• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

We'd like to set up a customer portal targeting a specific set of visitors of our website - a force.com site in this case.

We need to set a process where the visitors can fill in a form and get access to the portal, immediately. No action required on our side.

Visitors are likely people not in our Salesforce org.

Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Thanks!

Hello,

I use templates with the tag <apex:composition template="TemplateZYX"> and the apex:define.

Can the cache tag applied only in the template page, so I can deploy the caching to all the detail pages with no need to amend every single detail page? What  if the detail page and the template have inconsistent caching rule, by mistake?

Thanks

Hello,

I manage several sites and some visualforce page is shared.

Since in every site there's need for specific, targeted content, e.g.. the footers, I put some code like:

<c:EGHomepagetitle rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'Egitto'}" />
<c:LYHomepagetitle rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'Libia'}" />

<c:ABCfooter rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'ABC'}" />

<c:DEFfooter rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'DEF'}" />

Thus, I've references to components.

In order to manage pieces of codes in the main body,  is there any way to achieve the same result without any external reference?

I'd like to have a std visualforce page where some text&image are shown only when the page is used under a specific site.

Hello,

I'd like to use the very same page in different sites, loading different components based on specific criteria, eg. the custom web address.

Example:

Component 'Xdetails', containing contact details in country 'XX'

Component 'Ydetails', containing contact details in country 'YY'

Page 'Contacts'

2 sites, domain.xx and domain.yy

When visitors call the page 'Contacts' at domain.xx, they get the component 'Xdetails'

When visitors call the page 'Contacts' at domain.yy, they get the component 'Ydetails'

How can I achieve that?

Thanks

SiteLogin  
SiteRegister  
SiteRegisterConfirm

Hello,
a few questions:
  1. may I customize graphically these std pages and apply to them the site template?
  2. If reply to 1 is 'yes': may I duplicate and rename these std pages in order to use different layouts & portals in different sites?
  3. If reply to 2 is 'yes': what that can involve? I mean, any warning?
thanks

Any experience, suggestion, warning about a  .mobi site running on force.com?

Mainly targeting Blackberry users. 

Thanks

Any search engine-friendly way to move an existing website to force.com, I mean to handle the change of urls?

from 

www.domain.com/abcdefg.asp

to

www.domain.com/abcdefg 

Thanks 

Hello,

I've just noticed that with the starting of the scheduled Maintenance of EU0, a public Site has been set as 'down for maintenance', with the following url:

www.domain.com/cust_maint/default/site_down/maintenance.html

Did that happen by chance or actually the maintenance of the instance involves a stop of the sites?

Message Edited by AndreaT on 19-09-2009 08:52 PM
  • September 19, 2009

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problem while trying to verify a force.com site in a Google webmaster tools account.

Google can not verify the meta tag and I assume there's no way to get the website verified via the uploaded html file, that should have an url like www.domain.com/verifile.html.

I get this sort of meta tag-related problem only with Google. Yahoo! and other tools are fines and they have the same process.

Any idea? Thanks 

Message Edited by AndreaT on 17-09-2009 03:21 PM
  • September 17, 2009

Hello, 
I'd like to use a set of icons in several VF pages in a force.com site and then apply a common style with a single css piece of code  (eg. in a static resource or a component). 

I use a code like <apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Images, 'xxx.gif')}"  /> to load each image. 
I'd suppose I should use a CSS ID, so I put an ID in the VF page code and in the CSS: 

VF page code example: 
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Stile, 'style.css')}" /> 
<apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Images, 'xxx.gif')}" id="abc"  /> 

style.css code example: 
#abc {float: right} 

I performed several tests but that doesn't work, and I cannot apply the same ID to more than 1 image.
Any suggestion? Thanks 

• September 15, 2009

Hello,

I'd like to enable 2 different pages, having the very same page Name, in 2 different public sites:

www.site1.it/productnameA

www.site2.de/productnameA

That's because of some marketing requirements.

I'm afraid I can't do that because I would need 2 VF pages with the same Name, and that cannot be done.

Any workaround?

Thanks

• September 12, 2009

Hello,

I receive an IS error message after clicking on Page Preview. Preview of any page, based on any template, including the CMS templates without changes.

I started receiving this error suddenly, after using the CMSforce for a while.

Does anyone get this sort of error? Reason for that? 

Thanks!

• September 05, 2009
Hello,
I'm trying to use the CMSForce and Sites.
With CMSForce, I've created some PageTemplates, and then some Pages based on PageTemplates.
Now, none of those Pages are Available Visualforce Pages and so I can't add any of them to the list of Enabled Visualforce Pages for the Site.
I can see only the PageTemplates listed as Available Visualforce Pages.
Please, can you help me on this? What I'm missing?
Thanks!
Message Edited by AndreaT on 27-08-2009 09:30 AM

Hello,

We'd like to set up a customer portal targeting a specific set of visitors of our website - a force.com site in this case.

We need to set a process where the visitors can fill in a form and get access to the portal, immediately. No action required on our side.

Visitors are likely people not in our Salesforce org.

Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Thanks!

Hello,

I manage several sites and some visualforce page is shared.

Since in every site there's need for specific, targeted content, e.g.. the footers, I put some code like:

<c:EGHomepagetitle rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'Egitto'}" />
<c:LYHomepagetitle rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'Libia'}" />

<c:ABCfooter rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'ABC'}" />

<c:DEFfooter rendered="{!$Site.Name = 'DEF'}" />

Thus, I've references to components.

In order to manage pieces of codes in the main body,  is there any way to achieve the same result without any external reference?

I'd like to have a std visualforce page where some text&image are shown only when the page is used under a specific site.

Any search engine-friendly way to move an existing website to force.com, I mean to handle the change of urls?

from 

www.domain.com/abcdefg.asp

to

www.domain.com/abcdefg 

Thanks 

Hello,

I've just noticed that with the starting of the scheduled Maintenance of EU0, a public Site has been set as 'down for maintenance', with the following url:

www.domain.com/cust_maint/default/site_down/maintenance.html

Did that happen by chance or actually the maintenance of the instance involves a stop of the sites?

Message Edited by AndreaT on 19-09-2009 08:52 PM
  • September 19, 2009

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problem while trying to verify a force.com site in a Google webmaster tools account.

Google can not verify the meta tag and I assume there's no way to get the website verified via the uploaded html file, that should have an url like www.domain.com/verifile.html.

I get this sort of meta tag-related problem only with Google. Yahoo! and other tools are fines and they have the same process.

Any idea? Thanks 

Message Edited by AndreaT on 17-09-2009 03:21 PM
  • September 17, 2009

Hello,

I receive an IS error message after clicking on Page Preview. Preview of any page, based on any template, including the CMS templates without changes.

I started receiving this error suddenly, after using the CMSforce for a while.

Does anyone get this sort of error? Reason for that? 

Thanks!

• September 05, 2009
Hello,
I'm trying to use the CMSForce and Sites.
With CMSForce, I've created some PageTemplates, and then some Pages based on PageTemplates.
Now, none of those Pages are Available Visualforce Pages and so I can't add any of them to the list of Enabled Visualforce Pages for the Site.
I can see only the PageTemplates listed as Available Visualforce Pages.
Please, can you help me on this? What I'm missing?
Thanks!
Message Edited by AndreaT on 27-08-2009 09:30 AM