• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are experiencing this issue on one of our servers for last couple of days.
When we run the same code on local machine it works fine but running the code on servers gives this exception:

note: the application was running fine for last couple of months and the exception started coming about a week back.

Logging
into salesforce.com...

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300074
[TP-Processor2] WARN org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection -
The host www.salesforce.com:443 (or
proxy null:-1) did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000
milliseconds

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300076
[TP-Processor2] ERROR SforceManager -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300076
[TP-Processor2] DEBUG LoginAction - EXCEPTION CAUGHT!

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 |
com.sforce.SForceException: ; nested exception is:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13
| org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException

| at
com.sforce.SforceManager.login(SforceManager.java:157)

| at com.sforce.SforceManager.(SforceManager.java:81)

| at
com.sforce.struts.action.LoginAction.execute(LoginAction.java:110)

| at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Punit
Hi,
I am trying to setup single sing on for my salesforce account. I thought the good starting point could be the Sample Implementations provided in the salesforce guide for single sign on.
The issue with this is that I don't know what should be the Gateway URL that I need to set in the company information for this sample app.
Thanks in advance.
-Punit
Hi,
I am in the process of bulding an application to provide Single Sign on functionality to a salesportal. To be able to test it, I need Single Sign on enabled on one of the developer accounts. What is the process of getting this option enabled?

HI Community,

I have created a web tab that points to our intranet page. This page requires windiows authentication and shows a box for entering information like username, password and domain name.

Even after passing correct information on this box, we are not able to get through the authentication. Seems like the login information is not being passed correctly to the page.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

I am testing one of our application on Salesforce test server (test.salesforce.com). When I set a field to datatype Currency(16,0) it still shows values after decimal on the view opportunity page. Where as same setting in www.salesforce.com do not show any values after decimal. Any clarification would help.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

We are trying to populate a custom field(Last Calculated date) of type datetime in SFDC. The requirement is to populate this date after some calculations are done using API. This date is not being populated correctly in salesforce and all the dates have a 12 hours difference from what they should be. Comparing Last Modified Date and custom field Last Calculated Date, custom field has a 12 hours less value than modified date as below:

Last Calculated Date       Opportunity Id                   Last Modified Date

6/20/2005 3:15 PM           00630000001m7j3AAA    6/21/2005 3:15 AM 

We are using getServerTimeStamp to get the dates as below:

xElemnt(4) = Doc.CreateElement(_LineitemLastCalculatedDate)

xElemnt(4).InnerText = Format(objService.getServerTimestamp.timestamp.ToUniversalTime, "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss")

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Punit

Hi All,

We are populating a custom field called ADI_Last_Calculated_date__c with current server time using getServerTimeStamp call. The time that is populated in salesforce is exactly 12 hours away from what the last modified date is.

Last Calculated     

6/20/2005 3:15 PM 00630000001m7j3AAA 6/21/2005 3:15 AM VISHAY VT50

HI All

I am getting ClientDisconnectException when trying to relogin in case of session expiration in the application. Can anyone tell me as to what it is and how could this be resolved? We are using sforce5.0.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

I want to update the reference fields (e.g. in Opportunity object field AccountId). It is giving me an error saying that AccountId field cannot be updated.

Do we need to delete and create the related objects in case we want to change the reference id or there is some better way out?

Thanks

Punit

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch all the field values of Account. For this I am creating a query by describing the object and then running the query. The query result is only containing values for not null fields. I am not sure why this would happen. Any clues would be appreciated. The code that I am using is as below:

Thanks

Punit

DescribeSObjectResult describeAccounts = sfdc.describeSObject("Account");
   Field[] accountFields = describeAccounts.getFields();
   String queryString = "Select ";
   for(int i =0; i<accountFields.length; i++){
    if(!accountFields[i].getName().equalsIgnoreCase("ID")){
     if(i == accountFields.length - 1){
      queryString = queryString + accountFields[i].getName();
     }else{
      queryString = queryString + accountFields[i].getName() + " ,";
     }
    }
   }
   queryString = queryString + " From Account where Id = '" + accountId + "'";
   System.out.println("QUERY IS " + queryString);
   QueryResult accountDetails = binding.query(queryString);
   SObject account =  accountDetails.getRecords()[0];
   for(int i =0; i<accountFields.length; i++){
    System.out.println("Field is :" + accountFields[i].getName());
    System.out.println("Value is :" + account.get_any()[i].getValue());
   }

Hi,

It is just a curious question on possible synchronization issues with binding object. Since the binding object is created as a global object do we need to make this variable synchronized?

I can see SoapBindingStub has static code in it which should solve the problem but just want to confirm.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

We have a requirement of finding related objects for an account ID including Salesforce Objects and Custom objects that are related to accounts. The application is similar to what merge account utility provides. we want to merge all the related objects (Custom/salesforce provided) from one account to another.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

I have some API calls being made sequentially one after the other. What i want it that if one the API calls fails the changes made by previous API calls should be reverted back in salesforce. Is it possible in salesforce or programmatically (Not by firing another update with old data values)?

Thanks

Punit

Hi All,

We have a reqirement of storing double byte characters using API calls. Is there any prerequisite of being able to insert the double byte data in Salesforce.

Also when we tried putting Chinese characters in salesforce while creating an account in address fields online, and then we changed the language of our account to Chinese in setup for the username. The data was still being shown as unicode characters and was not being displayed in native language. Is there something that we are missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,
I am in the process of bulding an application to provide Single Sign on functionality to a salesportal. To be able to test it, I need Single Sign on enabled on one of the developer accounts. What is the process of getting this option enabled?

Hi community,

I am trying to insert data into the Weblinks in SAlesForce using the create call and API version 6. However at the time of insertion i am returned with the StatusCode INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST and the message as "PageEnumOrId: bad value for restricted picklist field: accountDetail". Can anybody tell me how can i insert the data in the weblinks. Suggestion will be appritiated.

Thanks & Regards

Siddharth

Hi,

We are trying to populate a custom field(Last Calculated date) of type datetime in SFDC. The requirement is to populate this date after some calculations are done using API. This date is not being populated correctly in salesforce and all the dates have a 12 hours difference from what they should be. Comparing Last Modified Date and custom field Last Calculated Date, custom field has a 12 hours less value than modified date as below:

Last Calculated Date       Opportunity Id                   Last Modified Date

6/20/2005 3:15 PM           00630000001m7j3AAA    6/21/2005 3:15 AM 

We are using getServerTimeStamp to get the dates as below:

xElemnt(4) = Doc.CreateElement(_LineitemLastCalculatedDate)

xElemnt(4).InnerText = Format(objService.getServerTimestamp.timestamp.ToUniversalTime, "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss")

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Punit

Hi,

I want to update the reference fields (e.g. in Opportunity object field AccountId). It is giving me an error saying that AccountId field cannot be updated.

Do we need to delete and create the related objects in case we want to change the reference id or there is some better way out?

Thanks

Punit