• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings !

Is there a way to create a Salesforce report that list all accounts which has atleast one note on them?

Thanks in advance.

• August 27, 2007

Hello this is more of a design issue. We need same list of values in 2 different picklists on Accounts and Contacts objects. I feel, creating two different picklists on these objects is redundant. Is there way we can create one field and make it accessible to both objects?

Thanks

I am getting ExceptionCode:5077 while trying to query for records based on a number type field.

Here is the condition I am using...

Account PLSID__c equals <blank>

Please find attched screen shot of error.

THX
  • March 08, 2007
Can I create a new custom field on Account with exactly same properties as an existing field?
I wanted the visibility of this new field to be same the existing field.
Also what is the best way to copy all values from an existing field into this new custom field?
Thanks
  • September 13, 2006
Can we disable the Account merge Functionality in Salesforce? If yes how?
Thanks
Hi,

We want to maintain history of deleted account records from Salesforce database. Is there way by which I can move account record in to a custom object before deleting it.

How to detect, deletion of a record from account object?

Also wanted to capture the details of the contacts that were associated to this account.

Please advice.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am not very good at Excel. Please help me with this.

Can I pull contact records from SFDC, using XL connector based on a column which I already have in my Excel?

Thanks

Hi All,

I wanted to pull some contacts and thier accounts using Excel connector. Can some body guide me on how I achive this.

Thanks.

Message Edited by VIKTOR on 07-14-2006 12:49 PM

Can we disable 'Empty recycle bin' for individuals? Only Admin should be able to empty organization recycle bin.
Is there a way I can list all the reports in which a particular field is used?

Thx
Salesforce reports display Biling address if the mailing address is missing for any of the contacts. Can I turn off this feature? I want the nulls to be displayed where mailing address is null.
thx
Hi All,

In a Page Layout, can I define a filter based on a custom field.

I have a custom flag which is flagged for some records which are soft deleted. I dont want to show these records in some of the page layouts.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Hi all,

Can we automatically set the value of a pick list field based on the selection of a another field? The second field is a check box.

Thanks

Hi,

Can a run a query like this in Salesforce?

Select Some field, count(*) group by Some field
having count(*) >1

Thx
How to make a field, mandatory in Salesforce?

Thx
I wanted a custom field to be populated automatically based on the selection of values on another custom pick list field. Please help me, if some one has tried this before.

Thanks
  • April 07, 2006
Can any one help me to create a report with all accounts where the same email id is used in more than one account.

Thx.

• March 30, 2006
Dowloaded and installed the AppExchange component Mass Update Contact Address. Everthing went smooth and I could place the custom link on the contact page. The problem is when I click on the link it gives the following error message.

Insufficient privileges.
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

I logged in as System Administrator.

Please help me.

• March 23, 2006
Can we send an email to the lead resource whenever a case is created.

Thx
  • March 23, 2006
Hi,

We are currently facing a problem with Address Field in Salesforce org.

As you know the address is comprised of one single field of data type 'Address' in Salesforce. Can I provide a pick list for Country part of this address field?

Problem is, as the 'country field' is a free Text field,the users tend to enter different version of a Country name while creating an Account or Contact manually.
For example in our database we have the following values for the same country.

NETHERLAND
NETHER LAND
NETHERLANDS
NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
NATHERLANDS
NEATHARLAND
NETHARLANDS

To get rid of this we wanted to make this this a picklist if possible. Can I create a new custom picklist field and use it inplace of the standard field? In this case how to get rid of the existing country value. Also we have some external applications writing records into Salesforce.

Appreciate any sort of help on this.

Thx.
  • March 17, 2006
I wanted a custom field to be populated automatically based on the selection of values on another custom pick list field. Please help me, if some one has tried this before.

Thanks
  • April 07, 2006

Hello,

Some users have Office 2007, (Windows XP) and they are having problems with the salesforce connector, for this reason we are plannig to exclude the Add-ins and for these computers.

I would like a support of you, i already know the process to exclude in 2003, but could you please teach me how to exclude in excel 2007?

Thank's

Att

Andrea Oliveira

Hello  -

we are trying to create new (and even just a simple update) APEX classes and triggers in our Sandbox.  We were 'upgraded' about a week ago to Summer '08...and now we cannot connect via the Force.com IDE/Eclipse.  We can't be the only ones with this problem, yet at the same time there seems to be nothing out there for help on this.

Does anyone have any idea what might going on here?  We're on na3 if that matters at all.  This is just the latest is what is now a broken Sandbox integration with Summer '08.

Thanks.
Bryan

I have to write some code for a Salesforce Enterprise edition that doesn’t allow me to create/modify/drop triggers or Apex classes by using the interface.

I managed to create a trigger by using Eclipse.The Salesforce interface shows me that the trigger code is completely saved and is valid. However, I cannot activate the trigger either by using the Salesforce interface or Eclipse.

I think I miss something here. Can someone help, please?

Thank you

• March 26, 2008

For some reason the excel connector for PE has stopped working and we desperately need some help.

