• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am having an issue with my SOQL command.

I am getting a MALFORMED_QUERY exception. 

My query is a fairly straightforward, although long, select statement.  The total statement is 6428 bytes, well under the 10,000 byte limit stated in the documentation.

I have generated the same query in the sforce explorer, and it fails there too. 

Using the sforce explorer I reduced the list of criteria one at a time.  I kept removing blocks of code.  At length 4882 the query still failed.  At length 4221 it started failing.

We've been searching everything, including our version control.  We have pulled out an old version from source control dated June 14th.  We ran the tool on that date and it worked correctly.  When we attempted to run it today, it fails with the error.

One of our developers realised that something HAS changed, which is the migration to a new server.

Is anyone aware of a length problem?
I know I can pull the live version down to the sandbox.  The 'once per month' issue is annoying, but we can live with it.

Assuming I make some changes that I want to post back up from the sandbox back to production, how would I do that?  What if I only wanted to post back a portion of my changes?

Thanks,

Exception message:

SOAP Exception!
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1516423793-3575

Do I need to contact technical support for this, or can somebody here explain what's going on?
When I call the 7.0 api's query command, I get an exception.

There is an error in XML document (1, 519).
----> System.FormatException : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

The position number varies based on the query, but the exception flows out of sforce.query().

Any ideas on where to look?

The full exception is:

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at GAPClientInfo.SForce.SforceService.query(String queryString) in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\Web References\SForce\Reference.cs:line 678
at GAPClientInfo.GAPClientData.UpdateGeocodeCache(IDbConnection connection) in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientData.cs:line 106
at GAPClientInfo.GAPClientDataTests.CUpdateTest() in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientData.cs:line 147
--InvalidOperationException
at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExactMultiple(String s, String[] formats, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)
at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String[] formats, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles style)
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDateTime(String s, String[] formats)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDateTime(String value, String[] formats)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDate(String value)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ToDate(String value)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read38_NullableOfDateTime(Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read39_Contact(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read109_sObject(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read123_QueryResult(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read157_queryResponse()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer57.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

Message Edited by Bryan Wagstaff on 01-19-2006 04:15 PM

Manual testing of these systems is tedius, especially as our Enterprise solution grows.

We've been using NUnit and FitNesse for our local projects for quite some time and enjoy them. For anybody who hasn't discovered it, after you try TDD the way things work here feel completely amature. TDD gives you assurance that a change to one page or class doesn't accidently break anything else, and helps ensure that you only build the things you need.

I've been trying to get FitNesse HTML test fixtures in place for our SalesForce.com content. I'm getting frustrated with how difficult this is, compared to the relative ease of our own local software.

I see no reason why we should spend hours to manually test the entire solution (possibly missing test paths) after making a set of changes. Automated testing tools are able to do it in seconds, or perhaps minutes since it's all through HTTP. What a waste of my team's time! Unfortunately working with the generated names and HTML fixtures has been quite a pain.

I'm not looking for testing the local code and portals, since we already have our other code under test.

Has anybody been able to successfully use automated test tools against SalesForce.com?

If so, please share your experiences.
I am having an issue with my SOQL command.

I am getting a MALFORMED_QUERY exception. 

My query is a fairly straightforward, although long, select statement.  The total statement is 6428 bytes, well under the 10,000 byte limit stated in the documentation.

I have generated the same query in the sforce explorer, and it fails there too. 

Using the sforce explorer I reduced the list of criteria one at a time.  I kept removing blocks of code.  At length 4882 the query still failed.  At length 4221 it started failing.

We've been searching everything, including our version control.  We have pulled out an old version from source control dated June 14th.  We ran the tool on that date and it worked correctly.  When we attempted to run it today, it fails with the error.

One of our developers realised that something HAS changed, which is the migration to a new server.

Is anyone aware of a length problem?
I made this sforce.query() call...

m_queryArray = oSFDCQuery.ExecuteQuery("select Support_Code__c, Name, CreatedByID, CreatedDate, Amount__c, Asset_Typ__c from Asset_Activity_Log__C where AccountID__c = '00130000005CZLD' ", oLogin);

With the "CreatedDate" in the query receive the following error...

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime." as my inner exception

The Full Stack trace is as follows....

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at SFDCLibrary.Sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString)

at SFDCLibrary.SFDCQuery.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, cLogin oLogin)

at LicenceDetails.GetActivityLog() in s:\Projects\2005\AssetManager\LicenceDetails.aspx.cs:line 102

Now when i do not have "CreatedDate" everything works fine. And the query worked fine up until this morning when i made the following change. Thru SFDC setup i adjusted my custom object. I had  field i changed from numeric(7,0) to a text field.  I downloaded a new WSDL and deployed it.

Any ideas or suggestions to what i might have done wrong?

Exception message:

SOAP Exception!
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1516423793-3575

Do I need to contact technical support for this, or can somebody here explain what's going on?
When I call the 7.0 api's query command, I get an exception.

There is an error in XML document (1, 519).
----> System.FormatException : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

The position number varies based on the query, but the exception flows out of sforce.query().

Any ideas on where to look?

The full exception is:

at GAPClientInfo.SForce.SforceService.query(String queryString) in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\Web References\SForce\Reference.cs:line 678
at GAPClientInfo.GAPClientData.UpdateGeocodeCache(IDbConnection connection) in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientData.cs:line 106
at GAPClientInfo.GAPClientDataTests.CUpdateTest() in C:\Documents and Settings\bwagstaff\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientInfo\GAPClientData.cs:line 147
--InvalidOperationException
at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExactMultiple(String s, String[] formats, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)
at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String[] formats, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles style)
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDateTime(String s, String[] formats)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDateTime(String value, String[] formats)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDate(String value)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ToDate(String value)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read38_NullableOfDateTime(Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read39_Contact(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read109_sObject(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read123_QueryResult(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSforceService.Read157_queryResponse()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer57.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)

Message Edited by Bryan Wagstaff on 01-19-2006 04:15 PM

I'm trying to implement the sample Google Maps S-Control, and not having much luck.

I'm about ready to abandon the idea, but thought I'd check for some assistance first.

I'm referring to the sample s-Control which does not require your own server, and is described at:
    http://salesforce.breezecentral.com/buildgmaps/

I've followed the proscribed steps of:
   > Adding two custom fields to Account, Contact, and Lead
   > Building the sControl from the sample code
   > Creating a Web tab
   > Configuring the browser to allow "Access data sources across domains"

When I open the page, I get:

> Pop-up message:
"The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. You can generate a new key for this web site at http://www.google.com/apis/maps"

> Errors displaying the page:
"Line 721, char 2, Error: 'GIcon' is undefined, Code 0
URL: https://ssl.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N00000000007b&enc-UTF-8
Line 736, char 1, Error: 'GMap' is undefined, Code 0
URL: https://salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N00000000007b&enc-UTF-8

> The dialogs (e.g. picking criteria and searching) don'e function.

I tried the api page mentioned in the message but, if I'm reading this right, it appears that I'd need to apply for an api key for one of the salesforce.com urls?

Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Scot

Updated the first link, and removed links which are just text.

Message Edited by Scot on 07-27-2005 05:53 PM

• July 27, 2005