• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a strange problem.
I started using the upsert call on accounts in salesforce.com.
I created the external id and batch uploaded 200 accounts.
I even tested running a few more after that run to make sure that the "update" was happening and not creating any duplicates. All was fine.

I then wanted to do a full run, so I decided to clean out my data in salesforce.com (mass delete of accounts) and run my program again. Now I keep getting:

duplicates value on record with id: xxxx

when I try to run the upsert on the first 200 records that I was testing with.

At first I thought it was becuase they were still in the recycling bin, but even after emptying it, I still get this error. It is always the same ID that gets referenced for all upserts in my 200 account batch. When I try to go to that account ID (manual copy and paste to the url) it says the record has been deleted.

Any ideas?

Carlos

I even tested running a few more after that run to make sure that the "update" was happening and not creating any duplicates. All was fine.

I then wanted to do a full run, so I decided to clean out my data in salesforce.com (mass delete of accounts) and run my program again. Now I keep getting:

At first I thought it was becuase they were still in the recycling bin, but even after emptying it, I still get this error. It is always the same ID that gets referenced for all upserts in my 200 account batch. When I try to go to that account ID (manual copy and paste to the url) it says the record has been deleted.

Any ideas?

Carlos

Any ideas?

Carlos

I'm trying to figure out how to do an upsert to an object setting it's parent using a foreign key to it's parent's external ID using the partner WSDL.  The example in the 8.0 docs only shows this being done using the enterprise WSDL, is this possible?
  • January 08, 2007