• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The following code was provided to allow us to put a users' cases on their home page however we need it to list only "Open" cases.
Not beinga programmer was wondering if someone could update provide additional criteria of only open cases?

Code snippet in question.
var SearchString="Select Id, OwnerId,CreatedDate, Status, CaseNumber, Priority, Type from Case";
SearchString = SearchString + " Where OwnerId = '" + ThisUser + "'"

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
We currently send leads from one org to another using a custom link-  web-to-lead call (see below).
This, however only pushes the data out, leaving the custom link exposed to be pushed again on the same lead (read "duplicates").
To control we restrict use to admin(s) who, after each call, manually changes the record type to hide the link.
Can  it be set-up to both send the leads info out and then change the record type automatically.
Then the reps can send their own leads but only once.

Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated:

Need to confirm that alerts cannot currently be triggered by selection of specific products on an oppty., and if so, does any one have any work arounds or suggestions?

Thanks,
lpadmin
The following code was provided to allow us to put a users' cases on their home page however we need it to list only "Open" cases.
Not beinga programmer was wondering if someone could update provide additional criteria of only open cases?

Code snippet in question.
var SearchString="Select Id, OwnerId,CreatedDate, Status, CaseNumber, Priority, Type from Case";
SearchString = SearchString + " Where OwnerId = '" + ThisUser + "'"

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
I am trying to create an S-Control that updates the status of a Case to the value of the status of a bug which is a child custom object.  I get the error: Unexpected element {urn:partner.soap.sforce.com}done during simple type deserialization' when I click on the link to execute the S-Control. 

Here is my code:

Code:

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/js/dojo/0.4.1/dojo.js"></script>
<script> 
 dojo.addOnLoad(init);
function init() { 
 var callback = { 
 onSuccess : displayResult, 
 onFailure : displayError 
 };  
 var cnum = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Case__r.Id FROM SFDC_Bug__c WHERE Name = '{!SFDC_Bug__c.Name}'");    
 var bstatus = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Status__c FROM SFDC_Bug__c WHERE Name = '{!SFDC_Bug__c.Name}'");    
 var myObj = new sforce.SObject("Case");   
 myObj.Id = cnum;  
 myObj.Status = bstatus;   
 sforce.connection.update([myObj], callback);
} 

function displayResult(result) { 
 var it = new sforce.QueryResultIterator(result); 
 var html = []; 
 while(it.hasNext()) { 
 var record = it.next(); 
 if (record.Case__r) { 
 html.push("Case__r.Id = " + record.Case__r.Id + "Has Been Updated!" + "<br>"); 
 } 
 html.push("<hr>"); 
 html.push("<br>"); 
 } 
 document.getElementById("output-div").innerHTML = html.join("");
}
function displayError(error) { 
 document.getElementById("output-div").innerHTML = 
 "oops something went wrong ... " + error;
}

</script> 

</head>
<body> 
<div id="output-div"></div>
</body>
</html>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have a lead age formula that only counts business days and excludes the weekend?  It would be great if the formula also takes into consideration holidays.

thanks,
p
I've heard that Winter '07 allows to override the functionality of many buttons... including 'new', 'save', 'edit' buttons.  Once overridden, anytime that someone creates, saves, edits an object of that type (from the objects 'new', 'save', 'edit' button on it's tab) then customized code (script code) will be run.

Then how to do it and achieve that? Using snippet s-control?

Hi All, I'm sure this has probably been covered before but I can't find anything.  I would like to create a report/dashboard that shows annual % of quota for all reps.  As you know, the Customizeable Forecast reports only run % of quota monthly or quarterly.  I thought I could just create a new custom User formula for "annual quota", and then use a custom summary formula to calculate:

Sum of Won Opportunities / Annual Quota

but I can't get it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Salesforce has history tracking for many objects but nothing for accounts that I can tell. 

It sounds like Apex will be able to help us here but is it the best solution?  Are their other ways to do this?

Our current business problem is history tracking on the account level, there are several extremely important fields and we need to know:
-When they changed
-Who changed them
-What value was before change
-What value is after change

We could create a custom object called "Account History" that could store all the relevant info. Using APEX can we create one of these "Account History" objects each time an account is Created\Updated\Saved?

We are going through an audit and our auditors want a see a way to track... well almost everything!

Can I do it using Apex?  Or should I do it some other way?
We currently send leads from one org to another using a custom link-  web-to-lead call (see below).
This, however only pushes the data out, leaving the custom link exposed to be pushed again on the same lead (read "duplicates").
To control we restrict use to admin(s) who, after each call, manually changes the record type to hide the link.
Can  it be set-up to both send the leads info out and then change the record type automatically.
Then the reps can send their own leads but only once.

Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated:

Hello,

Looking to have my survey results from my website pushed to Salesforce.com (similar to web-to-lead but I have created a custom object for the survey results).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? If its possible to develop this on my own, it would be preferred over spending money on this.

Thank you,
Michael
  • September 28, 2006
Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006
Need to confirm that alerts cannot currently be triggered by selection of specific products on an oppty., and if so, does any one have any work arounds or suggestions?

Thanks,
lpadmin