• 7344 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

WE have set up a site on production. When we go default web address, its NOT  working but when I go to secure site address, its coming up. When I go to default web address, its throwing me Authorization required error. I look into object level and field level secutiry everything...whatcould be it..Please help!!

Can anyone explain the difference between High-Volume Customer Portal licenses (which are currently in pilot) and Authenticated Web User licenses (which are GA and described as a type of HVCP)? The specific use case we want to support, and have working with full Customer Portal licenses, is:

• We have some Sites pages that should be visible by anyone and some that are only visible to logged in users
  • We model a page as a custom object
  • We use custom sharing rules to ensure that pages that are public are shared with both Sites (Guest) users and CP users and that pages that require login are only shared with CP users

We have a release that does exactly the same using HVCP and we want to take it into production but are being blocked because the licenses are not yet GA. What does it mean to use AWU instead?

Hello all,

we are exploring the possibility of creating a salesforce site that would be protected by active directory authentication (LDAP). Does anyone have experience with this, or thoughts on how it might be accomplished? I don't know much about how sites store session data, or how to make data persist across pages. Any information in that venue would be much appreciated as well. Thank you.

I have created a vf page and assigned the page to the force.com site

there are some buttons on the page like create case. When I am clicking the button on the site to create it is not working.

plz let me know how can I get the buttons working on the site to create and save

Hi

I have a time & date field set up in a custom object, it works fine.  however when I use the field in a VF page & publish onto my site it sets the time back by an hour ie 21:00 (time in SF field) appears as 20:00.  Its the same in chrome & firefox but ok when viewed as a VF page in SF.

Help !!

hi,

I have a requirement where i meed to build visualforce pages for a salesforce site where the users login and can see the reports and download and print also.

1.Is it possible to build a report on VF page since i dont see any examples in documentations.

2. THe users with salesforce license can login in into my site and view reports?

3.Can we expose reports to sites?

4. How can we display a report on VF page?

please help me on this issue.I am scratching my head i have never gone thru this kind if requirement,

cheers---

I want to set up Feeds/RSS for my public facing site. I am wondering if everytime an RSS reader refreshes will it count against my Page View limits since these are served up as visualforce pages? I could not find tihs in the Documentation. Anyone?

Hi all,

Is there a way to set the From Email Id when sending an email to a Site user after he submits the application form? I guess in Email Administration, there is no provision to set the Organization Wide Email Id for a Guest User. For now, the From Address has my email Id when an email is sent. I have written the code for sending an email because I couldnt find a way to change the display name of the user in workflow. Atleast is there a way to change the From to another Sys Admin User?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Hello all

I am new to Force.com Sites. Question, for a site is it possible to have more than one css file and multiple site templates, for different areas of the site?

Kind regards

Bash

• July 14, 2010

I am 99.9% sure I have set access control correctly. The page displays, but for some reason it will not display/render an <apex:inputField>. Nothing shows up at all. Doesn't throw an error, it just seems to be ignoring any and all <apex:inputField>'s. Any ideas? This is all under a testing dev org. Thank you!

• July 09, 2010

what is customer portal and self-service portal.Are they both are same .because i dont see anywhere in my org saying customer portal.

i have a small requirement.i have a custom object guestuser__c. i have a web page where the user logsin with this emal address and the verification will be like if the email address is existing in leads or contacts he i allowed to login. when the user successfully logsin i have a created a page in editable displaying the lead or contact info referring to email address he has provided during login.  so if the user changes his info on the page and click save the edited data should be saved in guestuser object.

this functionality worked great in normal VF page but when i put the page in sites its not saving the data in custom object.

i have checked all the CRUD and FLS permissions and made everything enabled for custom object but still i am having issue . can anybody help inthis issue.

does any one knoiw how to make custom objects available for a customer portal user Profile?

I inquired with the salesforce support and they told me it is not possible. But I went through lot of forums that talked about custom objects and the customer portal user profiles.

have anyone of you has a workaround. please share.

Guys,

Any idea why this visualforce page is not letting a guest user view the page (despite having the correct rights) when a Case Id is passed through the URL?

I can see the page without the additional info at the end of the URL - but obviously theres no data for the subject or account ID.

Thanks in advance.

<apex:page standardcontroller="Case"> test This is an issue type of {!Case.subject} for {!Case.AccountId}. </apex:page>

How can I access the $Site global variables from within apex? Specifically I want the $SIte.OriginalURL value.

Thanks.

• June 18, 2010

Hi,

I not quite sure if this post gets in here!

we have a Customer portal site (Not force.com sites) and around 25,000 users.we have now built force.com sites and want to use this as our future customer portal site.We now want to migrate all those 25,000 users to salesforce.

