• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys!

I'd like to implement such simple thing: I need to send email after some event is fired. That event is being fired by rule which reacts on change of task object status (when it became reassigned or completed). What I need is to send that email to the person who had created that task. I tried to put "Record creator" into recepient's line of alert, but some other person recieves emails instead of task creator. Which options should I use (for "Recepient" and/or other fields) of WorkFlow alert to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys!

I need to create email template with links in the body. For example I want my email body to have name of account which would be not just a string but link (ordinary anchor: <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/Account.ID>Account.Name</a>. Currently I'm generating email body programmatically (body={!Campaign_Description}, I fill in Campaign.Description field and then trigger workflow rule which sends email based on my custom email template. All this done programmatically). If I'm using ordinary Text-type email template and filling Campaign.Description field with string

<a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/Account.ID>Account.Name</a>

than when I receive email its body is not recognized as HTML content and I see the whole string shown above with all tags - just plain text.

I tried to build Custom-type email template, but didn't achieve my point - I fill in Campaign.Description field with the same string but after receiving email I see that chars '<' and '>' are replaced with '&lt;' and '&gt;' respectively - smart action but I don't want that. As a result I see just plain text again - no link. .

So I wonder, is it possible in some way to get email which will contain links? May be my method of generating email body programmatically is not pretty good and some of you know better ways to accomplish that - please advice. Also may be you can advice how can I build merge template without programmatical building of its body and having links in it at the same time?

Any advices/comments/links are apreciated

• January 12, 2005

Hi, guys!

I encountered strange behaviour of my query which looks like below:

"SELECT Id FROM User WHERE UserPermissionsMarketingUser=true"

API return an error claiming that the query cannot be filtered by field "UserPermissionsMarketingUser". I tried to use sForceExplorer to check if this field is filterable - it is. So I wonder if anyone can explain me how to run the query above?

Any advices/comments/links apreciated

Message Edited by cmxint on 12-28-2004 04:59 AM

• December 28, 2005

Hi!

I've searched an appropriate board to post this message but didn't find it - so posting here The issue is when I want to mark all messages of the board as read I use "Board Options" -> "Mark all Messages as read". After marking all the messages as read I've got page with two headers. Doing this again will lead to triple header and so on. It's not a big deal, but still a deal

Message Edited by cmxint on 12-18-2004 04:31 AM

• December 18, 2004

Hi guys!

I wonder if there any objects/methods in sForce 5.0 that allow me to handle email templates? For example, I need to send email notification to account owner when probability of primary opportunity for his account exceeds 75% OR I need to send email notification to previous account owner when account owner is changed. In sForce 4.0 I handle such a task via sophisticated mechanism with help of Attachment, Campaign, Email template and Workflow rule and alert handling all of this via API.

I hope there are some features in new release, that let to handle this process simplier - am I right? If so, could you please give me a start of where to investigate.

Any advices/comments/links appreciated

Message Edited by cmxint on 12-04-2004 03:11 AM

• December 04, 2004

Hi guys, it's me again.

I still can't get how to query date/time field. It's written in documentation that SFDC API can recognize fieldExpression for date/time fields in format "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ". I use this mask in my query but didn't get any results . I have date/time field in custom object with a value "2004/10/13 12:00 AM" - that's what I see using view in UI. Timezone settings is "GMT-05:00 New York/America". Here is my query which I use to get object ID:

string queryString = "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T00:00:00Z". It doesn't return any record. When I specify timezone:

string queryString = "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T00:00:00-05:00Z" this query doesn't return any values.

Only when I changed time part of query (than it looks like "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T04:00:00Z"), it return my record. I can't got logic of this action - if I have GMT-05:00 then why should I specify 04:00:00 in time part of the query???

And may be there are some useful advices about how to handle such a fields???

Message Edited by cmxint on 11-30-2004 06:24 AM

• November 30, 2004

Hi guys!

