• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

somebody please help me on the following. Is it possible to have custom buttons in for the objects/tabs that can communicate with the webservice which is deployed in another server? If yes, will you redirect to me to some documents regarding this. I'm unable to find them :(

Thanks in Advance,
Sanal
  • March 11, 2008
Hi,

Automatic creation of Leads in my License Management Organization (LMO) for each installation of my managed package is a wonderful feature.

Is this a totally FREE feature? Are there any costs involved in implementing this?

Thanks in Advance,
Sanal
  • May 26, 2007
Hi,

Is there any way in which I can use "clientId" in the custom S-Controls for Professional Edition accounts?

I know that this was a limitation in the older version of sforce API. Is this still a limitation?

Thanks in Advance.
Sanal
  • May 17, 2007
Hi,

I have a lookup field (custom) in my custom object that is to be displayed using an S-Control. Since, on querying, I'm getting only the "Id" of the lookup field, I'm doing a "retrieve" call for fetching the original values. Is this the ideal way to do this?

This is taking significant time, since I'm having more lookup fields in my object.

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • November 24, 2006
Hi,

I have a custom object with just four custom fields. I'm unable to upsert while i'm able to update. What is that i'm doing wrong here? Please help!

var recObject = new Sforce.Dynabean("Process__c");
recObject.set("Name","myName");
recObject.set("control__c","myControl");
recObject.set("to_control__c", "newControl");
recObject.set("parameters__c", "someid");
recObject.set("ExternalId__c", "01");
//recObject.set("Id","a0D40000000gOxXEAU"); //used for update

var result = sforceClient.upsert("ExternalId__c",recObject)[0];
//var result = sforceClient.update(recObject)[0]; //this works fine.

if (result.success==true)
alert("Success");
else alert("failed");
---------------------------

Ajax Version used:

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • November 15, 2006
Hi,

I am unable to find a way to enable territory management and Multi-Currency in my Developer Edition account. I have customizable forecasting enabled as it was directly available from the tab.

I saw somewhere about logging a case for this. How can I do this in Developer Edition account?

Please Help!

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • October 17, 2006
Hi All,

I'm planning to publish a desktop/integrating application in AppExchange created using Visual Studio .net. Please tell me the steps invloved to register, submit and publish it in AppExchange? I'm unable to find any packaging or publishing guide that tells about non web-based applciations.

Thanks in advance,
sanal.

• August 17, 2006

Hi,

I've published an application named QCommission in AppExchange. Currently, it does not support Professional Edition since it needs Web-Service API support to be enabled. How can I enable this?

I came across a concept that uses clientID for enabling this. I'm able to get "client" property in the "CallOptions" object. Which value I should specify here? How can I get that value?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Sanal.

• July 19, 2006
In an S-Control, I'm retrieving the HTMLWrapper (to a string) using sforceClient.Query("Select HtmlWrapper From SControl where Id='"+str+"'");. i want to run the retrieved S-Control script. But, when i used document.write() to run the script, it throws the following error!

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 29
Error: 'sforceClient' is undefined.

Am i using bad logic to run the script?

Putting the whole thing in a simple way, How can I execute an S-Control from another S-Control? Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Sanal
  • January 03, 2006
Hi,

I wanted to upload records from Access(local PC, using C#) to salesforce.com. But, when i do this, my datetime fields are getting changed according to the timezone settings. How can i create an exact replica of my access data in salesforce.com without these kind of validations?

