• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I cannot get the scripts to install but the account I use on my Mac is not an admin account.  When I su as an admin account (in terminal) and run Maildrop, the scripts install okay.  The problem is that the scripts get installed for the admin user and not the user I normally use.  Are there any work-arounds in order to get the scripts to install as my (non-admin) user?  Am I missing some obvious step?

Thanks,
  • May 31, 2007

Word just in ...

Apparently the latest Microsoft Outlook 2003 security patch released on the 8th January 2007 may affect the send and add functionality with Outlook Edition 2.

The link to the Microsoft Outlook 2003 security patch can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924085

You can get more information, including work arounds from Salesforce.com by searching for solution 6135.

I'm curious to hear if other users have been experiencing problems after installing this security patch?

• January 17, 2007

Word just in ...

Apparently the latest Microsoft Outlook 2003 security patch released on the 8th January 2007 may affect the send and add functionality with Outlook Edition 2.

The link to the Microsoft Outlook 2003 security patch can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924085

You can get more information, including work arounds from Salesforce.com by searching for solution 6135.

I'm curious to hear if other users have been experiencing problems after installing this security patch?

• January 17, 2007
Three of us at our company are having an issue with Outlook Edition 3.2 using Outlook 2003 and Word 2000, where we get a "runtime error" in winword.exe when closing word docs. Does Salesforce Outlook Edition 3.2 support Word 2000 at all?
  • September 18, 2007
Hi everyone.

I'm relatively new to salesforce.  My computer was just upgraded to Outlook 2007 and I now realize that the Outlook Edition 2.0 doesn't work.  As the blogs instructed, I called my sales rep.  He said that I have to wait until Aug. for the full release.

Can someone on this group help me?  My life is going to be miserable over the next couple of weeks without Outlook Edition.  I'm happy to use a limited release version, until the full release version is available.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Has anyone else had a problem with emails disappearing?  I've sent an email to an Account and it appears in Activity History and the HTML Email Status Report.  So far, so good.  However, I've noticed that some of the emails I've sent have disappeared a few days later (i.e. they are no longer listed in Activity History and the HTML Email Status Report).  Is this a problem with Outlook sync?  Anyone else noticed this?
The last two days I have started getting errors (Unable to send request to server. The server name or address could not be resolved.) when trying to add emails to Salesforce.

The server URL is:

Has anyone else started having this problem? Is there a fix or an update that will resolve it?

Thanks and regards,
Rob

Hi,
 With the offline edition can we download other tabs? I would like to download the Cases tab and Products tab. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Divya
  • June 27, 2007
One of my users is trying to sync his tasks and events logged into the PocketPC version of Outlook and would like to be able to associate these activities with Accounts and etc.  (I know this functionality will not be available until the 3.0 release but I am hoping to get an early copy).  However, he claims that the Contacts field does not appear on the activities screen when using his PocketPC.  I have to confess, I have never even seen the scaled down version of Outlook so I do not know how to help him.  Has anyone else run into this problem?
When you sync tasks between outlook and sf, you cant relate a Contact (or Account) to the task?  Is there a non-manual workaround to this?  Since Outlook tasks have a "Contacts" button on them that allows you to link the task to one of your outlook contacts, I would have thought that this would already work.
Hello mates,

I have prepared a ghost image of Windows XP Professional SP2 and it includes the Outlook Edition 2.0. Add-in, which works fine if I log on the computer with a local user, no exchange. When I join a Windows 2003 server domain I set up, the Add-in takes around 10 min to finally open and let use Outlook 2003 with exchange normally. Any ideas?

Server: server 2003 standard with group policy applied to some users (the add-in has the same issue with users in the gpo and out of the gpo) Exchange 2003 standard as email server.

Client: wxp pro sp2 office xp (2002) and outlook 2003 joining the domain controlled by the server. Folder redirection enabled in every user's profile (provided again by te server) Connection to their exchange mailbox using outlook 2003. Salesforce office and outlook add-ins installed.

Thanks in advance,
It has been for more than 2 months since the pilot version released, and no confirmation on the status...
Hello SF Community,
I am using the Salesforce office edition plug-in for excel.  I am not using excel connector, yet.
In any case, the question I had was this.  I imported several reports onto several worksheets in my excel workbook.  If I modify any data in any of the cells, and then hit refresh all sheets, will this update the salesforce database, or will it overwrite any changes in the spreadsheet with data from sf database?