First it worked great, but then it was moved. We then followed the instructions below, deleted all signs of the excel connector on the computer, restarted, re-installed the excel connecter, and did everything possible - but we can’t get the excel connector back to working.

Each time we re-install, re-add the Add-in (or replace it), and then go to re-add the sforce connector toolbar, it gives us the same error that it cannot be found and is still looking for it in the original place it was – the first time it was installed.

Is there any way to fix this?

We’ve been trying everything on the discussion board, including the instructions below from the FAQ and still cannot get it to work.

I already tried this:
Open Excel
Click Tools, Add-Ins
Uncheck the sforce_connect checkbox, click OK
Close Excel
Open Excel again, if the "sforce_connector" menu bar is still there, right click on the tool bar area of excel, uncheck the sforce Connector check box
Close Excel
Open Excel
If the bar is gone and the Add-INs list is showing the add-in as unchecked or gone then you can re-install the add-in from the new file location of the XLA, see the install instructions on the web (http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm)

Thanks so much!

Hi

Is it possible to customize display settings for Related Lists in a particular Page Layout?  For e.g. I have a lookup relationship between a custom object 'SearchResults' and Contact.  In the Contact Page layout, I would like to control the number of SearchResults objects displayed.  I think it defaults to 5.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

• July 31, 2007
Does anyone know anything about the forthcoming integration between Joomla and SalesForce being designed by Picnet?

I have tried to contact them with regards to the tool, but have heard nothing yet.

Regards,
Warren
Hi,

Is there an easy way to nuke our entire Salesforce instance back to the default?

This includes all records, all custom fields, reset all custom fieldname, reset all custom stages/pipelines, Record Types - basically EVERYTHING - to be all the default and initial Saleforce settings.

Hi,

We've developed applications that connect with salesforce.com without any problem.

I now have a client that needs us to work initially with a sandbox.  The URL's we would normally use do not work. 

e.g.  we are calling

https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js

and

https://na1.salesforce.com/js/functions.js

Then logging in with ....  sforceClient.login(user,pass);

How would I do the same with a sandbox account?

Many thanks

MF

• September 20, 2006
Can I create a new custom field on Account with exactly same properties as an existing field?
I wanted the visibility of this new field to be same the existing field.
Also what is the best way to copy all values from an existing field into this new custom field?
Thanks
  • September 13, 2006
Hi

How can we hide the custom tabs we created based on roles

Thanks for your help

--Mohan
Hi guys,

new to the system and was looking for tips on how to upload a batch file from a unix directory into salesforce.

cheers
jmeyer
Can we disable the Account merge Functionality in Salesforce? If yes how?
Thanks

Hi, 

I did receive a mail from salesforce side that my org’s storage use has exceeded the provided limit. Actually I have a small problem in my org.

Few days back I did upload a big file in my org but then I realized that my org’s permitted storage limit doesn’t allow me to store such huge file. So, I did delete that file from my Document and at the same time I deleted from recycle bin as well. But from setup section I came to know that still the Document is occupying a huge space though I don’t have even a single file/document in Document.

I am afraid if there is any other option to resolve this issue. It would be great if anybody can help me in this regard as soon as possible because currently I am not being able to use my org due to this issue.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thx,

Deepak 

Hello guys,

I am trying to access and manipulate the salesforce data from an external system using salesforce API.
I see that  before I can access the data using api, I need to authenticate the access either by username/password or sessionid/serverurl. Potentially my application can be used by multiple organizations via salesforce.com.
1. To gain access to a client organization's data using api, do I have to collect their super-user's username/password ?
2. If I simply pass the session id and server url over the querystring to my application and use it in the
api to gain access to their data, it works in some cases but might fail if the logged-in user has limited access/permissions to the data that I need to access.

Am I missing something here? Is there any other way accomplish this?

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Krishna
Hi All,

In a Page Layout, can I define a filter based on a custom field.

I have a custom flag which is flagged for some records which are soft deleted. I dont want to show these records in some of the page layouts.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Is there a limit on the number of contacts an account can have?

Thanks.
Hi all,

Can we automatically set the value of a pick list field based on the selection of a another field? The second field is a check box.

Thanks

How to make a field, mandatory in Salesforce?

Thx
Hello,
I have a mismatch between the "Reports" feature of Salesforce, and the Excel Connector.

While in "Reports", I select the Account table, choose a few fields to view, and select "all visible accounts" and set my start date to 1/1/1999 with no end date.  Our company started in 2003, so that includes all Accounts.  Then I "Export Details to Excel".
Using Reports, my record count is 5322

When I use the Excel connector, I choose every column in the Account table, and add NO selection criteria for the query.
Using the Excel Connecor, my record count is 318. 

When I noticed the discrepancy, I checked a few of the account records, placed them in edit mode and saved the record.  Once I did that, the Excel Connector seemed to pull down the recently edited account when I re-ran the query, increasing my record count.  But it's a far cry from the 5000 records that the Excel Connector does NOT pull down.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I pull down ALL records using the Excel connector.