My problem is in handling date/time field. There is a custom table with custom date/time field in it. This field is a primary key (logical) of table. I need to insert values into that field. When I'm trying to insert value it is inserted with time shifting regarding my timezone and timezone setup on SDFC settings. I have GMT+02:00 tz and SFDC has GMT-05:00 tz. So these seven hours are subtracted from value that is inserted into table. After investigating sforce forums I've realized that I need to add these seven hours to value before insert. I can get my timeshift (+02:00), but how can I get what time shift does SFDC Org has (in example it -05:00)???

When I'm trying to call getServerTimestamp() I get server timestamp converted to my local time. Even if I'll convert this value into UTC format I will be unable to get time shift of Org settings (-05:00) which I need to find out how many hours should I add to date/time value before insert.

May be someone has already found solution for this issue???

Any advices/comments/links appreciated.

• November 30, 2004

Hi, guys!

I've got a situation with custom field in custom object. This field is of Date/Time type. When I'm creating new record in that custom object I assign a date/time value to field (for example 10/13/2004 without time). Then I call create/update. When I take a look at results of insert/update I realized that the value of mentioned date/time field is 10/12/2004 2:00 PM while I specified value 10/13/2004 0:00. Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Any advices/comments/links are appreciated

• November 29, 2004

Hi, guys!

May be you'll find my question pretty dummy but please explan me: what does phrase "Developers are encouraged to migrate to the SOAP based API" means? All I do to develop small applications is: get enterprise .wsdl file - compile it with wsdl.exe to assembly - link this assembly into my C# solution - use it. I had a look inside of source of assembly. The main class is derived from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol. Is that what this phrase means?

• November 11, 2004

Hi, guys!

Am I right considering that after 11/15/2004 all my 4.0 applications should connect to

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/5.0 rather then to

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/4.0? Is that the only thing that should be changed? And as the global question: what steps should I take to migrate to sFroce 5.0? May be there are some documents but I couldn't find them.

Any advices/comments/links are appreciated

• November 11, 2004

Hi, guys!

I'm trying to get default value for picklist field, but all values in field.picklistValues have their defaultValue flag set to FALSE. I found similar topic, but it's not clear does this feature correct for now.

Any comments and advices are appreciated.

• November 09, 2004

Hi, guys!

I need to maintain subject somehow. But I didn't find any advices about how to do that in documentation. What I need to do is to check if specified user (profile) has permission to change recordtype of accounts from one value to another. Any advices and comments are appreciated .

• November 08, 2004

Hi there!

The problem is - I have custom field of type "AutoNumber" in Account object (master side) and custom field of type "Number(16,0)" in custom object (detail side). When I get value from field of such type it's double. But double has a precision of 15-16 digits, so it's a high possibility of loosing relationship between tables mentioned above, cause master-detail relationship organized on the basis of equality of these two fields. How can I fix this problem?

• November 01, 2004

Hi!

Can somebody tell me - is it possible to get subject? If so, what SFDC API objects should I use?

P. S. I have Developer account and workflow rule with associated alert. Alert sends email to user when one of the Campaign object changes it's status to "Completed". I need to edit message text and attachments programmatically every time this message is being send. I think to do this via access to Alert object of this workflow rule. May be You know better method???

• October 26, 2004

Hi there!

I have a tool, which imports data from flat .csv-files into customer database objects. What I need is to send email notification to all admins of Org Account about completion of import process. Also I need to attach to this email message logs of work of tool.

I see only one solution: to create workflow rule, which will be programmaticaly set to "true" after tool have finished work and assign workflow task to it. But even in this case how can I attach files for email message, which will be created for notification and how can I send this message to users from User table (not from Account, Contact or other tables)???

May be some of You have more elegant solution for such task? I appreciate any advices

• October 26, 2004

Hi guys!

I need to create email template with links in the body. For example I want my email body to have name of account which would be not just a string but link (ordinary anchor: <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/Account.ID>Account.Name</a>. Currently I'm generating email body programmatically (body={!Campaign_Description}, I fill in Campaign.Description field and then trigger workflow rule which sends email based on my custom email template. All this done programmatically). If I'm using ordinary Text-type email template and filling Campaign.Description field with string

<a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/Account.ID>Account.Name</a>

than when I receive email its body is not recognized as HTML content and I see the whole string shown above with all tags - just plain text.