I would normally play around to find the answer, but I am working with live data and cannot afford to miss anything or have anyone report an incorrect value.

Thank you,
~nsirota
I am an Admin trying to install Outlook Edition throughout my company and before I roll it out completely, I would like to clarify one aspect of the installation that I am having trouble with- the User Permissions tab and the changes I need to make to the O_Dictionary. 

According to the Advanced OE Admin tipsheet, I go to the User Permissions tab, select the modification options I want and then click Show File to open the settings file O_Dictionary.xml. Once I open this file, I see the following code:
   Note: The OverrideOptions value attribute determines whether the user is in restricted mode or not.
   -->
 <XOverrideOptions value="true">
  <CanModifySyncEntities value="false"/>
  <Sync entity="Contact" value="false"/>
  <Sync entity="Event" value="true"/>
  <Sync entity="Task" value="true"/>
  <CanModifySyncDirection value="false"/>
  <SyncDirection entity="Contact" value="Both"/>
  <SyncDirection entity="Event" value="Import"/>
  <SyncDirection entity="Task" value="Export"/>
  <CanModifyConflictResolution value="false"/>
 </XOverrideOptions>
 <OverrideOptions value="false"><CanModifySyncEntities value="true"/><CanModifySyncDirection value="true"/><CanModifyConflictResolution value="true"/><CustomTemplateClasses value=""/><Sync entity="Contact" value="false"/><SyncDirection entity="Contact" value="Both"/><ConflictResolution entity="Contact" value="Notify"/><SyncDirection entity="Event" value="Both"/><ConflictResolution entity="Event" value="Notify"/><SyncDirection entity="Task" value="Both"/><ConflictResolution entity="Task" value="Notify"/></OverrideOptions></Document>

When I followed the tipsheet instructions and changed the XOverrideOptions to OverrideOptions and saved the file, the User Permissions tab disappeared as expected. However, I went back into the file and put back the X to make the User Permissions tab reappear, and it did not. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook Edition because I did not know how else to make it reappear.

So, I am not sure if I followed the instructions properly, and I am not sure what exactly I need to change when the tipsheet says to 'Change the XOverrideOptions attribute to OverrideOptions'.  I would like to be able to adjust the User Permissions and bring back that tab. Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, what does the Restore button do, and is this how I can get the User Permissions tab back?

I tried to locate other resources and guides about the Outlook Edition, but was not successful. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

thanks,
Anthia
Hello.  I want to confirm that I can login to multiple SFDC instances with Offline Edition.  (Not logging into them at the same time.)  But I assume that the data is all separated on the client side, so there's no way that the data would be merged/mangled between instances, right? 

Thanks
Chris

• May 18, 2007
I am an admin supporting a five user sales group using the Salesforce Plug in for Outlook on Outlook 2007.  Out of these users, one user has recently lost the ability to connect to Salesforce via the plug in, when she attempts to add a contact to Salesforce from Outlook, she gets the message; "Failed to log into SalesForce: an http error was encountered while processing your request. Unable to send a request to the server. The system cannot find the file specified. "

If anyone has any ideas, help would be much appreciated.  We have tried reinstalling the plug in.
I know..it's horrible..what if we're still running Outlook 2000?
Is there any way we can sync with Salesforce?
hi - addresses from our exchange users don't use the resolved address (x@us.com) but rather exchange native x400 directory list. sync chokes and addresses won't sync. has anyone else seen this and whats the solution? tnks, Bill
I have a new Dell Latitude D620 running Windows VIsta and Office XP.  I have tried to install the Office Edition  and then when I open word or excel I receive the above message.  I have managed to install the excel connector without problems and the outlook edition seems to be working fine.
Hello,

With the new sync funtionality, it seems that any useful identifying information (account or contact name) related to a task or event is no longer appended during sync. This means I have a dozen 'followup call' entries in my task list and I have no idea what accounts or contacts any of my events relate to. I know I can right click and View in Salesforce but this is hardly useful sync functionality.

I have logged this with customer support and have been told that my 'feature request' will be considered. I know that the previous sync mechanism using intellisync appended identifying information - this 2.0 release is a major downgrade in functionality/usability.

I am really surprised to not see more people complaing loudly about this issue. Does nobody else care about this?

Ian Lyons
  • March 05, 2006