• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom object lookup field (RF_Reseller__c) in our opportunities that defines what company is handling the opp.  What I want to do is create a formula field that outputs "Direct sale" when the lookup field has our company name in it, and "Indirect sale" when it's any other value (i.e. our resellers).

What I've got is

IF(CONTAINS(RF_Reseller__c , "ABC Co."), "Direct Sale", "Indirect Sale")

I get no syntax errors, but every opp comes back with the false value (Indirect sale), even when the lookup field is "ABC Co." with case-sensitivity taken into account.

Any idea how I can get a simple IF like this to return a certain text value based on the value in a lookup field?

Message Edited by tomc1227 on 02-05-2009 04:52 PM

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?

I'm trying to get the Contacts Related List on the Account Detail Page to display records in ascending order by Last Name.  When I click the "Contact Name" field and select "Ascending" in the Page Layout editor, the Contacts sort by First Name.  For example, "Aaron Zimmerman" would show at the very top of the Contact List instead of at the bottom.  This isn't very helpful for our users and makes finding duplicate difficult.

I am aware that I can add a "Last Name" field and sort by that, but this seems redundant since the Contact Name is already there (and cannot be removed).

How can I get these records to sort alphabetically by Last Name without adding the "Last Name" field to the Related List?

On a related note, does anyone know the default sort order for Contacts in SFDC?  It appears to group them by Created Date in our org.  Help & Training didn't specify - it only stated that each related list has a different default sort order.

Thanks for any ideas...

We have a custom object lookup field (RF_Reseller__c) in our opportunities that defines what company is handling the opp.  What I want to do is create a formula field that outputs "Direct sale" when the lookup field has our company name in it, and "Indirect sale" when it's any other value (i.e. our resellers).

What I've got is

IF(CONTAINS(RF_Reseller__c , "ABC Co."), "Direct Sale", "Indirect Sale")

I get no syntax errors, but every opp comes back with the false value (Indirect sale), even when the lookup field is "ABC Co." with case-sensitivity taken into account.

Any idea how I can get a simple IF like this to return a certain text value based on the value in a lookup field?

Message Edited by tomc1227 on 02-05-2009 04:52 PM
I am creating several mail merge templates for my client. One of the templates requires me to list the opportunity line items twice in the same document. When I test the document, the line items only appear in the first section, but in the repeated section they show up as lines. Looks like it is expecting to continue from the first table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JMAN
  • September 05, 2008