• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How can I create a product via the API using the Create method, when the service returns a  required field is missing error (PricebookID)?  I haven't created the product yet so how can it have a Pricebook ID?  I also want to use an external ID field as the primary key, but this field is not part of the Product object when created, it is created in Product2?  Do I have to create the product directly in the Product2 object?  Any assistance on this would be appreciated

Cheers,

Ian
OK...why can't I create a product, using the External ID flag for the key (call it somesite_product_SKU__c)?  I created a custome field, designated it an External ID, yet when I try to create the prodcut,  get the following error:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>sf:INVALID_FIELD</faultcode><faultstring>INVALID_FIELD: No such column &apos;Nexternal_Product_SKU__c&apos; on entity &apos;product&apos;. </faultstring><detail><sf:fault xsi:type="sf:InvalidFieldFault"><sf:exceptionCode>INVALID_FIELD</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>No such column &apos;Nexternal_Product_SKU__c&apos; on entity &apos;product&apos;. </sf:exceptionMessage><sf:row>-1</sf:row><sf:column>-1</sf:column></sf:fault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

The field exists in Product 2 not Product even though I used the custom field setup in Product to establish this relationship.  I need to use an External ID and the Product object fields not the fields available by Product 2.....anone have any idea about this???

TIA

Ian

Has anyone seen this before?  We are using an External ID field to bind account records between two systems and use the Upsert API call.  We have found a couple of instances where an Account record is created twice, using the same External ID value.  I thought this was not possible when using the External ID field in conjunction with Upsert.

Any ideas?
Hi all,

Can anyone answer this?

If a Customer with SF-Professional license embeds the (signed) applet into S-Control and forwards API Fields “API Session ID” and “API Enterprise/Partner Server URL” as parameters to this applet, will this customer be able to execute API calls from this applet without additional authorization and authentication (using just Session ID and Server URL)? If yes, which server URL does the customer has to use – Enterprise or Partner?

Thanks in advance,

IGS
All, Has anyone experienced this? I have an XSLT that creates a dynamic SOAP envelope to query SF for recently updated records.

Start date is a configurable user parameter, and end date is based on local system time However, if I change a record at say 09:30:05 am and run the GetUpdated transaction a minute after it, I get no results back. Is there a 24 hour rollover involved here? Do I need to wait until midnight of the next day to retrieve these records. I don't want to use Java or code to resolve this. I should be able to do this through the SOAP interface without coding. Any ideas? Thanks a ton Ian Shuler

Message Edited by igs1964 on 02-13-2006 01:38 PM

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried to build the sForce 5 SOAP messages on the fly from an XSLT using XML data from another operation?

I have tried several things but it seems that SOAP does not like xsl:value-of statements inside the type tags...

I want avoid using a programmatic method to do this if possible, although if it has to be this way I am using the JAVA platform for development.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome...

igs1964

Has anyone seen this before?  We are using an External ID field to bind account records between two systems and use the Upsert API call.  We have found a couple of instances where an Account record is created twice, using the same External ID value.  I thought this was not possible when using the External ID field in conjunction with Upsert.

Any ideas?
How can I create a product via the API using the Create method, when the service returns a  required field is missing error (PricebookID)?  I haven't created the product yet so how can it have a Pricebook ID?  I also want to use an external ID field as the primary key, but this field is not part of the Product object when created, it is created in Product2?  Do I have to create the product directly in the Product2 object?  Any assistance on this would be appreciated

Cheers,

Ian
All, Has anyone experienced this? I have an XSLT that creates a dynamic SOAP envelope to query SF for recently updated records.

Start date is a configurable user parameter, and end date is based on local system time However, if I change a record at say 09:30:05 am and run the GetUpdated transaction a minute after it, I get no results back. Is there a 24 hour rollover involved here? Do I need to wait until midnight of the next day to retrieve these records. I don't want to use Java or code to resolve this. I should be able to do this through the SOAP interface without coding. Any ideas? Thanks a ton Ian Shuler

Message Edited by igs1964 on 02-13-2006 01:38 PM

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried to build the sForce 5 SOAP messages on the fly from an XSLT using XML data from another operation?

I have tried several things but it seems that SOAP does not like xsl:value-of statements inside the type tags...

I want avoid using a programmatic method to do this if possible, although if it has to be this way I am using the JAVA platform for development.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome...

igs1964