Please help!
Sanal
  • December 13, 2005
I'm trying to insert new record to my Customer Object that throws me an error saying "Invalid Procedure call or argument" ("Unspecified error" when tried with beta2 of dynalib.js) . I'm a beginner in this arena. please help!

here is the code that i'm using....

function addData() {
var Cust;
try {
Cust = new DynaBean("Customer__c");//error is thrown in this line
}
catch (e) {
alert(e + " - " + e.message);
}
alert("before Set");
Cust.set("Name","DynaBean Name");
Cust.set("Customer_Address__c","DynaBean Address");
Cust.set("Phone_Number__c","0998765432");
Cust.set("product_interested__c","Dyna Beans");
alert("Before Create");
var sr = sforceClient.Create([Cust]); // i tried (Cust)[0] also.
alert("Save Result:" + sr.toString());
}
  • November 24, 2005
Hi,

somebody please help me on the following. Is it possible to have custom buttons in for the objects/tabs that can communicate with the webservice which is deployed in another server? If yes, will you redirect to me to some documents regarding this. I'm unable to find them :(

Thanks in Advance,
Sanal
  • March 11, 2008
Hi,

I have a lookup field (custom) in my custom object that is to be displayed using an S-Control. Since, on querying, I'm getting only the "Id" of the lookup field, I'm doing a "retrieve" call for fetching the original values. Is this the ideal way to do this?

This is taking significant time, since I'm having more lookup fields in my object.

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • November 24, 2006
Hi,

I have a custom object with just four custom fields. I'm unable to upsert while i'm able to update. What is that i'm doing wrong here? Please help!

var recObject = new Sforce.Dynabean("Process__c");
recObject.set("Name","myName");
recObject.set("control__c","myControl");
recObject.set("to_control__c", "newControl");
recObject.set("parameters__c", "someid");
recObject.set("ExternalId__c", "01");
//recObject.set("Id","a0D40000000gOxXEAU"); //used for update

var result = sforceClient.upsert("ExternalId__c",recObject)[0];
//var result = sforceClient.update(recObject)[0]; //this works fine.

if (result.success==true)
alert("Success");
else alert("failed");
---------------------------

Ajax Version used:

Thanks in advance,
Sanal
  • November 15, 2006
Hi All,

I'm planning to publish a desktop/integrating application in AppExchange created using Visual Studio .net. Please tell me the steps invloved to register, submit and publish it in AppExchange? I'm unable to find any packaging or publishing guide that tells about non web-based applciations.

Thanks in advance,
sanal.

• August 17, 2006

Hi,

I've published an application named QCommission in AppExchange. Currently, it does not support Professional Edition since it needs Web-Service API support to be enabled. How can I enable this?

I came across a concept that uses clientID for enabling this. I'm able to get "client" property in the "CallOptions" object. Which value I should specify here? How can I get that value?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Sanal.

• July 19, 2006
In an S-Control, I'm retrieving the HTMLWrapper (to a string) using sforceClient.Query("Select HtmlWrapper From SControl where Id='"+str+"'");. i want to run the retrieved S-Control script. But, when i used document.write() to run the script, it throws the following error!

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 29
Error: 'sforceClient' is undefined.

Am i using bad logic to run the script?

Putting the whole thing in a simple way, How can I execute an S-Control from another S-Control? Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Sanal
  • January 03, 2006
Hi,

I wanted to upload records from Access(local PC, using C#) to salesforce.com. But, when i do this, my datetime fields are getting changed according to the timezone settings. How can i create an exact replica of my access data in salesforce.com without these kind of validations?

Please help!
Sanal
  • December 13, 2005
I'm trying to insert new record to my Customer Object that throws me an error saying "Invalid Procedure call or argument" ("Unspecified error" when tried with beta2 of dynalib.js) . I'm a beginner in this arena. please help!

here is the code that i'm using....

function addData() {
var Cust;
try {
Cust = new DynaBean("Customer__c");//error is thrown in this line
}
catch (e) {
alert(e + " - " + e.message);
}
alert("before Set");
Cust.set("Name","DynaBean Name");
Cust.set("Customer_Address__c","DynaBean Address");
Cust.set("Phone_Number__c","0998765432");
Cust.set("product_interested__c","Dyna Beans");
alert("Before Create");
var sr = sforceClient.Create([Cust]); // i tried (Cust)[0] also.
alert("Save Result:" + sr.toString());
}
  • November 24, 2005