• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to develop a tool that uses salesforce's contracts. However what I need to do is have this tool automatically approve contracts. I've tried by setting only the status field to be an in approval process status but I keep getting an "invalid status" message when trying to update the contract.

Can anybody shed some light on how to accomplish this? I looked into the approval object as well but it doesn't seem to have a pointer to the contract and I'm trying to avoid sending unneeded email messages out to users that don't need them.
  • February 03, 2005
I'm having trouble updating a task in Salesforce using the Salesforce.pm module. I have tried setting the date field to be:
2004-12-31
2004-12-31T00:00:00
2004-12-31T00:00:00+00:00Z

all of which result in the same error:

ActivityDate: value not of required type:

Any ideas on how I should format the item: Here is what I'm doing right now.

$$task{'type'} = 'Task';
$$task{'ActivityDate'} = '2004-12-31';
$result = $sforce->update(%$task);

The $task variable is from a previous query.
  • November 29, 2004
I've seen a few discussions about assignment rules and having them automatically assigned. I was wondering if there was a simple way to have a new Lead that is populated via the sforce PERL API use the assignement rules found in salesforce?
  • November 01, 2004
I'm trying to develop a tool that uses salesforce's contracts. However what I need to do is have this tool automatically approve contracts. I've tried by setting only the status field to be an in approval process status but I keep getting an "invalid status" message when trying to update the contract.

Can anybody shed some light on how to accomplish this? I looked into the approval object as well but it doesn't seem to have a pointer to the contract and I'm trying to avoid sending unneeded email messages out to users that don't need them.
  • February 03, 2005
I'm having trouble updating a task in Salesforce using the Salesforce.pm module. I have tried setting the date field to be:
2004-12-31
2004-12-31T00:00:00
2004-12-31T00:00:00+00:00Z

all of which result in the same error:

ActivityDate: value not of required type:

Any ideas on how I should format the item: Here is what I'm doing right now.

$$task{'type'} = 'Task';
$$task{'ActivityDate'} = '2004-12-31';
$result = $sforce->update(%$task);

The $task variable is from a previous query.
  • November 29, 2004
I've seen a few discussions about assignment rules and having them automatically assigned. I was wondering if there was a simple way to have a new Lead that is populated via the sforce PERL API use the assignement rules found in salesforce?
  • November 01, 2004