• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, I have just started using sforce in order to support a client who is using salesforce.com. Already got a couple of answers from the boards

I have added a custom field called UKSA_ID to the Leads. When I retrieve a Lead from sforce I check this field - if it is 0.0 then I add the lead as a new record to the local DB, then update the field with the local ID and save it back to salesforce. If I go in and check through the web UI, the field has been updated with the correct value. However, next time I download the lead, the value is 0.0 again.

Here's a code snippet:

if (lead.UKSA_ID__c.Equals(0.0))

{

//get the returned ID

int iID = Int32.Parse(_SP.getReturnValue().ToString());

//update salesforce with the returned ID

lead.UKSA_ID__c = Double.Parse(iID.ToString());

lead.UKSA_ID__cSpecified = true;

bUpdate = true;

}

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards, Ben Empson

Hi there, I have just started using sforce in order to support a client who is using salesforce.com. Already got a couple of answers from the boards

I have added a custom field called UKSA_ID to the Leads. When I retrieve a Lead from sforce I check this field - if it is 0.0 then I add the lead as a new record to the local DB, then update the field with the local ID and save it back to salesforce. If I go in and check through the web UI, the field has been updated with the correct value. However, next time I download the lead, the value is 0.0 again.

Here's a code snippet:

if (lead.UKSA_ID__c.Equals(0.0))

{

//get the returned ID

int iID = Int32.Parse(_SP.getReturnValue().ToString());

//update salesforce with the returned ID

lead.UKSA_ID__c = Double.Parse(iID.ToString());

lead.UKSA_ID__cSpecified = true;

bUpdate = true;

}

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards, Ben Empson

I want to retrieve a deleted Contact for replication purposes. I think I have the steps right - I call getDeleted(), I iterate through the result and build an array of the IDs, then I call retrieve using the ID array. But while my ID array contains the right IDs, my retrieve call returns nothing. Your documentation indicates that I should be able to do this (point 5 in the Replication section). Please let me know what I'm missing...
thanks
chris