• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there

I have just downloaded a new Partner WSDL (The first one for a while) and am having problems with the build. When I build the WSDL (using wsdl4java) and try to run a simple unit test that creates a new Account object I am presented with the following exception.

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:275)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serializeActual(SerializationContext.java:1502)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:978)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:732)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializer.serialize(ArraySerializer.java:414)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serializeActual(SerializationContext.java:1502)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:978)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:799)
    at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.serialize(RPCParam.java:208)
    at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.outputImpl(RPCElement.java:433)
    at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:1208)
    at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:139)
    at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:478)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2757)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.create(SoapBindingStub.java:1633)
    at com.pctfiler.salesforce.SalesForceQuery.create(SalesForceQuery.java:165)
    at com.pctfiler.salesforce.test.AbstractSalesForceTestCase.createAccount(AbstractSalesForceTestCase.java:88)
    at com.pctfiler.salesforce.TestAbstractSalesForceTestCase.testSimple(TestAbstractSalesForceTestCase.java:19)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:120)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:CHRIS

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
    at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2760)
    at com.pctfiler.salesforce.test.AbstractSalesForceTestCase.createAccount(AbstractSalesForceTestCase.java:88)
    at com.pctfiler.salesforce.TestAbstractSalesForceTestCase.testSimple(TestAbstractSalesForceTestCase.java:19)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(BeanSerializer.java:275)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:732)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializer.serialize(ArraySerializer.java:414)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContext.serialize(SerializationContext.java:799)
    ... 23 more

I am not doing anything differently here as I have in previous new builds. I have noticed tho that the endpoint URL is now

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0

The last time I ran a WSDL update this was

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks

Chris

Hi there

Im trying to set up the outbound messaging for the first time and im having difficulties.

Im am currenty getting the message delivery status of ...
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.enterprise.OpportunityNotification - Applicant__c

Applicant__c is a custom field that im trying send in the outbound message which opportunity object. All of the objects that im using in my test application are the latest objects generated from the latest WSDL file.

The applicant__c field appears in Opportunity complexType in the WSDL but not in the OpportunityNotification complext type.

Does any one have any ideas on this?

Thanks for reading

Chris
Hi there

Im am trying to setup an outbound message listener for the first time and Im running in to some difficulties. Currently we have an outbound message setup on the onSave event of the opportunity. This is all fine, when we save an opportunity then the message is created and sent as expected (well it appears in the delivery status queue).

The problem we are getting is that im not too sure if the message is ever recieved by our server.  In the message queue we get the following message "org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize" Is this message generated by salesfore or is this returned from our server?  If this is returned from our server does anyone have any idea whats going on?

The object we are calling is NotificationBindingImpl.jws (as generated from the WSDL file). the notifications method simply executes a log4j info method call. The log4j jar is on the classpath and the other salesforce objecs created by the wsdl are in the classes directory of the axis web-inf folder so every object im referencing is on the class path.

If I make a call to the jws file through the url http://localhost/axis/NotificationBindingImpl.jws?WSDL then  I am presented with the xml for the NotificationBindingImpl.jws file.

Any advice on this is happily recieved.

Thanks

Chris

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:23 PM

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:23 PM

Message Edited by k209310 on 02-05-2007 03:24 PM

Hi there

Im trying to run a test SOQL relationships for thte first time and have encountered some problems.

I am running the query
SELECT a.Id, a.Name, (SELECT c.Id, c.firstname, c.lastname FROM a.Contacts c) FROM Account a
agsinst standard SalesForce objects however every time the query is executed against our account I am returned the error message
MALFORMED_QUERY: SOQL statements can't query related data

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is occuring. As far as I can tell the syntax of the query is correct and I can run standard queries without any problem

Thanks

Chris

Hi there

Ive been developing a build for our application that takes the enterprise.wsdl file and automatically creates the  proxy classes. This all work s without a problem. However I was hoping for ant to connect to our SalesForce account and automatically retrieve the wsdl to remove this tedious manual task  I can quite get it working tho. Has anyone had any success with this?

