated, a trigger fired and call a class method to update these 8000+ contacts.  I'm running into the 'Too many DML rows' problem.  Is it possible to do something like this with apex trigger?  Thank you.
How can I massively upload activity into salesforce using excel connector? For example, my company just sent out a direct mailing to a list of 400 contacts exported from salesforce, and I want to record this activity massively rather than having to manually record the 400 mailings under each individual (under activity history), which will take hours. Is there a way to do this?