• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,
I just noticed that some code I was running to automatically log users into the self service portal has died after 6 months of smooth operation.  The code was largely based on the Self-Service Portal toolkit.  This used to be located in php section of this website which I can't seem to find now that the design has gone to all APEX all the time.
Anyway,  I can still add the self service user and set their password, but I fopen the login and drop the result url into an Iframe it responds with..
"There is a problem with your session. Your session with Salesforce is invalid. It may have timed out or become corrupted in some other way. You may also receive this error if Salesforce has recently updated its security architecture." message.

Is anyone else that was running this experiencing the same problem?

Tim
Hi all,
I just noticed that some code I was running to automatically log users into the self service portal has died after 6 months of smooth operation.  The code was largely based on the Self-Service Portal toolkit.  This used to be located in php section of this website which I can't seem to find now that the design has gone to all APEX all the time.
Anyway,  I can still add the self service user and set their password, but I fopen the login and drop the result url into an Iframe it responds with..
"There is a problem with your session. Your session with Salesforce is invalid. It may have timed out or become corrupted in some other way. You may also receive this error if Salesforce has recently updated its security architecture." message.

Is anyone else that was running this experiencing the same problem?

Tim
The Self-Service Portal Toolkit for PHP 5 is now on sourceforge.net.  Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=188531

This toolkit makes it easy to embed the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal within an existing PHP web application. It comes with a sample, Berkeley Frozen Pizza, that demonstrates how a web site can authenticate a user and then access the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal seamelessly--all without the need for two sign-ons.

Keep in mind that this is a 0.9.0 release, so feedback is especially welcomed.

Changes in version 0.9.1:
=========================
* Updated to PHP5 toolkit 1.0.5
* Added missing Users.xml

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:32 PM

I am trying to develop a custom portal to integrate salesforce data along with some other hardware monitoring information in one portal.  I would like to use the salesforce self service portal user information for authentication, but am unsure if the API is capable of authenticating users this way.

Very new to salesforce.  Any PHP documentation or getting started information other than what is already posted is much appreciated.  For example, a very basic getting started guide using the enterprise wsdl and php would be helpful.
  • April 17, 2006