I tried to build Custom-type email template, but didn't achieve my point - I fill in Campaign.Description field with the same string but after receiving email I see that chars '<' and '>' are replaced with '&lt;' and '&gt;' respectively - smart action but I don't want that. As a result I see just plain text again - no link. .

So I wonder, is it possible in some way to get email which will contain links? May be my method of generating email body programmatically is not pretty good and some of you know better ways to accomplish that - please advice. Also may be you can advice how can I build merge template without programmatical building of its body and having links in it at the same time?

Any advices/comments/links are apreciated

• January 12, 2005
We would like to set a web-to-lead form from which a person would be specifying product sheets request via a multi picklist field. Once the lead is entered in salesforce, an automated email with appropriate attachments (from the documents) would then be fired back at that person.  Is it possible to programatically attached documents to a template?

While adding the campaing to a lead/contact, I am asked for the status which is "Sent" or "Responded".

Can I access this "Status" picklist through API? Does this resides in campaing member, but status field in campaingmember consists of a larger set of values. I mean the total of all values across all campaings - "Added through the 'Advanced Setup' on Campaign".

Please help me.

Thanks,

• January 04, 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the sforce API and was wondering if someone can provide me a with sample code on how to delete an opportunity. The example in the API manual is

private void deleteAccount()

{

// Delete call takes an string array of Ids as parameter

String[] IDs = new Sring[] {""};

// Invoke the delete call, saving the result in a DeleteResult object
DeleteResult[] deleteResults = binding.delete(IDs);
// Determine whether the delete call succeeded or failed
if (deleteResults[0].success)
{
// Delete operation succeeded
System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("Deleted: " + deleteResults[0].id);
}
else
{
// Delete operation failed
System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("Couldn't delete because: " +
deleteResults[0].errors[0].message);
}
}

What I don't understand here is how does it know it's an Opportunity ID and not Contact ID? Can someone please provide me with an example of how to delete an Opportunity ID=123456

Thank you
Maz.

• December 29, 2005

Hi, guys!

I encountered strange behaviour of my query which looks like below:

"SELECT Id FROM User WHERE UserPermissionsMarketingUser=true"

API return an error claiming that the query cannot be filtered by field "UserPermissionsMarketingUser". I tried to use sForceExplorer to check if this field is filterable - it is. So I wonder if anyone can explain me how to run the query above?

Any advices/comments/links apreciated

Message Edited by cmxint on 12-28-2004 04:59 AM

• December 28, 2005

Hi guys, it's me again.

I still can't get how to query date/time field. It's written in documentation that SFDC API can recognize fieldExpression for date/time fields in format "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ". I use this mask in my query but didn't get any results . I have date/time field in custom object with a value "2004/10/13 12:00 AM" - that's what I see using view in UI. Timezone settings is "GMT-05:00 New York/America". Here is my query which I use to get object ID:

string queryString = "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T00:00:00Z". It doesn't return any record. When I specify timezone:

string queryString = "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T00:00:00-05:00Z" this query doesn't return any values.

Only when I changed time part of query (than it looks like "SELECT Id FROM Volume__c WHERE Trade_Date__c=2004-10-13T04:00:00Z"), it return my record. I can't got logic of this action - if I have GMT-05:00 then why should I specify 04:00:00 in time part of the query???

And may be there are some useful advices about how to handle such a fields???

Message Edited by cmxint on 11-30-2004 06:24 AM

• November 30, 2004

Hi, guys!

I'm trying to get default value for picklist field, but all values in field.picklistValues have their defaultValue flag set to FALSE. I found similar topic, but it's not clear does this feature correct for now.

Any comments and advices are appreciated.

• November 09, 2004

Hi,

is it possible to send a contact a templated email via the API?

thanks