What i am curious to know is, how do i send them a new password after migrated to salesforce?

I know that we can use Data Loader and create New Users.But through UI we can create a View and use reset Password(s).But this approach too would not display all 25,000 at a time.I want to know if at all there is any other way we could accomplish this.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

Hi,

we have a Ideas like portal for our customers and Partners to exchange ideas.We are using force.com sites for this and exposing standard ideas object.

Also we have login enabled for our customer portal.we are using standard user registration page out of the box.

The issue is:

When ever users register with our site, salesforce appends the following string to username to make it unique and of type email.

"customerportalID.na6.force.com"

ex: assume the following user registers with our site:

Mark Price

1) he enters username as MarkPrice

2) fills in all other fields and clicks register.

Now his username would be, MarkPrice@06080000000078a.na6.force.com.

If Mark Price wants to login to the site, he has to enter MarkPrice@06080000000078a.na6.force.com as his username.

It is quite tedious to remember such a username.

why is salesforce not enforcing any client side validations in user registration and force the user to enter a username of type email address?

is there any way/workaround that i can by pass this string appending to the username?

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

My developer org was upgraded to Summer '10. I'm unable to implement a Site.UrlRewriter as per the developer docs. Returns the error: Invalid class: urlrewriter.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to use the Url Rewriter functionality in my developer edition account but can't seem to get it working.  I get an invalid class error message when creating my apex class (see below) and I also can't see the URL Rewriter field in the Site itself.  Is there something I need to do to get this working or is this not available yet?  I assumed it should be available now my developer edition account has been upgraded to Summer '10.

I'm using this code in my apex class:

global class yourClass implements Site.UrlRewriter {

global PageReference mapRequestUrl(PageReference yourFriendlyUrl)
    {
    }

global PageReference[] generateUrlFor(PageReference[] yourSalesforceUrls)
    {
    }
}

The error I get is:

Error: Compile Error: Invalid class: urlrewriter at line 1 column 35  

I want to allow users to create records of a custom object from Site's public home page. I have created the page and can view the form correctly. I have used the standard controller for MyObject on the page. The form has two lookup fields which are two other custom objects (MyLookup1 and MyLookup2). When I click on the lookup icon, the authentication required page shows up instead of showing list of looked up object.

On site public access settings, I have given Read/Create access for MyObject and Read/View All permission for the objects MyLookup1and MyLookup2. All of these are custom objects created by me. How can I make sure that lookup popup will not ask for authentication?

Please send me an email (bcinarkaya@salesforce.com) If you have implemented force.com PayPal toolkit for a real life use case.

Force.com Sites Usage Reporting Package gives you reports and a dashboard to analyze usage (monthly page views, daily bandwidth, and daily request time) for your Force.com Sites
Message Edited by Bulent on 03-10-2010 12:17 PM

CMSforce is a great Force.com Labs application that allows business users:

• Manage your websites content using a WYSIWYG editor
  • Create web page templates for a uniform look and feel on your site
  • Create public landing pages and collect information into any object in Salesforce

You can find this app free on AppExchange. 

The code is also available as an opensource project at code share

Message Edited by Bulent on 07-16-2009 11:03 AM

Hi All,

Few days back i created a site vf page showing feed of my custom object (Job).  Every thing was working fine. My object feed a visible on site and i was able to add new feed  comments. 

But from last two three day i am not able to access the vf page with feed object (Job__feed). I try to debug for the cause. i am getting following debug logs :

12:44:25.851|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01pT00000005Mon|DebugPage invoke(debugNow)

12:44:25.851|METHOD_ENTRY|[12]|Blob.toString()

12:44:25.851|METHOD_ENTRY|[12]|System.PageReference.getContent()

12:44:26.112|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[12]|System.VisualforceException: Access to entity 'Job__Feed' denied

12:44:26.112|METHOD_EXIT|[12]|System.PageReference.getContent()

12:44:26.112|METHOD_EXIT|[12]|Blob.toString()

12:44:26.112|METHOD_ENTRY|[15]|Blob.toString()

12:44:26.112|METHOD_ENTRY|[15]|System.PageReference.getContent()

12:44:26.324|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[15]|System.VisualforceException: Access to entity 'Job__Feed' denied

12:44:26.324|METHOD_EXIT|[15]|System.PageReference.getContent()

12:44:26.324|METHOD_EXIT|[15]|Blob.toString()

12:44:26.324|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|DebugPage invoke(debugNow)

12:44:26.327|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE

12:44:26.327|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|

Debug logs say: System.VisualforceException: Access to entity 'Job__Feed' denied.  I try to look for setting though which i can grant access to this Job__Feed object. But i found none. More over thing was working fine before getting this error without doing any access setting for feed objects. 

Is there any chatter update in winter 11 which is limiting the feed object access to force.com sites. I am doing all this on my sandbox org.

I really got stuck in this , as every thing was done but finally not running. 

Any help from you guys will really appreciated.  Thanks in advance 

Ashok 

I am trying to submit my sitemap to Google webmaster tools, and am having some issues with the robots.txt functionality.

I created a VF page called robots with this as the source:

<apex:page contentType="text/plain">
User-agent: *
Disallow:
Sitemap: www.innovationaero.com/sitemap
</apex:page>

Then I linked it to the site using the robots.txt field.

My site info is:

Default web address: innovationaero.force.com

Custom web address: www.innovationaero.com

Now, here comes the problem. These 2 files are different:

www.innovationaero.com/robots.txt (disallows everything)

www.innovationaero.com/robots (allows everything)

How do I change the default robots.txt file so that google will see my site?

Thanks!
Emily

WE have set up a site on production. When we go default web address, its NOT  working but when I go to secure site address, its coming up. When I go to default web address, its throwing me Authorization required error. I look into object level and field level secutiry everything...whatcould be it..Please help!!

Hi,

I am getting "Permission Denied " error under Status bar of IE.

I have site with drop down.When user select any product from drop down pageblock table populate the data from one salesforce object with public access.

I am use tab panel also.

Please help.

• October 07, 2010

Is there any limitations in Force.com Sites for lookup fields of custom objects? I was unable to display lookup field of custom object  in public page. But it works for preview. I granted all permissions to that object.  I checked with adding lookup field of standard object (Account) and It works for me. More specifically I want to use Contacts as lookup field in my custom object.

• October 01, 2010

Simple question really but one that's difficult to test without messing with production systems! We have several Sites that use urls like www.mydomain1.com, www.mydomain2.com style but now need one that uses nonewww.mydomain3.com to sit alongside www.mydomain3.com (not served by force.com). Is this possible?

Hello there,

I saw the pricing of sales force as $150/user/month.

I need to create a public web application, which could have many number of users (say 1000 users) registering. If I go with salesforce, should I pay a monthly amount for all these 1000 users?

I need only two user to manage my application from salesforce admin. So, what will be the price per month? will it be 2x150 OR 1000x150 ?

Nissar

• September 21, 2010

Can anyone explain the difference between High-Volume Customer Portal licenses (which are currently in pilot) and Authenticated Web User licenses (which are GA and described as a type of HVCP)? The specific use case we want to support, and have working with full Customer Portal licenses, is:

• We have some Sites pages that should be visible by anyone and some that are only visible to logged in users
  • We model a page as a custom object
  • We use custom sharing rules to ensure that pages that are public are shared with both Sites (Guest) users and CP users and that pages that require login are only shared with CP users

We have a release that does exactly the same using HVCP and we want to take it into production but are being blocked because the licenses are not yet GA. What does it mean to use AWU instead?

Hello - fairly new at Portal so hopefully this is an easy answer but I can't seem to figure it out. I have my Site connected to a Customer Portal for authenticated login but I cannot figure out how to get the login page to redirect to the homepage of the Customer Portal which is not a VisualForce page - it's just plan old portal. Is there a way to easily do this? Am I just missing something? 

• September 03, 2010

Hi

I have prepared a site http://nbcuni.force.com/commops

My Force.com domain name is nbcuni.force.com

I have prepared a robots.txt file (VF page which allows all bots) and uploaded it in Site Robots.txt.

That robots.txt is visible at http://nbcuni.force.com/commops/robots.txt infact it should be visible at http://nbcuni.force.com/robots.txt  (in domain)

In Google Webmaster tools the bot crawls at http://nbcuni.force.com/robots.txt and are unable to find the file hence give crawl error (503)

How to get Robots.txt at the http://nbcuni.force.com/robots.txt

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to make some files we uploaded into salesforce crm content downloadable or accessible by another page via Sites. For instance, say, an mp3, either downloaded or requested by mediaplayer on a webpage.

According to the docs 'To download a document via the API, you must export the VersionData of the document.'

Well... I've tried a couple variations with a visualforce page to retrieve/export the contentversion, but (as expected) no luck.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

e.

I've got a ~6 month old developer account that I'd like to enable Sites on.  I've tried some of the older links I found on the discussion board, but they didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any help,

Dave