• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Birthdate is a default Date field that comes with SFDC and allows for view criteria like 'TODAY,THIS MONTH' which is very handy to 'View All Birthdays this Month'. We've added a custom Date field called Anniversary which we would like to do view the same data based on the same criteria: 'TODAY,THIS MONTH' to 'View All Anniversaries this Month' but it seems we're only able to view Anniversaries THIS MONTH and in the current year (years != current will not show up).

Is there a way to get around this to get the same functionality for views for the 'View All Birthdays this Month'?
  • April 18, 2005
I was surfing my RSS reader and found this entry in the Sforce blog about the Data Loader.

While I don't have a need for it at the moment something caught my eye:

"You can also consider using the Sforce Data Loader since it: ... Bypasses the writing to the recent items list"

Benji/Simon/Dave... Is this an Sforce 6.0 feature, or something undocumented in 5.0? (If the latter mind spilling the beans?

(Side Note: If it's an Sforce 6.0 feature it would help explain why it's not going to be released until Summer '05 is out, for those wondering that...)
  • May 20, 2005
hi

can you point me to any help files / samples where client side JavaScript has been used within an Scontrol?

best practices, etc

thanks
mc
Birthdate is a default Date field that comes with SFDC and allows for view criteria like 'TODAY,THIS MONTH' which is very handy to 'View All Birthdays this Month'. We've added a custom Date field called Anniversary which we would like to do view the same data based on the same criteria: 'TODAY,THIS MONTH' to 'View All Anniversaries this Month' but it seems we're only able to view Anniversaries THIS MONTH and in the current year (years != current will not show up).

Is there a way to get around this to get the same functionality for views for the 'View All Birthdays this Month'?
  • April 18, 2005
hi,
I'm trying to update records from PHP using the PEAR SOAP stuff, and I'm getting java.lang.NumFormatException s returned when i try to update date fields. My dates are in YYYY-MM-DD format, I believe it is because the value is a string.
I'm not aware that it is possible to send a value such as that in PHP without using a string, am I missing something here?

thanks
aj
Does anyone know how to call update() for more than one object at a time (using WebService_sforceService_Soal.php)? Here is the code I have for updating one record:
     $client = new SalesforceClient($SESSION);
     $client->_endpoint = $_COOKIE['sf_endpoint'];

$myFields = array('type'=>'lead', 'Id'=>'00S20000007k888AAA', 'Company'=>'testCo');
     $result = $client->update($myFields);

This code works perfectly, but I cannot figure out how to pass more than one "sObject" (php array) to it. My first guess was to make $myFields an array of arrays, but that didn't work. Then I tried just adding more and more key/value pairs to the $myFields array ('type'=>'lead', 'Id'=>'00S20000007k888AAA', 'Company'=>'testCo1', 'type'=>'lead', 'Id'=>'00S20000007k9999BB', 'Company'=>'testCo2', etc. etc.) but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any help you can provide (I really don't want to make multiple calls to the update function).

-Jordan Lev