I have been trying to retrieve the file using ants core GET task which is desinged to get a file from a url but without success. I only seem to be retrieving a redirect page detailing the need to logon to sales force first. If anyones interested heres the target ive been using.

Code:
<target name="get_wsdl" description="s">
        <get verbose="true" dest="test.wsdl" src="https://na2.salesforce.com/soap/wsdl.jsp" username="whatever" password="whatever" />
    </target>

Has anyone out there managed to do this? Can this be done with another ant task?

Thanks for Reading

Chris

Hi there.

I seem to be having difficulty storing an Attachment object. The object creates without any problems however whn I come to write the object to AppExchage I get the following. I am using create to try and store the object.

Code:
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
 faultSubcode: 
 faultString: Unable to find a de-serializer for the type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}byte
 faultActor: 
 faultNode: 
 faultDetail: 
 {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Unable to find a de-serializer for the type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}byte

I am creating the Body using a Standard byte[] as the API requires however the online documentation mentions base64Binary primitive types. Is this where Im going wrong? If not does anyone regognise the above error?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Hi There. Im new to this so [please bear with me.

I am currently triying to develop a Java Interface to SalesForce and have had no real problems untill now.  Im sure there is a simple way to do this but after an afternoon with my head in the API I just seem to be going round in circles.

We have a Custom Formula Field and have been trying to access its data. We have tried a variety of methods using amongst other things the query and retrieve methods in SoapBindingStub.

I have tried accessing the table meta data via the DescribeSObjectResult object and can see that the field exists. However I need is someway to see the data.

We have been able to access a Custom Picklist Fields data easily using the Field getPickListDataValues() but not the Formula Fields

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
Hi there

I have just downloaded a new Partner WSDL (The first one for a while) and am having problems with the build. When I build the WSDL (using wsdl4java) and try to run a simple unit test that creates a new Account object I am presented with the following exception.

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:CHRIS

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
    at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2760)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'type' is null.
    ... 23 more

I am not doing anything differently here as I have in previous new builds. I have noticed tho that the endpoint URL is now

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0

The last time I ran a WSDL update this was

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks

Chris

Hi there

Im trying to run a test SOQL relationships for thte first time and have encountered some problems.

I am running the query
SELECT a.Id, a.Name, (SELECT c.Id, c.firstname, c.lastname FROM a.Contacts c) FROM Account a
agsinst standard SalesForce objects however every time the query is executed against our account I am returned the error message
MALFORMED_QUERY: SOQL statements can't query related data

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is occuring. As far as I can tell the syntax of the query is correct and I can run standard queries without any problem

Thanks

Chris

Hi there.

I seem to be having difficulty storing an Attachment object. The object creates without any problems however whn I come to write the object to AppExchage I get the following. I am using create to try and store the object.

Code:
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
 faultSubcode: 
 faultString: Unable to find a de-serializer for the type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}byte
 faultActor: 
 faultNode: 
 faultDetail: 
 {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Unable to find a de-serializer for the type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}byte

I am creating the Body using a Standard byte[] as the API requires however the online documentation mentions base64Binary primitive types. Is this where Im going wrong? If not does anyone regognise the above error?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Hi There. Im new to this so [please bear with me.

I am currently triying to develop a Java Interface to SalesForce and have had no real problems untill now.  Im sure there is a simple way to do this but after an afternoon with my head in the API I just seem to be going round in circles.

We have a Custom Formula Field and have been trying to access its data. We have tried a variety of methods using amongst other things the query and retrieve methods in SoapBindingStub.

I have tried accessing the table meta data via the DescribeSObjectResult object and can see that the field exists. However I need is someway to see the data.

We have been able to access a Custom Picklist Fields data easily using the Field getPickListDataValues() but not the Formula Fields

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris