• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Anyone heard of anyone doing a C# port of the Java based DataLoader?

I see the DBAmp guys are getting a data import project going, but I assume it will us the DBAmp MS-SQL SP architecture?

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
Does anyone know if someone is working on extending the Data Loader (open sourced version) to support data sources other than CSV. As the Data Loader is a Java based solution, I was hoping that someone with better Java skills than mine might be working on adding JDBC support.

This sure would be handy for data imports and data updates - no more hassles worrying about escaping CSV reserved characters, and no more hassles with carriage returns and line feeds in data, etc.

Anyone..., anyone..., Ferris?

Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
Anyone know if I can have static columns in my SOQL.

select Name, ID, 'FOO' as Bar from Account

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
I could not find anything in the v6.0 API docs on this.

Anyone know if string concatenation is supported in SOQL?

Using Oracle concatenation syntax fails:

select Name || 'Inc.', ID from account

Using MS-SQL syntax (which I think is SQL-92 syntax compliant) also fails:
select Name + 'Inc.', ID from account

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
I did not find anything about this in the v6.0 API guide.

I would like to submit a query having a select condition to restrict by a Date field. I would like to use the current datetime rather than have to dynamically compose my query each time.

Oracle uses SYSDATE - I was hoping that might work since the SF backend DB is Oracle. No go.

I tried MS-SQL syntax: GetDate() - also no-go.

Tried Now, Now(), Today, Today()

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
Does anyone know if someone is working on extending the Data Loader (open sourced version) to support data sources other than CSV. As the Data Loader is a Java based solution, I was hoping that someone with better Java skills than mine might be working on adding JDBC support.

This sure would be handy for data imports and data updates - no more hassles worrying about escaping CSV reserved characters, and no more hassles with carriage returns and line feeds in data, etc.

Anyone..., anyone..., Ferris?

Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
Anyone know if I can have static columns in my SOQL.

select Name, ID, 'FOO' as Bar from Account

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
I did not find anything about this in the v6.0 API guide.

I would like to submit a query having a select condition to restrict by a Date field. I would like to use the current datetime rather than have to dynamically compose my query each time.

Oracle uses SYSDATE - I was hoping that might work since the SF backend DB is Oracle. No go.

I tried MS-SQL syntax: GetDate() - also no-go.

Tried Now, Now(), Today, Today()

Thanks -
Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.
In an earlier post, Linebacker asked:

DBAmp is great. I never asked for, but can i write my local changed datasets back to Sforce? How?

and my repsonse was:

I think what you're looking for is a way to import from SQL Server into Salesforce (kind of the opposite of SF_Replicate). You can do it a couple of ways: 1. Use SQL Data Transform Services to export your SQL table into a csv, then use dataloader to upload this csv. 2. Write your own custom stored proc that compares the ID and SystemModstamp between the local table and the SALESFORCE...Object to find differences. Then use an update SQL statement to update the values you want up on the SALESFORCE side. I am considering writing a SF_Import stored proc that does this, but I have kinda of a full plate right now getting DBAmp ready for the Winter '06 release. Any open source'ers that want to take a stab at it (with a little guidance from me) ?

Now, Benfishin and I have taken up the challenge. As a new open source project, we are going to write an import program that imports records from SQL Server into Salesforce.

But first, I would like to get some input from the community with regards to the features needed. For example:

1. Should it be similiar to the options provided by the Sforce Data Loader ?

2. Should it use the new UPSERT command in the api ?

3. Should it be batch mode or interactive or both ?

Let's make sforce open source work for all of us. If you have some ideas, suggestions, or just want to help develop open source solutions, respond to this thread with contributions you can make. I'll take care of the details of setting up the project in SourceForge and allocating the developer member id's.

Thanks, Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 11-19-2005 07:16 AM

• November 19, 2005
Just thought I would post this here... no I'm not from the Open Access but we're looking into this ODBC to Salesforce driver....

Until the new year, the OpenAccess ODBC driver for Salesforce is available for the low price of $99 dollars per year. Please visit http://www.openaccesssoftware.com/products/openrda/sfpricing.asp for more information and to sign up for the annual program.

Please visit http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com/products/openrda/Salesforce_overview.asp to learn more about the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.
This kicks butt. Thanks much!