• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The Winter '06 documentation states that: "Each custom object can have only one master-detail relationship, but can have many lookup relationships, up to a total of 25 relationships. Each relationship is included in the maximum number of custom fields allowed."

I have a scenario where I would like to create multiple master detail relationships with a few custom objects. For example:

Object 1 (Master) (Detail) Object 2 (Master) (Detail) Object 3 (Master) (Detail) Object 4

Is there a specific reason why this restriction is in place that I should be aware of? Or is this something coming on the roadmap?

Thanks!
  • January 20, 2006
We are looking to create some fields on custom objects that are not editable through the UI (even by the admin). These fields would only be editable when updated through the API. They are truly read-only fields for all users of the application. Is this possible? Any suggestions?
  • January 18, 2006
We are looking to create some fields on custom objects that are not editable through the UI (even by the admin). These fields would only be editable when updated through the API. They are truly read-only fields for all users of the application. Is this possible? Any suggestions?
  • January 18, 2006