• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do I change my sForce.com email?... tried preferences but do not see appropriate options there.
Any input appreciated,
gregory
  • August 28, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has a code that would allow to preserve history for web pages displayed on custom web tabs...

Currently I am using Tab Type: URL to display intranet homepage. Each time I select different tabs and go back to my intranet tab I am redirected to intranet homepage and not the paga I browsed to last time.
I believe that custom S-Controll type could do the job.. not sure how to do it though.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
  • February 09, 2006
I had similar issue to tghe one described in the following thread
Community : Developer Boards : VB and Office Development : Excel connector installation problem
This is what I did and highly recommend to others.
Find and edit below code as noted below and run manually when needed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Auto_Open()
On Error Resume Next
' CommandBars(IDS_TOOLBAR_NAME).Delete ' not neeeded each open
' CommandBars("Salesforce").Delete ' remove old toolbar

For those of you who do not know... Above code is commented so that it does not run each time...
Remove second comment ('), if you would like to remove old toolbar, and run the code manually. Please note that original tollbar name is "sforce connector" in the code below I replaced it with "your toolbar name here". See below modification 1:

Modification 1
Sub Auto_Open()
On Error Resume Next
' CommandBars(IDS_TOOLBAR_NAME).Delete ' not neeeded each open
CommandBars("your toolbar name here").Delete ' remove old toolbar

After that, put the second comment back in, and you can add your new Add-in or remove first comment (') and run the code. See below modification 2:

Modification 2
Sub Auto_Open()
On Error Resume Next
CommandBars(IDS_TOOLBAR_NAME).Delete ' not neeeded each open
' CommandBars("your toolbar name here").Delete ' remove old toolbar

Ron,
If you read this message please consider placing this solution on the sforce connector FAQ page

Should anyone have questiones about this please email me at gorzik@gmail.com.
grg orzikowski
  • January 30, 2006
Does anyone know how to access products attached to opportunities via SForce Connector?
The idea is to update Sales Prices and Quantities via the tool... Sounds easy but not sure where is the table...
Any help appreciated,

greg
  • January 13, 2006
All,
Does anyone know how can I make Address Field (on account) to be required? or at least State ID.
Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
greg
  • January 13, 2006
I have used SForce Connector for EEdition for about 1yr. .. it is great for me as admin. Now I do not want to give it to all users due to a fact that they do not understand how data is structured and above all they can delete records.
I would release SFConnector PE edition if it can be used to update records (Opportunities, contacts and accounts)? I have never used it and from what I have read it is only for custom objects import?
Any assistance appreciated...

Thanks,
greg
  • January 13, 2006
All,
I am trying to remove soem number and currency values and replace them with BLANK. For some number field values I was able to accomplish the task. For currency it returns: invalid range, missing data type...error.
So I tried temporary change of field type currency to number. It still does not work !?
Any ideas?

Thanks,
gregory
  • February 21, 2005
I was wondering if the tool displays all the tables available to user. Namely I was looking for Public Groups tables with no success. Is there anyone that can help me out here?

RON, the capability of merging two tables is very usefull Thanks!
gregory
  • February 14, 2005
I have hard time using the following statement in SForce Connector.
-includes
-logical operators: and, or, not

Sample:
Table--------SOQL
Account------Field1---includes---value1 OR value2

OR with a comma:
Account------Field1---includes---value1, value2

It returns an error... any ideas?
Thanks,

gregory
  • December 06, 2004

Does anyone know how to use custom functions in SForce Connector? BTW the tool is great!
The manual mentions sflookup and sfemail, but there should be more. Where I can find full list?

Thanks,

greg

• December 03, 2004

All,

I was wondering if there is any SOQL documentation i.e. showing valid operators etc
Appreciate any help,

greg

• December 03, 2004
How do I change my sForce.com email?... tried preferences but do not see appropriate options there.
Any input appreciated,
gregory
  • August 28, 2006
Hi, everytime I try any of the menu commands I get the message

"The macro c:\Documents and Settings\MCTURNANJ\Local Settings\Temp\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found"

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the Addin multiple times. I have tried uninstalling the Office toolkit.

Much appreciation & thanks in advance for helping me resolve this.
Can you setup conditional lookup? ex. we are interested to create a new custom object 'Interest' which has master-detail relationship to contact object. In addition, we also like to setup another field that would store the account record associated with the contact record in the 'Interest' object. It doesn't look like this is easily done. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

Ted Tsung
All,
Does anyone know how can I make Address Field (on account) to be required? or at least State ID.
Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
greg
  • January 13, 2006
I have used SForce Connector for EEdition for about 1yr. .. it is great for me as admin. Now I do not want to give it to all users due to a fact that they do not understand how data is structured and above all they can delete records.
I would release SFConnector PE edition if it can be used to update records (Opportunities, contacts and accounts)? I have never used it and from what I have read it is only for custom objects import?
Any assistance appreciated...

Thanks,
greg
  • January 13, 2006
All,
I am trying to remove soem number and currency values and replace them with BLANK. For some number field values I was able to accomplish the task. For currency it returns: invalid range, missing data type...error.
So I tried temporary change of field type currency to number. It still does not work !?
Any ideas?

Thanks,
gregory
  • February 21, 2005
I was wondering if the tool displays all the tables available to user. Namely I was looking for Public Groups tables with no success. Is there anyone that can help me out here?

RON, the capability of merging two tables is very usefull Thanks!
gregory
  • February 14, 2005
I have hard time using the following statement in SForce Connector.
-includes
-logical operators: and, or, not

Sample:
Table--------SOQL
Account------Field1---includes---value1 OR value2

OR with a comma:
Account------Field1---includes---value1, value2

It returns an error... any ideas?
Thanks,

gregory
  • December 06, 2004

Does anyone know how to use custom functions in SForce Connector? BTW the tool is great!
The manual mentions sflookup and sfemail, but there should be more. Where I can find full list?

Thanks,

greg

• December 03, 2004

All,

I was wondering if there is any SOQL documentation i.e. showing valid operators etc
Appreciate any help,

greg

• December 03, 2004