• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

When a user updates their opportunity close date, it does not affect the schedule dates associated with a product when the product was created. So, if the user doesn't update the schedule dates, reports could show billing to start before the opportunity is projected to close or revenue now showing up in the wrong quarter/year.  A single opportunity can have multiple products and it is time consuming to update the individual schedule of every product associated with an opportunity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push out schedule dates based upon a change in close date.

Thanks.

Aiden

Hi,

I'm a sfdc sys admin and I've been using an older version of the Excel update tool and it works wonderfully.  I've tried using the new Excel Connector (v 4.58 10/7/04) and while I've been able to download data from salesforce.com, I keep getting an error when I try to update any records.  I'm using WinXP, Office2002 and the Office Edition Excel Addin 1.3.1.10.  The Connector is located in My Documents folder  and selected as an Excel Add-In.  I've tried to use it on several corporate PC's and my personal PC and against different tables (Account,User,Opportunity and Contact) but I get the same Update() error:

SalesForce: Update()
Invalid Range,missing data type or other unknown error
Object Required.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks.

• October 21, 2004

Hi All,

When a user updates their opportunity close date, it does not affect the schedule dates associated with a product when the product was created. So, if the user doesn't update the schedule dates, reports could show billing to start before the opportunity is projected to close or revenue now showing up in the wrong quarter/year.  A single opportunity can have multiple products and it is time consuming to update the individual schedule of every product associated with an opportunity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push out schedule dates based upon a change in close date.

Thanks.

Aiden

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/06/google_maps_hac.html

Enjoy, and let us know what ideas you have for integrating Sforce with Google maps!
Is the "# Time Opened" avialable via sforce?

thanks

Message Edited by onthebeach on 04-19-2005 07:28 PM

Hi, I am new to developing with Sales Force.  The first issue that has jumped out at me is that there is no way to test our integration-code changes before deploying them for 'real' use.  Testing against my 'Developer Account' is not useful because my developer account does not contain all the data, custom fields, objects, rules, etc.  It is very far from being a reliable test bend for pre-deployment changes.

Without a test environment, it is difficult to not only perform QA but it it difficult to even develop code since the code can't be executed and debugged during development.

Has anyone else found this limitiation as challenging as we have?  It would be nice if there was at least some way to backup our account and then restore it again after testing.

Len.

• March 30, 2005

Hi,

I'm a sfdc sys admin and I've been using an older version of the Excel update tool and it works wonderfully.  I've tried using the new Excel Connector (v 4.58 10/7/04) and while I've been able to download data from salesforce.com, I keep getting an error when I try to update any records.  I'm using WinXP, Office2002 and the Office Edition Excel Addin 1.3.1.10.  The Connector is located in My Documents folder  and selected as an Excel Add-In.  I've tried to use it on several corporate PC's and my personal PC and against different tables (Account,User,Opportunity and Contact) but I get the same Update() error:

SalesForce: Update()
Invalid Range,missing data type or other unknown error
Object Required.

Does anyone know what could be causing this error and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks.

• October 21, 2004