• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have written a number of Scontrols that prefill data from the current object to a new object.  We are now trying to prefill data into a new object pulling data from the current object and from another object with a relationship to the current one.

For example, custom object 'Operations Response' contains a field - 'Case' that is a lookup field to the Case object -- Lookup(Case).  I want to pull a couple of fields from this Case object and copy the data into the new object I am creating through a weblink. 

Finally, I am looking to populate additional data from yet another custom object (HR Link) that has a Master (Case) - Detail (HR Link) relationship with Case

Since I am new to the AppExchange API and am a Javascript novice, I am hoping for some help with sample code showing the required navigation using a series of Retrieve or Query functions.

Many thanks in advance. 

Message Edited by TransitForce on 09-12-2006 12:15 PM

Message Edited by TransitForce on 09-13-2006 03:48 PM

We are successfully able to login and query an enterprise edition organization using the 7.0 API with Java (using code that previously worked with 6.0) however after the initial successful query, subsequent calls where we reuse the session ID are returning SOAP faults indicating the password has expired - even though the User ID and password are valid - does anyone have similar problems or any suggestions?
We need to select Cases that have been modified in a particulat time period for further processing. We have been able to do this successfully through the API using Java 1.5 and Axis 1.2 for changes to the case object however we've run into a problem with related objects.

We have two custom objects that have a many to many relatioship with Case. The link records that provide these relationships have their own Last Modified Date Time but adding or deleting relationship records does not change the Case Last Modified Date Time. We can obtain the set of Case ID's that identify cases that have logical changes by querying each link record and the Case itself, but then can't see an effective way to query the case object to retrieve data columns based on the multiple (possibly redundant) Case Id's retrieved from the other three queries. Without subqueries, temp tables, or joins we are unclear how to proceed - any ideas?

When we report on contacts or use sforce connector we see a contact ID, however the generated Enterprise WSDL does not show it - don't know what the problem is and would appreciate any help.

Extract from enterprise WSDL for contact

---------------------------------------------------------

-

-

-

In the options for the sforce connector I'm using https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/6.0 as default server URL on startup in order to get the new 6.0 API - how do I also point the connector at a test instance of supportforce rather than the production instance? The call is resolving to the production intance and failing to login as the user password is different in test than production. Selecting Advanced in options doesn't seem to add any options - using version 5.51 4/15/05 of the sforce connector.

I don't see any custom formula fields in queries using the sforce connector, although I can see them on reports run through the Salesforce Office Edition Excel plug in. It seems as though these fields should be available for read access using the sforce 6.0 API . Is there something special needed to get at these fields? 

We insert a Contact record (containing an email address) through the API. The record appears to be OK. The email address is not found on a general or specific search. If the contact record is opened in Edit mode and saved with no changes (and no errors) the contact record email is then found in search results.  (We want the new Case we are adding as part of this process (posting as in Web-to-Case) to get automatically linked to the new Contact that we have created at the front end of this process.)  Is there something explicit we need to set when inserting a contact through the API to have the record included in search indexes or is this a bug?

We want to re-write our Web-to-Case application so that we can better control error handling â¬? e.g. Salesforce not available â¬? and have a common code base for our other API applications.  One sticking point in our custom web2case design seems to be how to generate an auto-response email.  The auto response rules seem to require some hidden trigger in addition to the defined condition.  (We canâ¬?t use the Self Service portal because it is already being used for another purpose.)  Is there anything we can do to trigger an auto-response without running Web2Case or SS Portal?
We are successfully able to login and query an enterprise edition organization using the 7.0 API with Java (using code that previously worked with 6.0) however after the initial successful query, subsequent calls where we reuse the session ID are returning SOAP faults indicating the password has expired - even though the User ID and password are valid - does anyone have similar problems or any suggestions?

When we report on contacts or use sforce connector we see a contact ID, however the generated Enterprise WSDL does not show it - don't know what the problem is and would appreciate any help.

Extract from enterprise WSDL for contact

---------------------------------------------------------

-

-

-

I don't see any custom formula fields in queries using the sforce connector, although I can see them on reports run through the Salesforce Office Edition Excel plug in. It seems as though these fields should be available for read access using the sforce 6.0 API . Is there something special needed to get at these fields? 

The SDFC application filters Opportunity stages for the logged in user so that they only see stages that are assigned to them. However, when I retrieve the possible picklist values from sforce (using their credentials) it returns all possible values.

Is it possible to filter the picklist to get only values that are assigned to the user?

Thanks,

Christopher Kent

• December 18, 2003