• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Has anyone converted the java email agent for .NET? Or phrased another way, would anyone be interested in converting the java email agent to .NET for a resonable fee?

Thanks,
-Bill
  • November 10, 2005

I've been getting the exception message "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS" on occassion when querying the sforce webservice.  I have noticed others reporting the same problem on this board, but haven't seen a resolution.  There is a hotfix from Microsoft, but I hardly think performaing an sforce query is equivalent to uploading a large file over SSL which this hotfix is supposed to correct.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884537

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error that seems to be happening randomly?

Thanks,
-Bill

• August 10, 2005

Either I'm completely blind or it hasn't been made publically available yet, but where is the email to case agent?  It points to www.sforce.com to download it, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks,
-Bill

There are a couple limiting factors for us with the sforce 5.0 API, and I'm hoping they have been addressed with sforce 6.0 API.  Could anyone confirm?

1) The CreatedDate cannot be modified for most (if not all) records.  This is a problem when importing data from a legacy system as the actual history does not reflect properly in the migrated data.  We've been waiting for this functionality in order to import a lot of old data that would otherwise be meaningless.

2) Changing the owner of a case comment is not supported in the API.  This has resulted in a messy workaround to our custom portal.

If these issues have been addressed, I'll be a happy camper  (I did not see them mentioned in the release notes).  I have brought them up with the product managers a few months ago.

Regards
Bill Bither
Atalasoft

• April 30, 2005

Today, we recieved a some exeptions generated using the API with this message:

Sales Force Login Failed (Non-negative number required.  Parameter name: byteCount)

Do you have any idea what could have caused this?  Following this message were a few exceptions:

System.Exception: Sales Force Login Failed (The operation has timed-out.)

These seemed to be remote occurances.  Hopefully it wont happen again, but curious what the message means.

Thanks,

-Bill Bither

• January 22, 2005
Today, our custom portal stopped functioning.  We're getting the exception like "Invalid Object sObject Type Queue" when attempting to get the Queue Name given an owner ID of a case.  When I downloaded the most recent WDSL, I notice Queue is no longer there.  We rely on this feature in our portal!
  • January 03, 2005

There are a couple limiting factors for us with the sforce 5.0 API, and I'm hoping they have been addressed with sforce 6.0 API.  Could anyone confirm?

1) The CreatedDate cannot be modified for most (if not all) records.  This is a problem when importing data from a legacy system as the actual history does not reflect properly in the migrated data.  We've been waiting for this functionality in order to import a lot of old data that would otherwise be meaningless.

2) Changing the owner of a case comment is not supported in the API.  This has resulted in a messy workaround to our custom portal.

If these issues have been addressed, I'll be a happy camper  (I did not see them mentioned in the release notes).  I have brought them up with the product managers a few months ago.

Regards
Bill Bither
Atalasoft

• April 30, 2005

Hi -

I need to do some special processing on our system when a contact gets merged into another contact.

Currently, I have no way of detecting that a merge has taken place via the API.  We are being notified the deletion of the contact who did not survive the merge (via the getDeleted() call), and (via the getUpdated() call) we are being notified of an update of the contact who did survive, but I can see no way of knowing that an actual merge has taken place, nor can I associate the deleted contact's id to the surviving contact's id.  Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks!

Jeff Podlogar

Today, we recieved a some exeptions generated using the API with this message:

Sales Force Login Failed (Non-negative number required.  Parameter name: byteCount)

Do you have any idea what could have caused this?  Following this message were a few exceptions:

System.Exception: Sales Force Login Failed (The operation has timed-out.)

These seemed to be remote occurances.  Hopefully it wont happen again, but curious what the message means.

Thanks,

-Bill Bither

• January 22, 2005
Today, our custom portal stopped functioning.  We're getting the exception like "Invalid Object sObject Type Queue" when attempting to get the Queue Name given an owner ID of a case.  When I downloaded the most recent WDSL, I notice Queue is no longer there.  We rely on this feature in our portal!
  • January 03, 2005