• 15 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Based on the description for the Suspended rectype in the License Manager App ("... violation of terms or non-payment"), it would seem one could change the rectype if either of those situations occurs.  The question is, if this happens, for instance non-payment, and the app is 100% native, how can one disable or force an uninstall of the app from the offending company's org?  If not possible now, will this be available?
hello, 

Can i delete CustomField with use of SFAPI.
  • June 14, 2007
Hello,

I have distributed a unmanaged package with custom feilds in the past. Now I want to go for the managed package without custom fields. I am using custom feilds in the Scontrol. But when I add this component in the package it takes customes fileds as well and does not allow me to delete it. Is there any way by which I can prevent the addition of custom feilds to the package.

Looking forward for the help....
hello,

we have one AppExchange Application which installed with use of  Unmanaged Package, this app contains the CustomFields.  now we are going to convert Unmanaged to Managed Package. now  we need to uninstall UnManaged Packaged from all of our client's account, in this case those customfields also remove from the client's account. so in client loose his data stored in custom filed.  so is their any way to not to loose this custom filed data while upgrading the package from Unmanaged to Managed. 
  • June 05, 2007
I would like to know, how to set the test drive data, since the eval user is readonly, so there is no New button to see the screens also.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Bhaskar Roy
www.chikpea.com
hello,

I had created one Managed Package in my developer account. for that i need to set Namespace to so now how i can get that namespace by SF api..
  • May 28, 2007
Hi,

Automatic creation of Leads in my License Management Organization (LMO) for each installation of my managed package is a wonderful feature.

Is this a totally FREE feature? Are there any costs involved in implementing this?

Thanks in Advance,
Sanal
  • May 26, 2007
Hi,

When updating a web link's url or an scontrol's content through the api, we get an error stating that "Cannot modify managed object".

Our web links and scontrols are in fact components of a managed package, but we did not encounter this problem with SFDC Winter 07 release. Is this a new behaviour (in Spring 07 release)? Is there a suggested work around as these managed components contain placeholders that need to be updated after the managed app is installed and activated.

Thanks,
de
  • March 15, 2007
It seems I can only have one managed package in a DE org. This is the message I'm receiving: "You have selected the following as the only managed package for this Salesforce organization: "

I also do not have the ability to Edit my global managed package settings (the Edit button disappeared).

Any guidance on this?

Thx

I have a managed package which has been published to the AppExchange.  I now want to remove a couple of items from the package and re-publish it.  But when I look at the package detail, most of the items in the package do not have a Remove link next to them.  How can I remove them?
I have some reports and S-Controls that reference record types on standard objects. In the past these have been appexchangeable. With Winter 07 I am now getting errors:

This item depends on another item that is not included in this package. Record Type: Gift

or just:

This item depends on another item that is not included in this package.

In the past, my code wasn't inspected for references to record types, nor were my reports. I used to appexchange them and then fix the references in the new org.

Does anyone know if more integrity checking has been added and if there is a way around this limitation? Can I now not appexchange anything that references a record type on a standard object?

Thanks,
Steve
  • January 24, 2007
I created a package and uploaded it to App Exchange, but I later realized that I should have chosen something else for the name of my namespace.  How do I now edit my namespace?  By clicking on the "Help on this page" link on I read this (on "Setup" -> "Exchange" -> "Shared Apps"):

"This [edit] button does not appear if you have already configured your developer settings"

So, that answers my original question of where the "edit" button went, but now I want to edit my developer settings.  How do I do so?

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
When I go to "Setup" -> "Exchange" -> "Shared Apps"

It says this at the top of the frame:

Your current developer settings are listed below. These settings determine the types of packages you can create and upload to the AppExchange Directory. To change these settings, click Edit.

But there is no "Edit" button.  What should I do, anyone have any ideas?  Strangely enough, I believe I did have an Edit button the first time I went to this page, because I remember filling in the information (like NameSpace, and was able to install the Licence Manager).

Thanks,

-Chris
  • January 23, 2007
Hi all,

Would it be possible currently to do update with sforce data loader using non-salesforce ID as the key?

Thanks,

• November 07, 2006
Hi,

I am interested to know if the following can be packaged and uploaded (to be part of the downloadable app), and if so how:

1) Workflow rules, tasks, alerts
2) Email templates
3) Customized page layouts of standard objects (such as Opportunity)
4) New profiles created to specify access/security settings on custom/standard objects - I was able to upload Profile settings but while mapping the setting to an existing profile on the downloading account, does all local settings of that local profile get overwritten by the mapped profile setting? If not how would this work?

I would also like to know about the recommendation regarding custom app packaging - should the package have only the custom app which in turn should be associated to all custom items (such as objects, links, s-controls, tabs) or should each of these also be included individually in the package?

I would greatly appreciate information on the same.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • October 13, 2006
How can I include sample data with an uploaded package?  One of my custom objects that gets deployed needs some initial data in it (metadata) for things to work smoothly, but I cannot seem to get some of these data values uploaded with the rest of my custom objects, reports, tabs, scontrols, dashboards, etc when I upload the package privately to AppExchange for testing.  Is there any way to include sample data?
Has anyone else seen this?

1) Create a custom object
2) Create a custom field on object and mark it as "ExternalID"
3) Use field as primary key in upsert calls and all works fine.
4) Package and upload to AppExchange
5) ExternalID gets set to false. Upserts fail.

Perhaps AppExchange pre-processing makes the assumption that only customers can defined External IDs? That makes sense for native objects, but not custom objects designed to behave in a composite context.

Bug? Operator error in packaging? Expected behavior?

Thx!

-Mike