• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Need some help defining the correct syntax to search for an unpopulated fields in SFDC utilizing the connector.  Specific need is "show me accounts where the ParentID reference field is blank", but other null or empty searches are on the horizon. 

Is there a specific method to search for null/empty.  Is the format field specific?  ("") doesn't seem to work in my example above nor does the word null.

Thanks

I LOVE THIS THING!!!

Would like to continue the efficiency by utilizing a current spreadsheet with a BUNCH (technical term!) of customized forms, code and functions already built-in.  This spreadsheet gets updated frequently and already have the update logic built into the application.

Would like to â¬?callâ¬? the connector to search for SFDC Accounts, Contacts and Oppty records.  How (where) would I stick in some code to have the connector pull data from SFDC and populate my application?

Thanks in advance

I have been using the PE connector successfully for some time and find that one specific custom field on the Opportunity object generates this error and cannot be updated. 

I have made sure there are no other fields in the database with this same field name and removed any formulas that refer to this field.

I'm on deadline to finish a data migration... HELP!??

Thanks VERY much in advance.
  • June 11, 2006

Need some help defining the correct syntax to search for an unpopulated fields in SFDC utilizing the connector.  Specific need is "show me accounts where the ParentID reference field is blank", but other null or empty searches are on the horizon. 

Is there a specific method to search for null/empty.  Is the format field specific?  ("") doesn't seem to work in my example above nor does the word null.

Thanks

I LOVE THIS THING!!!

Would like to continue the efficiency by utilizing a current spreadsheet with a BUNCH (technical term!) of customized forms, code and functions already built-in.  This spreadsheet gets updated frequently and already have the update logic built into the application.

Would like to â¬?callâ¬? the connector to search for SFDC Accounts, Contacts and Oppty records.  How (where) would I stick in some code to have the connector pull data from SFDC and populate my application?

Thanks in advance