• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am attempting to update the 'Contact' table with the following codes.

custom fields:

MaxLoss__c (percentage)

update($id, $maxLoss)
{
$fieldsToUpdate = array('Id'=>$id, 'MaxLoss__c'=>$maxLoss);

try {
 sObject = new SObject();
        $sObject->fields = $fieldsToUpdate;
        $sObject->type = 'Contact';
        $contact = $mySforceConnection->update(array ($sObject));

I am experiencing session error in moving from one PHP page to another. Here are the setup:

1. I have defined a URL custom tab. The URL is as follow:

2. connect.php ---

<?php
session_start();
$_SESSION['location'] = $_GET['serverurl'];
$_SESSION['sessionId'] = $_GET['sessionid'];
$_SESSION['wsdl'] = 'partner.wsdl.xml';
session_write_close();
?>

3. page2.php ---

<?php
session_start();
echo "page 2-5<br>";
echo "<br>";
echo "sessionID:(".$_SESSION['sessionId'].")<br>";
echo "location:(".$_SESSION['location'].")<br>";
echo "wsdl:(".$_SESSION['wsdl'].")<br>";
?>

When I run this URL in the SFDC custom tab, I got no data. However if I run this stand alone by entering sessionid and serverurl with any data, then I recevied proper outputs.

Can anyone help me with this?

Ted
I am running Windows XP Prof with Apache 2.0.58 with PHP 5.1.2. When attempting to run "php helloworld.php", I received the following error:

Error Fetch HTTP Headers

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ted
Is it possible to change the standard object [contact]'s {name} field's data type from name to text? In the app that I am trying to develop, the unique identifier of a contact is SSN. I would like to use that as the key. Is this possible?

Ted
I am trying to use the External ID field to control the import process. It doesn't look like it is working. Is there additional help on this topic other than the few lines shown in the Help doc?

Ted
Can you setup conditional lookup? ex. I have created a new custom object 'Interest' which has master-detail relationship to 'contact' object. In addition, I like to setup another field that would store the 'account' record associated with the 'contact' record in the 'Interest' object. It doesn't look like this is easily done. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

In detail,

[Interest]object contains
{Interest_Contact} field -> linked to [Contact] standard object
{Interest_Account} field -> must link to the {Interest_Contact}'s [Account] record.

During the data entry phase, it is quite easy to automatically link [Contact] record to a new [Interest] record. However, when you try to enter {Interest_Account} field via the lookup table, you get all [Account] records instead of the one that is associated with the {Interest_contact}. How do you program the setup so that it either automatically fill the {Interest_Account} with the proper [Account] record or only display the [Account] record associated with the {Interest_Contact} record?

Ted
Can you setup conditional lookup? ex. we are interested to create a new custom object 'Interest' which has master-detail relationship to contact object. In addition, we also like to setup another field that would store the account record associated with the contact record in the 'Interest' object. It doesn't look like this is easily done. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

Ted Tsung
I am attempting to update the 'Contact' table with the following codes.

custom fields:

MaxLoss__c (percentage)

update($id, $maxLoss)
{
$fieldsToUpdate = array('Id'=>$id, 'MaxLoss__c'=>$maxLoss);

try {
 sObject = new SObject();
        $sObject->fields = $fieldsToUpdate;
        $sObject->type = 'Contact';
        $contact = $mySforceConnection->update(array ($sObject));

I am running Windows XP Prof with Apache 2.0.58 with PHP 5.1.2. When attempting to run "php helloworld.php", I received the following error:

Error Fetch HTTP Headers

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ted
I am trying to use the External ID field to control the import process. It doesn't look like it is working. Is there additional help on this topic other than the few lines shown in the Help doc?

Ted
Can you setup conditional lookup? ex. we are interested to create a new custom object 'Interest' which has master-detail relationship to contact object. In addition, we also like to setup another field that would store the account record associated with the contact record in the 'Interest' object. It doesn't look like this is easily done. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

Ted Tsung